Why do people black out their faces?

MA2010

I took down all info and pictures,after loads of people kept silently visiting my profile...nope! no more for me.Who knows, exactly who was looking at my profile, or if they were offended. I'm not going to even show my hair once I get to BSL, or MBL.

Oneya,
What do you mean by silently visiting your profile? That sounds scary to me.......please explain.

Can I please see your hair once it gets to BSL/ MBL.......please?

gabulldawg

I think she means ppl visiting but making no comments just flyby visitors?

I think so, too, but I wouldn't think that's a reason to be concerned. I know I've had what I would consider to be a lot of visitors on my page, but I always assume it's hair or make-up related.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I think so, too, but I wouldn't think that's a reason to be concerned. I know I've had what I would consider to be a lot of visitors on my page, but I always assume it's hair or make-up related.

Yup, and if you're posting in an interesting thread a lot, people are going to be curious about you. I dont expect all visitors to comment, if they had something worthwhile to type, they'd do it.:yep:

ChasingBliss

Someone took mine and used it in a white supremacist video to show in what ways black people were ugly. It was both shocking and absurd, since I'm so fine! :blush: :lachen: So I can understand why people would not want their faces up. Don't stop me, though, but I understand.

Bastards, they were probably highly attracted to your beauty and mad at your pic and themselves for being attracted to a black woman.

Anywho, I understand all of the blacking out of faces and such. However, I dont understand when someone only covers their nose. I've wondered but never asked.

*Muffin*

sometimes i black mine out if i'm really lookin a super HAM. i do understand some folk wanna be private though, cause of the haters and whatnot, but to me, its just hair. i wouldn't care to get called out IRL like "that's ole girl w/ that messed up hair pic!" if that's the case, i wouldnt post a messed up hair pic.

shoot, i'm showin my face. i wanna be asked if i'm niko's cousin, so ya'll need to know what i look like!:lachen:

That's what I'm sayin' :lachen:! I want my face out there so I can meet some of you someday :rolleyes:.

Lexib

Hey, I am not sure if you post in the other forums, but this forum is not only about hair growing. Shoot, I do not care that much if my hair stays at its current length. As others have stated, people post everything on here. I have ranted about two or three things over my three years here that in retrospect, I shouldn't have. I will forever be "monkey face," because I do not want certain things to come back and hunt me. People often think you are lacking in the looks department if you block your face, but that's not always the case...

Girl I hope not. To think that someone's first thought at seeing a blocked out photo or no photo is that the person must be *****! This is a *hair forum* not Match.com :lachen: Let's hope most ppl have more common sense than that! :lachen:

LongiLox

I know it's a hair board and about the hair. But to me those pics should only be of the back of your head. What are people doing with people's faces..lol.. so I can know to black out mine too... if need be. And the stealing of the pics from fotki..why does everyone have that under the pic..do not steal my pics? Just want to know..what do these people do with pictures of other folks hair.. I mean I guess if this was a board I was ashamed to be on .. I would black out my face.. but shoot anybody and their mama can know I'm trying to grow me some hair!

Just want to know the rationales...

I understand why people black out their faces in pictures posted on the net, because they don't want some psycho person doing crazy stuff with their pics. What I don't understand is why some people black out their faces in some pictures and leave it alone in other pics. I just don't get it. Can someone explain the significance of that?

Liberianmami26

i understand that cuz one of my friend had found her pictures from her myspace on some girl's made up page and was showing everyone the fake page so i understand the do not steal pic sign.

Menina Preta

I think she means ppl visiting but making no comments just flyby visitors?

LOL...Sometimes I click on folks' profile by mistake. While I'm trying to click the link of a thread, I may slip and click on the name of the OP, bringing me to their page. I never comment on profiles...

Solitude

Those blogs were ridiculous and there were more than just this one, they got shut down and all though this one is still up, its shut down too. I dont think these links should be posted around here anymore though. I mean since MY picture is on it, I would rather they not ...you know? I'm sure others referenced on that hate blog would feel the same , that even posting them here is perpetuating it once again. :nono:

They were very ignorant and they were very ugly. lets not give them a spotlight here anymore please

I had no idea that people could be so ugly & hateful...over some HAIR. Irresistible, I've admired your hair since I joined this board. :drunk: