12 inches in 12 months - 2014

fancypants007

Re: 12 inches in 12 months - 2013

I'm still here. I was a little slack over the weekend. I usually do better during the week.

I intended on exercising over the weekend but it didn't work out that way. I installed kinky twists over the weekend. I think this will help a lot. It will free up a lot of time I was spending on my hair so I can now exercise and get other things done. This will allow me to more easily oil my scalp as well as cowash 2x a week. So my scalp should be healthier. I am plan to be vigilant moisturizing my hair so I can retain my ends when I take these out.

Getting back on track today with my eating, water, supplements, etc. Will update later today.

That's the key, putting ourselves back on track. I know what you mean when you say the kinky twists will free up a lot of time in spending on your hair. I decided to do buns for 6 weeks and I spend more time styling it then when I had plaits/braids. Anyhow, it's all good. After doing my protein treatment this weekend, I think I'm going to try cowashes. How often do you do them?

fancypants007

I just recently ordered Biotin 10,000MG pills that should be here by Thursday. You think if I took those daily my hair would grow enough to be one inch/month?

I think it will assist in helping your hair to grow. It seems like its a combination of things that we do that enhances hair growth. For instance, Biotin, scalp massages, GHE, multivitamin, MSM, etc. I never had a problem with my hair growing, but my problem was retention. I started back using Mane and Tail products and I can already see a difference. When I took braids out, I had usual shedding, but I've been combing my hair which I really don't like doing alot, and since Thursday I've been combing my hair and I see very little in the comb. Finding hair products that help assist us is also important and I'm hoping to see those accumulated inches which leads to length. Hope this helped.

fancypants007

Hey, I use Baylis and Harding, great hair moisture surge. it comes in massive litre bottles that you can often found in tk maxx or pound shops. i added a bunch of sunflower oil for smoothness and ceramides.

i only shampoo once a week but because of all the growth aids, heavy sealing and products sometimes during the week my hair feels a little gunky. i do it about 1-2 times a week.

Thank you for that. I've never head of it before and I will definitely be checking out my TJMax. Cowashing 1 to 2 times a week sounds reasonable to me because I'm a strong advocate of low manipulation.

faithVA

[USER said:
fancypants007;18433929[/USER]]That's the key, putting ourselves back on track. I know what you mean when you say the kinky twists will free up a lot of time in spending on your hair. I decided to do buns for 6 weeks and I spend more time styling it then when I had plaits/braids. Anyhow, it's all good. After doing my protein treatment this weekend, I think I'm going to try cowashes. How often do you do them?

Oh no, I was hoping when my hair was long enough to bun it would be my go to style. I need something quick and easy.

I only cowash 2x a week. My scalp needs some water every 3 to 4 days.

fancypants007

Oh no, I was hoping when my hair was long enough to bun it would be my go to style. I need something quick and easy.

I only cowash 2x a week. My scalp needs some water every 3 to 4 days.

Oh it is easy, but I call myself this morning trying to be cute. I played with it more than I should have and I ended up putting it in my basic bun that I usually wear. Tomorrow I will not be having this problem. I will put it up and go. I want to reposition my pony, so I will be wearing low bun 2 days and high bun 2 days and perhaps I will add a phony pony the other days. I think I'm going to stick with buns even though I love the braids. I'm going to use this 6 week period to strengthen my hair and trying my hand at cowashing. I think I will wash using shampoo once a week and cowash 1 or 2 times a week. I love the low manipulation and I don't want to get into combing my hair everytime I wash or cowash. But I have to admit that Mane n Tail detangler works very good in keeping that shedding at bay. Anyhow, I know what I have to do and hopefully it will be good. I remember before when I wore my hair in buns for over a year, my hair grew sooooo much. I'm hoping for the same alternating between buns and braids. Keep your kinky twists moist using some braid or moisturising spray while in them is my suggestion.

fancypants007

Hey, I use Baylis and Harding, great hair moisture surge. it comes in massive litre bottles that you can often found in tk maxx or pound shops. i added a bunch of sunflower oil for smoothness and ceramides.

i only shampoo once a week but because of all the growth aids, heavy sealing and products sometimes during the week my hair feels a little gunky. i do it about 1-2 times a week.

This conditioner is unique to UK but I found it on ebay and ordered it. I think I will start using it when I put my plaits back in which won't be until the end of July. The braids at times can be hard to keep moisturised and I'm hoping during cowashes using this conditioner will help. Thanks for sharing. I will let you know I like it.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

This conditioner is unique to UK but I found it on ebay and ordered it. I think I will start using it when I put my plaits back in which won't be until the end of July. The braids at times can be hard to keep moisturised and I'm hoping during cowashes using this conditioner will help. Thanks for sharing. I will let you know I like it.

ooooo yes please. are you going to doctor it with oils and stuff?

faithVA

Did fairly well today.
1. Was able to avoid junk food.
2. Drinking my smoothie now
3. Drank at least 40 oz of water. Will do better tomorrow
4. Did supplements plus my iron
5. 4 minutes of inversion
6. Oiled scalp and baggying now
7. Walked at least 20 minutes

Let's see how well I can do this week.

fancypants007

ooooo yes please. are you going to doctor it with oils and stuff?

Well it seems like the ingredients are pretty good and it certainly talks about drenching your hair with moisture. Have you tried it without adding any other ingredients? I don't know when it will get here but I can wait. I also found a recipe for homemade conditioner that's cone free. It seems really easy to make. I ordered some BTMS from ebay and that is one of the ingredients and coconut oil, glycerin, water, honey. Very few ingredients. I think I will try this weekend to make and see how it feels and looks by experimenting with one part of my hair.

fancypants007

Did fairly well today.
1. Was able to avoid junk food.
2. Drinking my smoothie now
3. Drank at least 40 oz of water. Will do better tomorrow
4. Did supplements plus my iron
5. 4 minutes of inversion
6. Oiled scalp and baggying now
7. Walked at least 20 minutes

Let's see how well I can do this week.

Way to go. You are the one that keeps us all on track because you keep us consistently updated with what you are doing. I like that because it encourages me to stay on track. By the way, I did my bun this morning and it took me less than 5 minutes. I think I'm going to go to craft store and either make or look for some hair accessories to accent my buns. Thanks for keeping us motivated.

Hyacinthe

faithVA

have you been noticing growth from the inversion method.
i gotta start but ive been lazy,maybe you can give me a boost:lol:

faithVA

Way to go. You are the one that keeps us all on track because you keep us consistently updated with what you are doing. I like that because it encourages me to stay on track. By the way, I did my bun this morning and it took me less than 5 minutes. I think I'm going to go to craft store and either make or look for some hair accessories to accent my buns. Thanks for keeping us motivated.

Maybe I can bun by the end of the year. (wish, wish, wish)

faithVA

[USER=357665 said:
Hyacinthe[/USER];18438699]faithVA

have you been noticing growth from the inversion method.
i gotta start but ive been lazy,maybe you can give me a boost:lol:

I don't know if I can attribute the growth to just the inversion method. I am doing a lot of things at the same time. I am noticing growth but it is not phenomenal. It is faster than normal which I can tell by my grays. Usually it takes about 30 days before my grays peek through. I think my grays were peeking through around day 10.

But I continue to do inversion because it really is the only time of day I am getting in a good stretch. So even if it isn't helping my hair it is helping my body.

fancypants007

Maybe I can bun by the end of the year. (wish, wish, wish)

Stay positive. I battle with that type of thinking too. Perhaps, I don't know, will I get there..... and I have to remind myself to think positive. If you keep doing what you're doing, you will have your bun at the end of the year without a doubt.

fancypants007

I don't know if I can attribute the growth to just the inversion method. I am doing a lot of things at the same time. I am noticing growth but it is not phenomenal. It is faster than normal which I can tell by my grays. Usually it takes about 30 days before my grays peek through. I think my grays were peeking through around day 10.

But I continue to do inversion because it really is the only time of day I am getting in a good stretch. So even if it isn't helping my hair it is helping my body.

I agree. Inversion is healthy for you period. One of the added benefits is getting blood to your scalp. I can also tell that my eyesight is improving. I love doing headstands/inversion and I know it helps contribute to hair growth.

fancypants007

I forgot to mention that something else that I decided to do is not only taking MSM (1/4 tsp) in my brewers yeast juice mix, but I also add 2 heaping Tbsp. to my moisturising spray. Since I'm wearing my hair in a bun, I spray my hair/scalp with it AM/PM. Today was the first time I sprayed in AM and my scalp has this unusual feel to it. I can tell that something is going on. I feel stimulation, a little heat, itching but not really itching. I just have this tingly feeling that feels good. Adding MSM topically can perhaps assist us with our goal of 12 inches in 12 months. Since I'm using this spray every AM/PM and MSM is a form of sulfur, I've cut back in using my sulfur oil mix to 2-4 times a week. Just wanted to share.

faithVA

Stay positive. I battle with that type of thinking too. Perhaps, I don't know, will I get there..... and I have to remind myself to think positive. If you keep doing what you're doing, you will have your bun at the end of the year without a doubt.

You are right. I need to stay positive. I have a lot of things going for me right now. I am experience blessings, let me count the ways

1. I successfully put my hair up into kinky twists giving me a much needed break.
2. I haven't had to dust my hair since April which is the longest time ever.
3. I have my my moisturizing plan established for my hair and I have it in practice.
4. I have found great staples for my shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and moisturizer.
5. Found great supplies for mist bottles, oil bottles.
6. Have great scalp treatment products that I am using every week
7. With my kinky twists I can cowash more often
8. I know my hair will be longer when I take these out
9. I am getting better with my moisture protein balance
10. I have the option to redo this protective style as often as I like since it cost me nothing but time.
11. I am in a better place hair wise this year than I was last year
12. I'm finally enjoying trying new products because I understand my hair better
13. I have a good idea of what ingredients my hair likes and doesn't like
14. I am looking forward to my rollerset in August. I think I do a good rollerset
15. I am feeling comfortable with my protective style at work and out and about
16. I am becoming more consistent with my hair and body regimen

I think that is enough for now.

You are right. I need to stay positive. I have a lot of things going for me right now. I am experience blessings, let me count the ways

1. I successfully put my hair up into kinky twists giving me a much needed break.
3. I have my my moisturizing plan established for my hair and I have it in practice.
4. I have found great staples for my shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and moisturizer.
10. I have the option to redo this protective style as often as I like since it cost me nothing but time.
12. I'm finally enjoying trying new products because I understand my hair better
14. I am looking forward to my rollerset in August. I think I do a good rollerset

That sounds great!

fancypants007

See all you had to do was readjust that negative energy into positive and look at that..... I have to keep reminding myself too. Especially after experiencing some hair breakage after I took my braids/plaits out. I had to keep telling myself that this is not a setback, but just learn from it and move on. I think I know what the problem was, or least one of the problems and I'm so thankful that my hair in the back was not affected. I still have my length, but some strands around my front are short, but I can deal with it. I decided to take proactive measures to remedy the problem, one being taking a break from plaits/braids which will give me time to wash every week with a deep conditioner to help build it up. I visualize seeing my hair get longer and longer and this time next year, we all will have longer hair.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Im trying to find the perfect deep conditioner. I can't remember the last time i deep conditioned. I'm trying nspa repairing hair and scalp miracle mask for dry/damaged hair. It's more of a mud mask conditioner with vegetable protein. i've got high hopes for this one. wish me luck

eta hair was soft and not weighed down. smells nice too. can't really ask for more.

Last edited:
Im trying to find the perfect deep conditioner. I can't remember the last time i deep conditioned. I'm trying nspa repairing hair and scalp miracle mask for dry/damaged hair. It's more of a mud mask conditioner with vegetable protein. i've got high hopes for this one. wish me luck

Same here. I am looking for the perfect moisturizing deep conditioner for me.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Well it seems like the ingredients are pretty good and it certainly talks about drenching your hair with moisture. Have you tried it without adding any other ingredients? I don't know when it will get here but I can wait. I also found a recipe for homemade conditioner that's cone free. It seems really easy to make. I ordered some BTMS from ebay and that is one of the ingredients and coconut oil, glycerin, water, honey. Very few ingredients. I think I will try this weekend to make and see how it feels and looks by experimenting with one part of my hair.

It works really well by itself. Once my hair was parched, my flat mate left hers in the shower and i took a cheeky couple of pumps. It worked really well at softening and moisturising.

fancypants007

eta hair was soft and not weighed down. smells nice too. can't really ask for more.

I find that to be a problem too. I think I'm going to start using natural homemade conditioners. There are plenty that use avocado, coconut oil, mayo, etc. I also found an old thread with the recipe for Cathy Howse deep conditioner. I haven't tried it yet, but I might. What is nspa repairing hair mask?

faithVA

I forgot to take my supplements yesterday :nono: I need to make sure I put them on my desk as soon as I get to work. Need to get more water in as well. I will do better today.

fancypants007

I forgot to take my supplements yesterday :nono: I need to make sure I put them on my desk as soon as I get to work. Need to get more water in as well. I will do better today.

Sometimes it happens. I know this happened to me last week but we put ourselves back on track by reminding ourselves of the goal. I try to take my hair vitamin/multi vitamin when I take my brewers yeast juice mix in the morning. I want those 12 inches and trying to stay motivated is what's going to help us reach the goal. Don't worry. Just get back on track!

fancypants007

I need to up my water intake as well this week. I haven't started off this week very well.

Don't worry, just start doing what you can do. Remember, we only get what we put into it. This principle applies to everything we do in life. We all will get off track at times, but the key is putting ourselves back on track. Last week I was a mess because there was so much going on, but this week I'm focused. I have been consistent with my vitamins, oiling scalp, exercising, headstands, etc. We don't want to look back with regrets...... stay encouraged and motivated.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

I find that to be a problem too. I think I'm going to start using natural homemade conditioners. There are plenty that use avocado, coconut oil, mayo, etc. I also found an old thread with the recipe for Cathy Howse deep conditioner. I haven't tried it yet, but I might. What is nspa repairing hair mask?

It's not organic or anything like that. It smells gorgeous. Its supposed to strengthen and prevent damage. The second ingredient is kaolin followed by fatty alcohols. The instructions says to apply it on the hair and scalp and leave it for 5-7 minutes. I leave it on a little while than that. It rinses out really easily.

I love the nspa brand, i use a lot of their beauty products so when i found out they had a haircare range i was overly happy. I'm also giving their serum a try too. Its mostly cones and fragrance and it helps my sticky castor oil go on easier. :)

fancypants007

It's not organic or anything like that. It smells gorgeous. Its supposed to strengthen and prevent damage. The second ingredient is kaolin followed by fatty alcohols. The instructions says to apply it on the hair and scalp and leave it for 5-7 minutes. I leave it on a little while than that. It rinses out really easily.

I love the nspa brand, i use a lot of their beauty products so when i found out they had a haircare range i was overly happy. I'm also giving their serum a try too. Its mostly cones and fragrance and it helps my sticky castor oil go on easier. :)

So these are products that originate in the UK. Very nice that you found products that work for you. I received confirmation that my conditioner has shipped. I will just wait patiently until it arrives.

fancypants007

Did my first cowash this morning. Hair was feeling kinda yucky so I used VO5 tea therapy this morning and sprayed down with Mane n Tail detangler, moisturising spray and styled in bun. It was kinda cool. I did comb and there was very few strands in my comb. I loved the Mane n Tail products for that reason. They seemed to minimize shedding for me which is great. I'm consistently doing what I can do. I see growth, but don't know how much. Can't wait to post pic at end of June.