2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

faithVA

This challenge works for anyone wanting more length whether you have a TWA or already WL.

All 3 sessions will be in this one thread
January - April (Post ending picture by May 3rd)
May - August (Post ending picture by September 5th)
September - December (Post ending picture by December 31st)

If you would like to be an official challenger, complete the following.

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
2. Current Length
3. Regimen
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
5. Anything else you would like to share.

At the end of each session post your initial picture from your joining session and your current picture.

***Anyone is welcome to join at anytime ***

Official Challengers - Session 1
AbsyBlvd
Aggie
Ashanti1922
Cattypus1
Dee_Raven
faithVA
Froreal3
HairPleezeGrow
grow
JudithO
KammyGirl
ladybevy
myfaithrising
sky035
THicknLong
trclemons
xu93texas

Last edited:

faithVA

1. Starting pic
Dec2015_LC_Side.png Dec2015_LC_Back (2).png Dec2015_LC_Front.png

2. Current Length : NL

3. Regimen : Doing MHM with Terraveda Organix products

..Cowash my hair every 3 to 4 days
..Protective Style
..Be consistent with my protein every 4 to 6 weeks
..Do Olaplex every other week
..Be consistent with my exercise
..Be consistent with my vitamins

5. Anything else you would like to share
I think I will finally be able to measure whether I am getting 2 inches.

Last edited:

xu93texas

image.jpeg I'm in!

Current length: SL
Regimen: I will continue to PS with wigs and get a crochet braid install a few times per year. I wash, do a protein treatment, &DC every 2-3 weeks after taking down my cornrows. I m&s 3-4 times per week with a braid spray, a Shea butter lotion/cream, and apply Jbco to scalp.
What I'll be doing to achieve APL 2016: drinkin green smoothies and protein shakes, inversion, GHE, taking manetabolism,
JBCO, drinking bamboo tea, and taking Neocell collagen.

trclemons

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers): See post #28.

2. Current Length: APL

3. Regimen: LCO, massage scalp & baggy overnight daily; PrePoo DC & CW on Tuesdays; Alternate between PrePoo DC & CW and Oil PrePoo & Shampoo on Saturdays; Invert 1 week/month.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Exercise on weekdays; Eat balanced meals; Drink 1/2 my weight in water.

5. Anything else you would like to share: Not at this time.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Please Hold...starting pic to come.
Update:
  1. Starting Pics Attached.
  2. Current Length: SL
  3. Regimen: Work in progress...
Weekly: Shampoo with KKKC or Ouidad Oil Cleanser, Protein as needed, DC with NG Various (Non protein) w/steam, twistout air dry.
Daily: cowash as needed, leave-in, air dry.
MHM once monthly.​
4. Be consistent with my conditioning, increase my water intake, begin exercise regimen, no hair color-embracing my gray and my muddy natural brown, straighten once per quarter for LC.
5. Good luck all...HHG...Happy New Year!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

LdyKamz

Starting pic: will post on the 31st.

Regimen: Shampoo and DC 1x a week. Mixing protein and moisture conditioner together to keep balance. Hard protein as needed.

What you will do to achieve your goal: I'm planning on starting inverting however hard it will be to remember to do it for 7 days straight. Scalp massages with NJoy's growth serum. Vitamins, lots of water and exercise.

I've joined so many challenges for 2016 ain't no way I won't make my goals now. Here's hoping!!

20151228_204147.jpg

Last edited:

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
Hi FaithVA...it's been some time. Loving your hair in your siggy. I would like to join this challenge. Will post my starting pic shortly.
1. Current length: TWA
2. Regimen:
Daily Co-Wash - Rusk Conditioner
Leave in - Wave Nouveau Finishing Moisturizer
Styler - Aveda Light Elements followed by Ecostyler Gel & Curl Acivator Mix
Finisher: Aveda Flax Seed Hair Spray
3. Goal for this Challenge: Grow in my nape area fully and get into the habit of tying my hair each night
4. Once I achieve my goal, I would like to focus on nailing down my daily regimen consistently and only purchasing products for my regimen, nothing more.

ladybevy

2. Current Length: SL
3. Regimen: Wash/DC Weekly(Light Protein/Moisture Steam DC weekly). Prepoo overnight. Bunning/updo/protective styling. Baggying 3x a week. Inversion every month. Scalp massages. M&S nightly.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Keep up with my regimen. Drink more water, take my vitamin.
5. Anything else you would like to share:

Attachments

• Freshly Relaxed 12-23-15 -5.JPG
    Freshly Relaxed 12-23-15 -5.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 145

Dee Raven

I'm definitely in. But I want to trim my hair before I get started, which I'll probably do next weekend. (ETA: Changed my mind about the trim. Technically, I'm also in the Don't Cut it Challenge, and I only have one more pass left. Le sigh. I'll do it at the end of April.)

1. Added. The first pic is from the bottom half of my hair, the second is from the top.
2. Current length: A mix between WL - TBL
3. Wash/Condition weekly. Elasticity treatment as needed. Measuring monthly. Photo documenting before/after pictures using same clothes/markers (this has been a problem in the past)
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Drink more water, take multi-vitamin, detangle gently.
5. Anything else you would like to share: Thanks for starting the challenge. I did this a year or two ago and it worked really well. Also, I really would like to thicken up the top half of my hair. At one point two years ago, I had to cut off a lot of my hair (the top portion) due to heat damage, and I cut it to APL. Some I really would like to see the thickness make it's way past WL.

Attachments

• Length check 1:3:16.jpg
    Length check 1:3:16.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Photo on 1-3-16 at 4.43 PM (1).jpg
    Photo on 1-3-16 at 4.43 PM (1).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

JudithO

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers) - Attached
2. Current Length and Regimen - Siggy
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Keep up with my regimen, drink more water
5. Anything else you would like to share: Nope - Happy growing.

Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.51.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.56.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.55.09 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.53.42 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.52.19 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.53.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 1.53.19 AM.png
    692.9 KB · Views: 149

grow

@JudithO , congrats and thanks for the pics! You're a great inspiration and you've got a lot of growth!

@faithVA , I'd love to join!

I will upload a pic shortly
Uploaded it below!

2. Current Length
BSB

3. Regimen
Co wash 2-3 times a week, sleep in overnight treatments (tea, oils, deep conditioners, ayurvedic powders including henna) 1-3 times a week
Oil scalp with Vatika, especially in winter months.

Drinking more water
Taking more long (3 hour) walks
Speaking positively about my hair (Affirmations)
Remebering to add glycerine to my mixes as we live in a humid climate
Using tea and coffee rinses/spritzes to aid growth, jbco and maybe sulfur
*ETA: I noticed a growth spurt one year when I was having 3-4 saunas a week, so I plan to go back to that
I also plan to get a new juicer because that helped too

I'm excited about this challenge and believe that the accountability of this challenge will help me to stay on top of my objectives, so thanks!:)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
1. Starting pic (required for official challengers): See attached. That's from October. It was 10" then after a trim. Now it's 11." I hope to retain two more inches by May 2016 for 13." That is ambitious for me, but if I am consistent with my reggie of additional internal and topical protein, vitamins, and scalp massage, I can do it.
2. Current Length: BSB 11"
3. Regimen: Shampoo once a week to every two weeks. DC every two weeks, protein treatment every two weeks. Twist hair up and style in updo. Moisturize and seal every other day with a spray leave in, cream, oil/butter.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Maintain my vitamin and protein intake.

Attachments

• LC OCt 2015.jpg
    LC OCt 2015.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 142

myfaithrising

20151228_185829.jpg 20151228_172526.jpg I'm in!!

1. Starting pic - attached
2. Current Length - cbl
3. Regimen - wash 2x per week / deep condition weekly / protein monthly/ trim as needed
4. What will you do to achieve your goal- protective style in twists and buns, protect them ends
5. Anything else you would like to share. - I am not seeing any growth so I'll really need to focus on retention and babying my ends.

Aggie

Finally my update for the challenge:

• Current hair length = I think I'm APL now but a month ago I wasn't so I guess I'm going for BSB/BSL for 2016.
  • Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning = Mildly Texlaxed once every 10-12 months
  • Goal Month = My birth month - October 2016
  • Current Reggie and styling choices - Wigs, half wigs, buns alternately.
  • Regimen: Wash and DC once a week to every 10 days depending on time available. Prepoo and oil rinse when I color/henna my hair - once a month. Inversion - 1 week a month for 5 minutes each day. Scalp massages for 3-5 minutes before inversions with hair potion/castor oil, MN and essential oils.
  • What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? I am 3.5 inches from BSL and I will be exercising, drinking lots of water, keeping up with my vitamin intake and very little manipulation of my hair. My hair does not like to be excessively touched anyway - I learned this the hard way.

LdyKamz

I'm not measuring. Should I be? Just figured I would eyeball it. Otherwise I'll have that darn measuring tape out daily making myself crazy.

GGsKin

Down below.
2. Current Length
Between NL (shortest layers 7 inches/ problem spot 5inches) and SL (longest layers 10inches)
3. Regimen
Modified Maximum Hydration Method. Water rinsing.
Keep washing and going- wetting my hair at least every 4 days. Regular dusting and continue to listen to my hair. Protein/moisture DC as and when needed.
I slacked off during the last session and didn't see much progress for it. I gave myself a good trim and I'm enjoying the shape a bit more. I'm starting the year in a better frame of mind.

At the end of each session post your initial picture from your joining session and your current picture.

Attachments

• 2016-01-02_12.57.17.jpg
    2016-01-02_12.57.17.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

THicknLong

If you would like to be an official challenger, complete the following.

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)- Will post pics tomorrow
2. Current Length- Neck Length
3. Regimen- Braids, until march 2016 - Plan is to relax twice a year. My relaxing months with April and September 2016.
Wash every two weeks and condition. Steam with deep conditioner once a month.. apply oil to scalp and braids and take vitamins regularly. Exercise 4 days a week as well as drink more water.
Have included KALE AND SPINACH SMOOTHIES Three times a week to get my weekly dose of veggies in.
Vitamins- mane choice, msm, biotin, hairnamics.
Jan 8th started - HAIRNAMICS. bought two months supply so I will see with those.
Manechoice I will start March. I want to maintain as much growth as possible.

5. I have learned the less manipulation and heat to my hair the thicker and fuller my hair stays. I can trim every 4 months.

Hair Goal by November is to be APL.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited: