2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

Leo24Rule

1. Starting pics:
2. Current Length: (Not really sure because I'm not really paying attention to that aspect just yet and instead focusing on thickening it up and it's state of health) MBL

3. Regimen: Keep it as simple as possible.
Co-wash every 2-3 days but wash with ayurvedic herbs 1x a week, tea rinse, DC 1x a week, LCO Method. (Subject to change)

4. What will you do to achieve your goal:
  • No hair cutting
  • Inversion Method
  • Massage and oil scalp daily/every other day with castor oil mix
  • Up water intake, eventually clean eating, exercise

5. Anything else you would like to share:
Also taking vitamins like garlic, multi-vitamin, B-vitamin complex, gelatin, green complex.

Attachments

• 20151001_095258.jpg
    20151001_095258.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 20151001_095342.jpg
    20151001_095342.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I inverted yesterday without oil. I used liquid gold oil the day before. Today I am inverting again without oil. I will apply mn either tonight or in the morning

Eta I used mn on my edges and Liquid Gold everywhere else.

Last edited:

ckisland

Checking in!!

I'm 1 month post BC :yay:. I feel like my hair is noticeably longer in the back, and now my tapered TWA is starting to look weird :laugh:.

I've been cowashing every 3 days or so, and sealing with AVG. I want to try raking into through to get some kind of definition, but it's awkward because my hair's so short. I might try FSG again.

bluenvy

^^^I been trimming twice yearly but ends needs a dusting in between. As hair gets longer, it get tangled more and more split ends. Are your ends in good health without trims? If so how are you maintaining it? Sorry if I'm asking much. I appreciate your feedback.

Leo24Rule

@bluenvy Go ahead & give yourself a nice trim, but don't cut again. Take a look at the Grow It Long Challenge & perhaps join!

To be honest my hair is always in a protective style: bunned, wet bunned paired with half wig, in a braid with fake hair, or in plaits under a full wig. My hair hasn't seen the light of day since 2011 maybe or longer. I just keep my hair moisturized & ends sealed.

Last edited:

bluenvy

Thank you @Leo24Rule I love bunning! I'm experiencing other styles just to have fun with my hair now but will eventually go back to bunning.
I did a nice trim last week. Let me check out that thread. I'm skeptical on no trimming at all, for ssks and split ends sake.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I found a new use for my tangle teaser... it is a great scalp massager. I massaged my scalp twice today and I did hubby's scalp too. Hopefully the bristles are exfoliating my scalp and stimulating growth.

Leo24Rule

@bluenvy my mom is a licensed beautician & didn't believe in hair cutting. Just trims spuratically. Me & my sisters hair have always been long & thick. I used to wear my hair & only my hair until I fried my hair from MBL to SL. Then in undergrad I flat ironed daily/weekly in soaking oil to achieve the sleek straight look caused my hair to break & thin out.

Last edited:

faithVA

I was considering doing more rollersets and 2 strand twists but tonight I decided I'm going to stick with flat twists for the remainder of the year. Hopefully the 12 weeks will give me enough length to switch over to 2 strand twists. I am so ready for some quick styling options.

Leo24Rule

@bluenvy I know I was so cruel to my hair. Used hot comb daily without letting it cool down on paper towel when I attended community college. Thats when hair went from MBL/WL to SL. I would flat iron hair several times a week without heat protectant in oil as an undergrad. Ew!! Smh...the things I did. So sad! My mom & sis would say the house smells like smoke as if it's on fire lol.
It wasn't til 2012 I started being scissor happy & cutting off damaged hair from heat that wouldn't curl, split ends, etc. So ends are good now.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am inverting right now (day 6). I am going to have to use liquid gold oil twice a week instead of every other day. My hair is just too oily right now. I'm tempted to wash it and straighten it again next week. I can't deal with oily hair :nono:

jennifer30

I have tried mn for hair growth and it gave me 2 inches so I was almost to SL but then I lost those 2 inches because it broke most of my hair off! I hate this breakage I am having. Please do not use mn, it will damage your hair!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have tried mn for hair growth and it gave me 2 inches so I was almost to SL but then I lost those 2 inches because it broke most of my hair off! I hate this breakage I am having. Please do not use mn, it will damage your hair!
What kind of breakage did you experience? Short strands, long strands, dryness? Have you tried a reconstructor to stop the breakage? If not I recommend Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee 2 step

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Leo24Rule I try to do it after work or whenever I get some free time. I set a timer on my phone and then I invert. I guess I am really motivated to get 2 inches before the end of this year.

I've been doing a lot of trimming this year so I need to end the year with a bang.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp with liquid gold oil. Friday I used mn and peppermint oil. My hair is still super straight and soft after 2 weeks. I think I can make this blowout last another week at least.

davisbr88

Hi!
I've been gone forever, and I need to get my life together.
Lately, I have been either shampooing or cowashing every 3 days, stretching with the cwk plates and setting my hair on jumbo perm rods overnight to get big curls. I think I will stick to this regimen for a while. I still have a few things to figure out, but I'm liking it. I am dropping out of this challenge, because I don't think I will reach my 2" goal. I had a lot of nutritional deficiencies, which I think explained why I have been losing soooo much hair and why it's been really dry and generally uncooperative. I hope that my hair will do a turnaround with my new diet. At this point, I think if I can just maintain my current length and see an improvement in its health, I will be satisfied.
Good luck, ladies!