2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

faithVA

There are 10 weeks left ladies. And with the holidays coming up those weeks will fly by.

The cold weather is coming as well so lets start the extra TLC.

Is everyone still on track?

faithVA

My ends are better but I still have to S&D every time I wash. Not sure if I should be worried or not.

Despite my ends, I'm still retaining. Saw a little extra length with my banana clip bun yesterday. And my twist are looking a little better.

Going to keep my expectations in check though. I don't think two months will get me over any styling humps.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still on track. I'm trying to reach the top of my bra without tilting my head lol.

I've been using liquid gold a few times a week with a full head baggy. I'm doing low manipulation (wigs), washing every 2-3 weeks and exfoliating my scalp once a month. I will also finish out the year doing cardio daily for 20 minutes

faithVA

I haven't really thought about what I'm going tondo for the next 10 weeks. I don't think I'm going to change much.

Will still wash weekly and try to add a mid week wash in. Maybe I will moisturize more. Right now i dont do anything between wash days.

I will keep it in either flat twist or two strand twist.

I'm going to take a probiotics daily. I need to add a green drink but I need to find one I like.

I'm not going to lie about exercise. I will work on it.

I guess I'm just hoping for the best because I'm really not trying to do anything.

bluenvy

Flat ironed hair lasted three weeks. Back to weekly wash and dc. Got to up moisturize and seal routine.
Been wearing other styles, twists outs, braid outs, sometimes I let it air dry and just leave it because of hang time.
I like to go back to high buns, but enjoying wearing it out.
I be surprised gaining two inches with fall breezes throwing my hair in all directions, and my trim last month. But I'm sticking it out to see. If it grows the way I like, I will wear it out often.

jennifer30

I haven't really thought about what I'm going tondo for the next 10 weeks. I don't think I'm going to change much.

Will still wash weekly and try to add a mid week wash in. Maybe I will moisturize more. Right now i dont do anything between wash days.

I will keep it in either flat twist or two strand twist.

I'm going to take a probiotics daily. I need to add a green drink but I need to find one I like.

I'm not going to lie about exercise. I will work on it.

I guess I'm just hoping for the best because I'm really not trying to do anything.

how far are you from sl? i dont think i'll be full sl until dec 2016. having setbacks and still trying to control this breakage :\

faithVA

how far are you from sl? i dont think i'll be full sl until dec 2016. having setbacks and still trying to control this breakage :\

Im not really sure. A good portion of the back should make it by June of next year. But it may take until the end of next year for my crown to reach SL.

If you can afford it get a Komaza hair analysis. Yes it's a bit pricey but it can save you months if not years of trying to figure out your hair.

jennifer30

Im not really sure. A good portion of the back should make it by June of next year. But it may take until the end of next year for my crown to reach SL.

If you can afford it get a Komaza hair analysis. Yes it's a bit pricey but it can save you months if not years of trying to figure out your hair.
ok. thanks i'll try that

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I applied liquid gold to my scalp and baggied for a few hours. I need to shampoo my hair soon. I don't want buildup to interfere with my growth.

Amethyst67

My ends are better but I still have to S&D every time I wash. Not sure if I should be worried or not.

Despite my ends, I'm still retaining. Saw a little extra length with my banana clip bun yesterday. And my twist are looking a little better.

Going to keep my expectations in check though. I don't think two months will get me over any styling humps.
You can do it. I bc'd in April of this year. I really cut it off. I was down to about an inch or half inch of hair and I was relaxed bsl. This month I had about 6 inches retained and I chopped off an inch so I'm down to about 5 inches. My mom keep asking me what I'm doing. I just wear a wig every day and wash and dc weekly. I just pulled out my steamer so I will be prepooing using steam. I need to eat better and exercise so I will be starting that next week. I also have not been using direct heat. I will try to post a picture of my bc tomorrow.

gvin89

Hey yall...it's been a long time. I've experienced some shedding since coming off some meds, but hoping to recover over the next 10 weeks. I keep my hair in protective styles and only touch it to wash. I've been getting flat twist updos professionally and doing my own two strand twists. Can't wait to see where I end up in December.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have reached most of my new lengths after a good trim. There is strength in numbers, so thick ends have a better chance of surviving and retaining length.

I want consistent growth so I am on a seasonal trim schedule (March, June, September and December).

ImanAdero

I'm dropping out. (Although I forgot I was in this challenge to begin with lol)

My hair has been generally uncooperative recently and I need a change so I think I'm going to cut it! I've been wanting a bob for a while, so that's what I plan to do.

faithVA

I'm dropping out. (Although I forgot I was in this challenge to begin with lol)

My hair has been generally uncooperative recently and I need a change so I think I'm going to cut it! I've been wanting a bob for a while, so that's what I plan to do.
Sorry to see you go but enjoy your new style.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am doing a full head baggy with liquid gold for a few hours today. Hopefully I feel like washing my hair Friday. I can not put it off any longer

faithVA

There are 8 more weeks until the end of the year. That's enough time for 1 to 2 inches of additional growth depending on your growth rate.

Let's rededicate for the final stretch.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I put some liquid gold oil on my scalp and I'm wearing a baggy for a couple hours. I noticed some short strands along the perimeter of my head (sides and back). I'm not sure if those are new strands or breakage :(

faithVA

I'm not doing much for the next 8 weeks. I'm going to wash or water rinse weekly and keep my hair in flat twists except for special occasions. I will do 1 shampoo wash and 1 protein treatment a month. And I will keep doing search and destroys as needed. That's it for me.

I need to go find a hat for cold weather. Perhaps I will do that tomorrow.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today was my 7th day inverting. I washed my hair this morning and let it airdry most of the way. Then I added a little leave in and detangling was so much easier on dry hair! I didn't lose a lot of hair at all. I am probably going to start doing a weekly wash if it's going to be this easy.

I want to let my scalp breathe for a couple days before I start back with my growth aids (liquid gold and mn).

faithVA

I did find a hat. Now I need to put a satin liner in it.

Nothing much going on with my hair. Washing it and putting it back into flat twist. I'm finally retaining. Glad to end the year better than when I started it :yep: