2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge 2017 -final Session - Sept To Dec.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Someone installed flat twists that were very, very close to my scalp and very, very tiny. She refused to apply product to my length or ends--only the roots.

This was DISASTROUS. My hair was so incredibly tangled. My ends were dry as sandpaper. I got so much breakage and shedding.

Letting the Soultanicals Soulvedic Stands Poo sit on my hair for about 10 minutes healed my hair. The suds gave crazy detangle-ability, too. I was so relieved!

This latest setback has caused me to pull back mentally. I just don't want to be this concerned about my hair's length/ends anymore. I really want to focus more on 24-7 maintenance of moisture. :yep: I am thinking about getting a significant trim and just running my ayurvedic regimen building in peace without tracking anything. I plan to snap photos every 3 months for visual comparison, but that's it. Chunky twisting, bunning, wigging, and washing and going if I band overnight all work for me. I am ready to coast. :smile: :up:

fifigirl

Someone installed flat twists that were very, very close to my scalp and very, very tiny. She refused to apply product to my length or ends--only the roots.

This was DISASTROUS. My hair was so incredibly tangled. My ends were dry as sandpaper. I got so much breakage and shedding.

Letting the Soultanicals Soulvedic Stands Poo sit on my hair for about 10 minutes healed my hair. The suds gave crazy detangle-ability, too. I was so relieved!

This latest setback has caused me to pull back mentally. I just don't want to be this concerned about my hair's length/ends anymore. I really want to focus more on 24-7 maintenance of moisture. :yep: I am thinking about getting a significant trim and just running my ayurvedic regimen building in peace without tracking anything. I plan to snap photos every 3 months for visual comparison, but that's it. Chunky twisting, bunning, wigging, and washing and going if I band overnight all work for me. I am ready to coast. :smile: :up:
This must have been so upsetting!
So sorry! I am learning to rely only on myself with my hair as i understand it better than most stylists. If i'm too tired to do my hair, then my hair doesn't need to be done.......

beauti

Almost 2 weeks in my twists. I usually do braids but the twists were faster. I need to take them down either sometime today or tomorrow for my wash process, then back in twists.

Alma Petra

I think that my hair is growing shorter due to the thinning; long hairs are lost before the shorter hairs catch up. This is in addition to the fact that my roots are now natural so they shrink up and give the illusion of shorter hair than when all the length was texlaxed.

Nonetheless I am still trying my best in the spirit of the challenge to grow and retain as much as I can, even if the results are not tangible. At least I can do as much damage control as possible.

Evolving78

I think that my hair is growing shorter due to the thinning; long hairs are lost before the shorter hairs catch up. This is in addition to the fact that my roots are now natural so they shrink up and give the illusion of shorter hair than when all the length was texlaxed.

Nonetheless I am still trying my best in the spirit of the challenge to grow and retain as much as I can, even if the results are not tangible. At least I can do as much damage control as possible.
Hang in there! I know I am! Something else is wrong with me, so I’m going to do my best to cut out sugar, drink veggie juices, up my water, take my vits, and I might start taking a probiotic. I’m working on next year! I’m done with 2017! Lol
I’m doing my scalp massages, and doing the inversion method. I also started using MN in my hair loss areas. I can’t cowash, since I don’t want conditioner sitting on my scalp, especially since I’m working on my bald spots.

Alma Petra

Hang in there! I know I am! Something else is wrong with me, so I’m going to do my best to cut out sugar, drink veggie juices, up my water, take my vits, and I might start taking a probiotic. I’m working on next year! I’m done with 2017! Lol
I’m doing my scalp massages, and doing the inversion method. I also started using MN in my hair loss areas. I can’t cowash, since I don’t want conditioner sitting on my scalp, especially since I’m working on my bald spots.
Hehe I love the spirit! I am done with 2017 too and I'm just using the remaining days of it to prepare for a strong start in 2018.
I think the most important thing is to keep fighting the battle. As for me I will go back to vitamin E oil scalp massages and I'll add a tea of bay leaves and caffeine.
I hope that you see results soon!

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
IMG_0714.JPG The last post I made, mentioned that I gained the length I trimmed in early November. I'm posting my final results now, since I'm not expecting a significant change in length by the end of the month. My hair is in a catch up phase right now, where my shorter hairs gain length and the longer hairs remain stagnant. I don't expect another boost in growth until Feb 2018. I will say this challenge helped me to not only be accountable, but realize the growth patterns of my hair. I will most likely join this challenge next year.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
View attachment 418233 The last post I made, mentioned that I gained the length I trimmed in early November. I'm posting my final results now, since I'm not expecting a significant change in length by the end of the month. My hair is in a catch up phase right now, where my shorter hairs gain length and the longer hairs remain stagnant. I don't expect another boost in growth until Feb 2018. I will say this challenge helped me to not only be accountable, but realize the growth patterns of my hair. I will most likely join this challenge next year.

Your ends look great! Your hair looks healthy! :smile: Nice results. :yep:

faithVA

I' ready for 2017 to be done as well as far as my hair. I' just not up to straightening right now and plan to wait until the last day of work.

I think my hair has gotten to a length where stretching or blowdrying no longer show my length. At least thats what I'm hoping.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
The struggle is real! I didn’t realize you were struggling with bald spots. Your pics always look like your hair is thriving. Any idea what might be causing them? Working from the inside out is always a good plan. Keep the faith, Lady.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I haven’t done anything significant with my hair and my deep conditioning has been erratic because I have gotten lazy. I’m imagining good progress but I am badly in need of a trim so I fear I may lose the evidence of my progress. I guess I can’t be mad because I’ve been so lazy...oh well, on to 2018.

Evolving78

The struggle is real! I didn’t realize you were struggling with bald spots. Your pics always look like your hair is thriving. Any idea what might be causing them? Working from the inside out is always a good plan. Keep the faith, Lady.
I talked a lot about my hair loss. It started the end of Sept. my hair is still growing in other places, and my crown is filling in. I can cover that area, and still wear my hair out. You can’t tell when it’s straighten, but yes I am experiencing alopecia.

Evolving78

@shortdub78 I'm sure I must have missed the discussion. Hair loss is distressing whatever the cause. Sounds like you’re taking it in stride. Your hair grows like crazy tho so you must be getting it right. Good luck, lady.
I actually feel like crap about my hair.. lol but there isn’t too much else I could do. I feel irritation sometimes in random spots, so washing my scalp keeps the inflammation down.. but I would really like to just wash my hair once a week for now. So I need to figure out what in my cabinet, or issue that is bothering me.

Yesterday, I tried putting a roller in my really bad area, and it seems I will be able to roller set. I just have to be very careful not to cause breakage. It would be nice not to have to heat straighten my hair for now. I don’t want to cause dryness in that area from the blow dryer and flat iron.
Being Alopecia Alicia is not fun right now, but I’m going to get through it. If it wasn’t fixtable, I would chop my hair off!

Thank you for your encouragement and understanding!

Evolving78

I’m impressed with your neck, back, and shoulders! Lol good growth too! You are officially SL!!! I can say that now right? Lol

faithVA

I’m impressed with your neck, back, and shoulders! Lol good growth too! You are officially SL!!! I can say that now right? Lol
You are hilarious. Thank you I think.

When I was in middle school the boys used to say I was buit like a football player I guess because of my shoulders and then I was broader at the top. Now I'm just broad. :lol:

Yeah I'm finally claiming SL. I'm tired of the SL challenge. Thank goodness its over. It's like being 25 still a freshman in high school.

Evolving78

You are hilarious. Thank you I think.

When I was in middle school the boys used to say I was buit like a football player I guess because of my shoulders and then I was broader at the top. Now I'm just broad. :lol:

Yeah I'm finally claiming SL. I'm tired of the SL challenge. Thank goodness its over. It's like being 25 still a freshman in high school.
I’m like I need to sit up straight! Lol I always hold my chin downward.
Yes to no more of the SL challenge!

faithVA

I had to stop taking pull pictures because if I use the same area to pull, it would look like my hair wasn't growing. My nape has been sitting at my collarbone for about 18 to 24 months. Taking pictures from different angles has definitely saved me. Otherwise I may have quit thinking nothing was working.