2 inches in 4 months Challenge (March - June 2013)

HanaKuroi

faithVA said:
:spank: You need a starting picture. Talking about how long your hair is in June is not enough :nono:

Yes, you are right. I will take one before I half put in the mini braids. I say half put in because I cannot imagine ever finishing.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

faithVA

Yes, you are right. I will take one before I half put in the mini braids. I say half put in because I cannot imagine ever finishing.

:lachen: How inspiring. Starting without planning to finish :lol: Are you just going to do the perimeter and leave the center?

HanaKuroi

faithVA said:
:lachen: How inspiring. Starting without planning to finish :lol: Are you just going to do the perimeter and leave the center?

Basically. With a few dispersed in the center. :lol:

I just can't. It make me tired just thinking about the take down.

I start the braids but I never finish. It's too many. In addition I look bald. I have fine hair. I look funny.

BraunSugar

STARTING PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm official now!!! :lol:

2. Regimen
Wash 1-1.5 times a week w/shampoo. Co-wash 3 times minimum. Will be bunning most of the time and I'll potentially do a set of minibraids.

3. Long and/or short term goals
I want to be grazing BSL by the end of June and grazing MBL by the end of December

4. Healthy hair journey history
Cut off my lifeless, overprocessed relaxed CBL hair May 29, 2010. Since then I've gotten a very simple regimen using simple, cheap products. There have been a few cuts here and there, but overall I am pleased with where my hair is and its condition.

Last edited:

faithVA

I ended up trimming 1/2" to 1" this weekend to try to get my ends in order. After the protein treatments and the daily moisturizer I could tell my ends weren't going to improve. So gave myself a fresh start. Will try to baby my ends more.

Hopefully summer will make up the difference.

faithVA

I put my hair into finger coils. I am going to try to wear finger coils for 15 weeks until my 1st bc anniversary. Hopefully at the end of the 15 weeks, I will be near NL.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Checking in: I used a silicone serum (Fantasia IC) to seal my hair although I've been using mostly natural products (except my co-wash conditioner). Man oh man...any tangles melted instantly and a few days later, my hair still feels great. I don't know if I want to do this too often because I don't want too much buildup since I use a sulfate free shampoo. Hmmm...I figure once in a while can't hurt. My hair stays in twists or braids in a loose bun or braided into a large braid. Can't wait till our check in.

faithVA

I'm having a hard time making peace with a protective style. I did finger coils last week which were ok. This week I hated them so they are out already. I ordered 2 half wigs so I am hoping one of those works.

My regimen is getting better so I hope that helps. I hope that I get the right products for LOC so that will help. Hopefully I will have a growth spurt and can have great retention during the next two months. I really need these 2 inches for sanity sake.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Still making steady progress. I've retained about 1.5" from February to now. I went from 8 - 9.5" in the longest layers. I hope to be 11-11.5" by the end of the challenge to make my short term goal of BSL.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Last edited:

faithVA

I only made it two weeks with the finger coils. I liked the first set but didn't like the second set. This week I am in flat twists. They don't take as long to put in, so I will feel more apt to cowash mid-week like I want to.

I hope to have 2" by the end of June. I trimmed my hair the 1st week of April and I have regained all of that length. So I will need an inch a month to have 2" by the end of June.

choconillaprincess

Just wanted 2 share my 2ish month update... pretty sure I didn't get much growth but I did lose a bit of weight by the looks of it so that's a perk... I always get stuck at this bsl/mbl length! How do I get past this plateau?! Granted I did give myself a pretty thorough trim last month but still I've been at the same length for several months now

faithVA

Just wanted 2 share my 2ish month update... pretty sure I didn't get much growth but I did lose a bit of weight by the looks of it so that's a perk... I always get stuck at this bsl/mbl length! How do I get past this plateau?! Granted I did give myself a pretty thorough trim last month but still I've been at the same length for several months now

Congratulations on your weight loss. It is definitely noticeable. And your hair is beautiful. I have never been anywhere close to your length so no tips on why you aren't retaining.

choconillaprincess

Ha I wish Daae! I just have a really short torso so bsl mbl wl all looks the same to me! I may be suffering from hairexia but I think on a person with an average torso my hair would be more btw bsl & mbl so that's what I claim

HanaKuroi

I have a long, skinny neck and I am tall. I don't think I will ever reach mbl. My neck is like a giraffe. I like my neck though, but still. It will take a loooong time.

Channy31

Checking in, currently doing my exams.
Got some previous exam results today and have done AMAZINGLY, so a big kick up the bum to keep up revising!

Hair is taking a back seat. On a side note Im planning on getting Design Essentials Strengthening System at the end of May so I'll have a big update then!

hnntrr

Checking in, I did my BC back in.....March? So far I think I have gotten about 1/2 - 3/4 inches of new growth. I think. Its hard to tell now, my bangs are about eyeball length (they were eyebrow before), the sides are mid ear length, and the back is slowly creepin. I dont know if I will get 2 inches in 2 months...or if I will even be able to tell. June is next month so I will see if I am where I wanna be by then.

Hopefull I will be EL in the crown. Chin Length on Sides and mid neck in the back? By my BC'versary in june.

faithVA

I'm back from vacation so ready to get serious. I need to see some serious growth in 25 days.

Shadiyah

choconillaprincess I don't know if anyone else told you this yet but you are wl girly. your hair is not totally straight.

BraunSugar

I went to Sally this weekend and got the official WetBrush. Haven't used it yet. I haven't taken my vitamins in a week. Been so busy. Eh.

*Frisky*

I have over an inch worth a growth so I think I will definitley make it unless something tragic happens hahaha