2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

jenaccess

Checking in: I have alot of new growth almost 2 inches already. I have been washing and DC weekly. I have also been moisturizing and sealing daily.

alanaturelle

I just finished taking my kinky twists down. I'll do a deep condition on dry hair overnight and get back to wigging till the end of the year.

sherrimberri

Under the dryer now DCing for 10 minutes. Will rinse, detangle, and airdry and bun. Time is flying by. Will be Dec 31 in no time. Are you ladies close to 2 inches? I think i am
:)

alanaturelle

I will be baggying overnight during the whole month of December. I'm debating whether I should flat iron for Christmas or wait till 18 months post BC on January 23rd. Honestly, I don't think a month will make a difference length-wise. What do you all think? As a side note, I haven't applied heat since July when I lightly blow dried for the 1st year post which was the first time since BC.

ETA: I also want to flat iron because I need a good length check for a few 2013 challenges that I want to be part of.

Last edited:

alanaturelle

Thanks!!! I thought so too. So I'll be flat ironing for Christmas and hopefully maintain it till the New Year.

Tonight, I'm DCing and cowashing. I've added honey to my regular conditioner and because it's getting cold, I'll try to DC and cowash during the middle of the week in addition to my weekly wash day.

faithVA

I plan on dusting my ends tomorrow during the lunar cycle or whatever it is called. So won't be getting my 2" :ohwell: But I think the dusting is needed to start the new year off fresh. This will be my second in two months so I am pleased with whatever I have retained so far.

Lexsmarie

I know I'm late but.... I want to join this challenge! I've been PSing this entire month so I'm on track to accomplish this goal.

1. Starting pic (highly recommended)

2. Regimen

Co-washing 2-3 times per week with V05. Using S-Curl Moisturizer and seal with WGHO. I am bunning daily except for 3-4 times this year (Oct 3rd, week of Thanksgiving and week of Christmas and maybe New Years too). I am taking Silica, Wheat Germ Oil, Biotin and Fish Oil daily. I only drink water.

3. Long and/or short term goals

Long Term: WL ; Short Term: Thick, healthy hair

4. Healthy hair journey history

I had a lot of ups and downs to find the right regimen for me. I was BSL until March 2012 I cut to SL due to bad medication reaction and transitioning from BKT hair to Natural. I find that being patient and less manipulation to my hair works best. :grin: I'm excited to continue my journey and accomplish new goals. :yep: HHG

Hello all, this is my end result for the year. I grew 1.5 inches but trimmed hair yesterday.

12/21/2012 with 1" trim

image-3646346266.jpg

faithVA

I trimmed 1/2" last night and did another dusting in October, so no 2" for me. But I'm glad to have nice ends again.

alanaturelle

I'll post my results in the next couple of days. I'm straightening my hair for Christmas. I haven't applied heat since I big chopped in July 2011 other than a really light blow dry this past July for the first year length check. I'm really excited and can't wait, :)!!!

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Grrr...I got over an inch, but that trim last month has me right back to APL. Gonna work harder in 2013...I definitely could have done more. I definitely needed that trim though.

sherrimberri

Hi ladies

I followed my regi and retained my 2 inches:)

Heres my starting pic

securedownload.jpeg

Today:

ForumRunner_20121223_102234.jpg

I didnt fully straighten because i dont plan on wearing my hair out until spring 2013. Hoping to gain another two inches or more.

Sorry i cant rotate pics in this phone.

alanaturelle

I blow dried today; I didn't get 2inches but I'll take 1.5 inches.

Starting pic:

Before.jpg

After pic:

After (5).jpg

It looks that the bangs grew two inches, :perplexed.

alanaturelle

I flat ironed, trimmed 1/8 off and this is the final result but DH was tired of pulling my hair, :lol:

005.jpg

BTW, I noticed today that the length between the numbers on the t shirt is 1.5" and I thought it was an inch, :nono: