2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

Danniquin

I always forget to put my Satin Bonnet on at night :/

I think I'll start baggying at night, maybe then I'll remember to protect my hair and stimulate more growth with the "greenhouse" method.

Dee Raven

Same old, same old for me. I DC'd overnight, washed and retwisted today. Again, my shedding is at an all time low. Ya!

faithVA

I purchased some MSM tonight, so will take that along with Biotin for the next 60 days. I have a good idea where my hair is starting, so I can gauge to see if there is any real difference. I have averaged 1/2 inch a month so far since my big chop but I need to trim at least 1/4" next month. Hopefully I will still hit my target.

alanaturelle

I purchased some MSM tonight, so will take that along with Biotin for the next 60 days. I have a good idea where my hair is starting, so I can gauge to see if there is any real difference. I have averaged 1/2 inch a month so far since my big chop but I need to trim at least 1/4" next month. Hopefully I will still hit my target.

I tried MSM and it didn't really make a difference, lol. Do you need to trim a whole 1/4" off?

alanaturelle

I'm back in wigs. I really enjoyed having my hair in braids and I think I'll braid again very soon, :). When I took them down, my hair was well moisturized probably due to the braids spray that I was applying.

faithVA

[USER=346077 said:
alanaturelle[/USER];17046899]I tried MSM and it didn't really make a difference, lol. Do you need to trim a whole 1/4" off?

When I chopped in August I was using the MSM with Biotin plus my green smoothie and I seemed to have good growth. I ran out of MSM and things seemed to slow down. So I will evaluate over the next 2 months. It was only $5 for a 60 day supply, so it won't hurt.

I do think I need 1/4" off. I don't think I removed all of the bad ends when I chopped because I didn't want to go less than 2". And then after I chopped, I am manipulating it daily just to make it wearable. So my ends have sustained a lot of abuse over the past 2 months. I think if I don't trim 1/4" then I will end up with more breakage and stunt my retention.

alanaturelle

When I chopped in August I was using the MSM with Biotin plus my green smoothie and I seemed to have good growth. I ran out of MSM and things seemed to slow down. So I will evaluate over the next 2 months. It was only $5 for a 60 day supply, so it won't hurt.

I do think I need 1/4" off. I don't think I removed all of the bad ends when I chopped because I didn't want to go less than 2". And then after I chopped, I am manipulating it daily just to make it wearable. So my ends have sustained a lot of abuse over the past 2 months. I think if I don't trim 1/4" then I will end up with more breakage and stunt my retention.

Then it's better to trim it. Starting fresh is always a good idea and hopefully you can still hit your target. And where did you get MSM at $5 for a 60 day supply, lol?????

faithVA

Then it's better to trim it. Starting fresh is always a good idea and hopefully you can still hit your target. And where did you get MSM at $5 for a 60 day supply, lol?????

I bought MSM at CVS. It was probably originally $6+ but I always have CVS coupons so I get a lot of discounts.

SoopremeBeing

Hiiiii everyone...just an update,

Been sick the past week, so I've unfortunately been neglecting my hair. I've only kept it moisturized with my Cantu Shea Butter cream. But I will be taking down my twists tomorrow, co washing, and re-installing my twists.

I also will be experimenting with a new concoction I made: Megatek, tea tree oil, and MN.

DominicanBrazilian82

SoopremeBeing said:
Hiiiii everyone...just an update,

Been sick the past week, so I've unfortunately been neglecting my hair. I've only kept it moisturized with my Cantu Shea Butter cream. But I will be taking down my twists tomorrow, co washing, and re-installing my twists.

I also will be experimenting with a new concoction I made: Megatek, tea tree oil, and MN.

The sick season is among us... I am super sick as well. Feel better :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Danniquin

Checking in: I love this challenge! It's keeping me on track, I feel like I have been treating my hair so nice haha. It's been almost a month since I last flat ironed my hair, and I have no desire to do so anytime soon! I keep my hair is a braidout...I love it!

I've been moisturizing and sealing, I'm Dc-ing right now, and I think the Bee Mine serum is really making my hair grow! There's still some problems, tangles and break, but it's getting better :)

DominicanBrazilian82

Danniquin said:
Checking in: I love this challenge! It's keeping me on track, I feel like I have been treating my hair so nice haha. It's been almost a month since I last flat ironed my hair, and I have no desire to do so anytime soon! I keep my hair is a braidout...I love it!

I've been moisturizing and sealing, I'm Dc-ing right now, and I think the Bee Mine serum is really making my hair grow! There's still some problems, tangles and break, but it's getting better :)

I feel you on the heat. That's what I'm working on right now.

sherrimberri

Checking in. I was in a rush today so i only prepoo with AOGBP for 15 minutes. And i didnt DC with heat today. I will have to compensate by DCing with heat midweek.

tiajanae

So I've been doing the MN challenge along with this and have gotten 1.5inches of growth since September 1st! Excited and will definitely be hitting my mark :yep:

Attachments

• 10.23.12-2 hair.jpg
    10.23.12-2 hair.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 40

DominicanBrazilian82

Danniquin said:
Staying away from heat is my main problem! I always get happy with my length and then I fry it and have to cut :ohwell: I have to stop!

Have you had the same "frying" experience with rollersetting and wet wrapping as well? I'm curious because once I relax in 2 weeks, 2 days, I want to return to rollersetting and wet wrapping.

sckri23

I'm trying to stretch the longest I ever have without working up to it but the more I go the easier it is to handle my ng. Hopefully I gain an inch or two. I have doo gro stimulating oil, profectiv growth oil, softee castor oil, and some others. I hope that helps me reach my goal.

Last edited:

DominicanBrazilian82

faithVA said:
This weekend going to pick up some more MSM. I think I noticed more growth with the MSM + biotin. The hair vitamins seemed to do nothing.

I've been questioning why I'm even taking HSN vits...

faithVA

I've been questioning why I'm even taking HSN vits...

I think my hair vitamins just had the same ingredients as my daily vitamin, so I wasn't deficient in any of those ingredients so they didn't do anything. But MSM and biotin are definitely not in my regular vitamins.

Danniquin

Have you had the same "frying" experience with rollersetting and wet wrapping as well? I'm curious because once I relax in 2 weeks, 2 days, I want to return to rollersetting and wet wrapping.

I hardly roller set because I can't do it myself...I'm pretty sure the frying is from using direct heat too often, so I don't think rollersetting will be a problem!

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

Hi ladies, I am happy to read all of the posts about the growth/health that your hair has ... congrats!!

Last weekend, I took my mini braids out and washed with a chelating shampoo (loved how all of the grime came off my hair.) After letting the shampoo sit for ten minutes, I rinsed it out and deep conditioned with Nexxus Humectress, grapeseed oil and a cap fill of SAA for an hour. Finally, I rinsed the d/c out with cold water and twisted my hair for my 'out' style. I plan on re-braiding my hair this weekend- starting tomorrow to be exact.

I got to tell you, my hair has some definite ack'rite ... I don't know if it was the chelating shampoo getting the grime off my hair or my use of distilled water or what. I got my hair styled in a bun, the sides of my hair are laying down with no product on it. I am in disbelief at how well behaved my hair is and I am loving it.

HHG ladies ...

Last edited:

xu93texas

I'm two months post-BC. I'm dc'ng right now with a new conditioner, Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair deep treatment masque.

alanaturelle

Checking in, I'm GHEing overnight. Last weekend, I did a length check because I was 15 months post-BC and the bangs are right on top my lips so it's definitely growing.