***2010 MN CHALLENGE***

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I'm using the amount of NG to track my growth rate. It has been about 16 weeks since my last relaxer, and I have about 2" of NG:

ETA: This is my starting pic.

(the line of demarcation is not that strong,my relaxed hair is a bit smoother and shinier)

The white dots mark 1" on the ruler, the arrow marks the demarcation line.

So that puts me at about 1/2" a month. I'm going to use a mixture, since I'm trying to avoid potential headaches:

2% MN
MSM
B-complex
liquid amino acids
water

I'm keeping this mix in the fridge, applying every other night.

Last edited:

queen928

I would like to join please. I've been using MN with great success! I used to put on straight...no chaser but it cause too much shedding so now I mix it. I use one tube of FD 2% MN with a bottle of Sulfur Solutions Hair Serum Complex, 2-3 drops of tea tree oil, some coconut oil and some EVOO. I didn't measure the oils...just went by feel. I try to apply nightly but if I don't its applied at least 4-5 days out of the week. I'm currently in cornrows. They've only been in a week and they're lifting already. I attached a photo of my length before installing cornrows. I'll post another pic after my relaxer (2nd week of May).

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ijanei

I would like to join please. I've been using MN with great success! I used to put on straight...no chaser but it cause too much shedding so now I mix it. I use one tube of FD 2% MN with a bottle of Sulfur Solutions Hair Serum Complex, 2-3 drops of tea tree oil, some coconut oil and some EVOO. I didn't measure the oils...just went by feel. I try to apply nightly but if I don't its applied at least 4-5 days out of the week. I'm currently in cornrows. They've only been in a week and they're lifting already.

Welcome and that's how i go with my mixture (by feel)
I never tried the mn straight though

davisbr88

I'm just checking in, ok so I got a relaxer & my ends trimmed on Friday(3/26/10). I was a little disappointed with how much my stylist trimmed off my hair. Prior to my relaxer I was BSL and and after my relaxer and trim I'm still BSL.

Now I've decided to try the MN mix that a lady on here named Sade 7 used here's the link it's post #180
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=44710&page=9

Her MEGA-GROWTH MN mix consists of: MN, Capzasin-HP(cayenne pepper cream), and hydrocortisone cream. She includes her research on the post and I researched it as well and according to research these
ingredients will increase the hair growth rate.
Here's my length check after my relaxer & trim (3/26/10) and a picture of the MN mix I'm going to start using.

Do you have an update on your growth? I am thinking of using this Mega-Growth mix but wanted to know about your progress.

divastyle2010

So, yes before yall ask I am a newbie!!! hey grow I see you on this one too, my hair loving buddy!!!:lachen:anyways, I know the challenge started in march, but I have been using my mn mix every day if not every other day and would like to join.:grin: I have seen great progress(I WAS BALD, WHEN I STARTED DUE TO CHEMOTHERAPY) and the lord has blessed me with hair again and I am trying to get back to MBl. :grin: I am a cancer patient survivor now!!!! anyway thanks to mn, and mt I am swinging NL...LOL! so can i join?:drunk:

I will use it 4 or more days a week.
family dollar or dollar general brand
My mix consists of sulfur 8(half jar),Tube of mn, and Megatek

STARTING PIC IS IN MY SIGGY

Ijanei

So, yes before yall ask I am a newbie!!! hey grow I see you on this one too, my hair loving buddy!!!:lachen:anyways, I know the challenge started in march, but I have been using my mn mix every day if not every other day and would like to join.:grin: I have seen great progress(I WAS BALD, WHEN I STARTED DUE TO CHEMOTHERAPY) and the lord has blessed me with hair again and I am trying to get back to MBl. :grin: I am a cancer patient survivor now!!!! anyway thanks to mn, and mt I am swinging NL...LOL! so can i join?:drunk:

wow that's great and wonderful that you did well after ur chemo. I wish the best of luck to you on that and yuuup u can still join, i joined the beginning of april so I guess ur still good:grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Checking in. I applied my mix today after I washed and Dc'ed my hair. I think I need to come in and do this so I can stay on track.

Hey divastyle2010 :wave: I see ur a noob, welcome to the forums! congrats on your recovery and happy hair growing :)

divastyle2010

wow that's great and wonderful that you did well after ur chemo. I wish the best of luck to you on that and yuuup u can still join, i joined the beginning of april so I guess ur still good:grin:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you!!! I am happy yo have what I have on my head... now it's time for more!!!

divastyle2010

Checking in. I applied my mix today after I washed and Dc'ed my hair. I think I need to come in and do this so I can stay on track.

Hey divastyle2010 :wave: I see ur a noob, welcome to the forums! congrats on your recovery and happy hair growing :)
thank you!!! and I am on a mission GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL!!!LOL!!! BUT ANYWAY LET'S DO THIS LADIES....

Ijanei

I applied my this morning and put to small buns in my hair to give it that curled up look. Now going to do my daily french roll for these next two weeks =)

divastyle2010

ok so I washed , Deep conditioned, air dryed, and moisturized and sealed and I am back braided up for the week(under my half-wig)!!!!:grin: applied my special mn,mt,sulfur 8 mix! so it's on and popping.....:lachen:

Ijanei

ok so I washed , Deep conditioned, air dryed, and moisturized and sealed and I am back braided up for the week(under my half-wig)!!!!:grin: applied my special mn,mt,sulfur 8 mix! so it's on and popping.....:lachen:

you mix all of that together? nice. I havent gotten on the "sulfur" kick yet but I see a lot of ppl talking about it. Only thing I mix my mn with is olive oil cream, and a few drops of this indian oil. I apply that to my scalp and then use profectiv thru the rest of my hair to the ends.

divastyle2010

you mix all of that together? nice. I havent gotten on the "sulfur" kick yet but I see a lot of ppl talking about it. Only thing I mix my mn with is olive oil cream, and a few drops of this indian oil. I apply that to my scalp and then use profectiv thru the rest of my hair to the ends.
YES I DO APPLY ALL OF IT, NICE CREAMY CONSISTENCY... AND I MIX IT TILL ITS ALL A CREAMY WHITE COLOR!!! IT WORKS, I BEEN DOING IT SINCE JANUARY AND HAVE HAD TREMENDOUS GROWTH, I'M NL, BUT I WAS BALD DUE TO CHEMO!

Ijanei

YES I DO APPLY ALL OF IT, NICE CREAMY CONSISTENCY... AND I MIX IT TILL ITS ALL A CREAMY WHITE COLOR!!! IT WORKS, I BEEN DOING IT SINCE JANUARY AND HAVE HAD TREMENDOUS GROWTH, I'M NL, BUT I WAS BALD DUE TO CHEMO!

how long were u in chemo for?

I'm using the amount of NG to track my growth rate. It has been about 16 weeks since my last relaxer, and I have about 2" of NG:

ETA: This is my starting pic.

(the line of demarcation is not that strong,my relaxed hair is a bit smoother and shinier)

The white dots mark 1" on the ruler, the arrow marks the demarcation line.

So that puts me at about 1/2" a month. I'm going to use a mixture, since I'm trying to avoid potential headaches:

2% MN
MSM
B-complex
liquid amino acids
water

I'm keeping this mix in the fridge, applying every other night.

Wow, I'm 16 weeks post as well and have 2 inches of growth, I thought it wasn't enough. I see some ppl posting 2 inches in a month! It's kinda disheartening seeing those posts and I wistfully look at their hair wishing it was mine:rolleyes:
Anyway, my mix is MN+MegaTek, peppermint oil and JBCO
I've slacked with my vits :wallbash: Going to get back on it though

Attachments

• S1050197.JPG
    S1050197.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 14

divastyle2010

Wow, I'm 16 weeks post as well and have 2 inches of growth, I thought it wasn't enough. I see some ppl posting 2 inches in a month! It's kinda disheartening seeing those posts and I wistfully look at their hair wishing it was mine:rolleyes:
UR GOING TO GET THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO BE ON TOP OF YOUR REGIMEN...HHG!!!!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I had two rounds of it, I believe almost two years, or less.. I use to have mbl hair before and woke up to all my hair on my pillows, but now I am on a mission and God is good!

Girl, I LOVE your attitude! :) Let's get it!!! :yep:

I know it can be a bit disheartening, but we're gonna get there!! Remember retention is just as important as well. I am focused now :yep:

Your mixture sounds good. I'm thinking of adding cinnamon oil to my mix or applying some mixed with EVOO on days I don't use the MN.

mst1908

Do you have an update on your growth? I am thinking of using this Mega-Growth mix but wanted to know about your progress.

Yes, I'm still using the Mega-Growth mix, I'm about 5 weeks post and I have A LOT of new growth. Seriously, my roots are very wavy at this point. I must admit I'm very busy with school so for the past two weeks I've only been applying the mix 3 times a week. But I'm going to start back applying it everyday cause I'm trying to obtain 2 inches of new growth at least by my next relaxer. Consistency is the key, the mix will only work if you use it faithfully.

Maria

divastyle2010

OK........... I am just checking in.. I applied my special mn mix this morning, and moisturized and sealed my cornrows I put in yesterday, and I am bagging till I go to class @ 6 tonight:grin: how's everyone???

grow

hey Divastyle2010! yep, i'm on here, too, my hair luvin buddy!
WELCOME!!!!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

i agree with Ijanei, you are doing really well to have recovered and be back on the road to growth! very admirable!
and yes, i see no reason why you shouldn't join, you're in and it's always great to have newcomers (i'm kinda new, too) on here (especially from my hometown, lol!):grin:

i had suspended use of MN because i had been getting ready to perm soon, but now i'm back to trying to stretch just a bit more.

think i will put some MN (i use it with Mega Tek, JBCO and EVOO) on this week....:rolleyes: and perm much later.....

divastyle2010

hey Divastyle2010! yep, i'm on here, too, my hair luvin buddy!
WELCOME!!!!!!!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

i agree with Ijanei, you are doing really well to have recovered and be back on the road to growth! very admirable!
and yes, i see no reason why you shouldn't join, you're in and it's always great to have newcomers (i'm kinda new, too) on here (especially from my hometown, lol!):grin:

i had suspended use of MN because i had been getting ready to perm soon, but now i'm back to trying to stretch just a bit more.

think i will put some MN (i use it with Mega Tek, JBCO and EVOO) on this week....:rolleyes: and perm much later.....
girl that is what i'm talking about!!!!mi hair loving buddy!!! going to add you right now...(friend)i love your mix, and I am grateful to have recovered all i can say is GOD is good! I am going to keep my mix up cause it's working!!!! I'm trying to stretch my relaxer 6 months this time so that will be October 10,2010. I hope I can make it, my longest stretch sad but true was 10 weeks...

Ijanei

Soon as I go home I'm applying my mix:grin:

Hope every1 is making progress. Cant wait to see the final results