**~2012 Deep Condition Challenge Part II~**

Status
Not open for further replies.

youwillrise

rinsed my dc a little while ago. my hair feels great...still wet...so we'll see how it dries

like i said, i mixed shea moisture deep treatment masque w/ castor oil (i also added castor oil on top). my hair usually feels nice with the deep treatment masque...this is my first time mixing it with an oil, so after it dries i'll report back with how it feels. i wont moisturize until after it's dry. i thiiiiiiink it'll be good, but you cant really tell if a dc session was successful until it's dry, right? so i wont make too many assumptions right now. HOPEFULLY results will be good. :p

i sprayed diluted hydrolyzed keratin before putting the dc on which usually helps my dc's to be more successful (i have high porosity hair)

ms.mimi

I slept in my dc last night with a baggy & scarf around my head. I plan to sit under the dryer for atleast 20 minutes this afternoon, then rinse out. Hitting my roots with JBCO and seal the length of the twist with regular castor oil. I did this in twists. They seem a little fuzzy and messy but no dreads or tangles.

Ann0804

Dcing with CJ curl rehab for two hours w/o heat. This is my first time using this product and it's not as thick and creamy as the deep fix one, but it does smell better.

cynd

DCed last night with ORS Hair Mayonaisse for 20 min w/heat cap, rinsed then DCed w/Crece Pelo conditioner (love the smell of that stuff) for another 20 min w/heat cap.

Xaragua

I want in, I DC every 2 weeks. last night i dc'ed with AOGP mixed with hairveda sitrinillah and my hair loved it.

Ronnieaj

I did my Aphogee 2-step on Friday and followed that with a tea rinse, some oil, and Bask YAM condish on top. I hope they make that in a larger container soon, because it is rapidly becoming one of my favorite conditioners :yep:!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Did a protein DC with AOGPB earlier this a.m. Then followed up with a moisture DC - EN Seabuckhorn and Horsetail DC + dash of hempseed oil :lick:

Aggie

Deep conditioned today with Mizani Renew Strength Reconstructing Masque followed by KeraCare Creme Humecto conditioner.

Americka

DC'ing with Palmer's Protein Coconut Formula Conditioning Pack (heat cap 15 minutes)
Following up with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment (heat cap 30 minutes)

nubiennze

Still in it...just used up the rest of a mix (AOHSR, avocado oil, lanolin, honey, and egg) into which I mistakenly blended a whole banana. :nono: Never again...

I've only been DCing once weekly lately, which I believe I'll continue since I plan to go back to daily rinsing/moisturizing. I'm going to stick with the same mix (minus the banana chunks, of course), adding an egg once monthly post-shampoo. I really liked the results this time, but I don't want to overdo it with protein while my hair still feels out of whack from henna.

To that end, I'm going to switch my monthly henna treatments to cassia for a while, as the henna was was leaving me with hay hair--no big deal for the fine hairs in my crown, but my wiry sides were :hair:. It's also starting to tend toward that burgundy color I don't like--and only in the front. :perplexed I may still pick up a little Moroccan henna since it's supposed to tend more toward brown (I've been using Yemeni), but so far I'm leaning toward henna'ing rarely (once quarterly, max) if ever. Maybe only before braid installs.

Last edited:

amwcah

Currently steaming with Chicoro's Coconut recipe and will DC with ORS Hair Mayo.

ETA: I had to use ORS Replenishing Con as well since my hair was a little tangled. ORS RC never fails. It just melts away the tangles each time. When I introduced my sister to it a few years back, she was amazing as well. She said she had to look on the shower floor to make sure her hair didn't fallout because her hair was tangle free. :lol:

Last edited:

25Nona

If I am not to late I would like to join in here I DC with steam weekly so this will keep me honest when I start to slack.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
DCed on Friday with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat for 2.5 hours under processing cap and hat...detangled like a breeze, rinsed, and twisted my hair with California Baby Super Sensative Lotion and glycerin...sealed with vaseline...wore a super soft and defined twist out for Easter!

MystiqueBabe

halee_J Please add me to this challenge.

I just finished dc my hair with CON moisture extreme conditioner w/ heat. I have just tried "cool sealing" for the first time and my hair is very soft.

ATLcutey20

I'm about to DC under a dryer for 30 min with a mix of Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator & Aphogee 2min Reconstructor

xu93texas

I DC'd last night on dry hair using LustraSilk Shea Butter plus cholesterol. I washed and did a protein treatment followed by Redken All Soft Heavy Cream.

naturalfinally

Deep conditioning with Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor, Aubrey Organics Blue/Green Algae, Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor, Eluence Moisture Balance and Deity America Deep Penetrating conditioner. I like to balance my protein with moisture. Now I'm under heat for 30 minutes. Yummy!!!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Status
Not open for further replies.