2012 DC Challenge Part III (July 1st- Sept 30th)

AJellyCake

Yesterday I used AOGPB for 15 minutes or so. I got the rosemary peppermint one, which I'd never used before. It made my scalp nice and tingly! Then I DCed for 40 minutes or so with Oyin Honey Hemp and Hairveda Sitrinillah for a wash n go.

Buuuuut I didn't use as much gel for this wash n go (or oil), and my hair was baking outside all day. So I did an overnight dry DC with Sitrinillah again. :lick:

I :heart2: DCing!!!!! Yessssss!

naturalfinally

I know I've been MIA for a bit but......life has been happening. I can say that I've just left my hair alone until this weekend. I henna'd with some amla added to keep my curls. When I finished I had strong hair but man is it dry. Even after DCing yesterday. So today after church I am now sitting with Trader Joes NS and Elucense mixed on my hair with 2 plastic caps on. I might sleep in it since my hair is low porosity and it takes for evah to get moisture in my hair after a henna.

DominicanBrazilian82

Prepooed with AVG (scalp) and Silk Dreams VS (dry with heat), co-washed with Silk Dreams Whip My Hair, DC'ed with Proteina de Perla Silicon Mix and regular Silicon Mix together (with some honey)... Best conditioning day ever!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Arewa Girl

aphogee 2mins + olive oil bagged under drier 30 mins
tresemme moisturising conditioner + coconut cream bagged under drier 30 mins

WendellaWoody

yesterday applied protein DC on dry hair then sat under steamer for 30 mins, then did heat cap for 20 mins. left it in over night. this morning rinsed it out, and applied aloe vera juice, oil mix then sealed with moisturizing dc. will leave it in all day with hair in bun.

mschristine

Since I straightened my hair on Friday, tomorrow I'll wash and DC with Giovanni 50/50 shampoo and conditioner. Leave it on for a couple of hours, no heat and rinse in the shower before bed

Blairx0

Got a yogurt, honey , olive oil treatment on. Debating following with bananas, but it is so diffcult to rinse out

Sent from my PC36100 using LHCF

Hyacinthe

Dc wh AE garlic treatment with hemp seed oil n castor oil for 1 hr last 15 mins of session added heat

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

IronButterfly

Pre-poo overnight with Vatika oil; morning co-wash with Whip My Hair; dc-ing all day (and most likely all night) with Silk Dreams Shea What Deux!

DominicanBrazilian82

Blairx0 said:
Got a yogurt, honey , olive oil treatment on. Debating following with bananas, but it is so diffcult to rinse out

Blairx0 I want to make a yogurt, honey, shea deep conditioner... :lick: Maybe add some avocado...

What kind of yogurt are you using?

DominicanBrazilian82

So I made my own Shea Butter DC (Recipe Here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=16908703&postcount=20)

I did it as a prepoo DC, which I usually follow up with an after wash DC... there was no need. My hair was softer than I've felt it in a long time (years). I air-dried with a flexi-set that feels like a professional roller set (soft, bouncy and strong).

I also used Ms. Jessies Curly Meringue to set my hair and I'm sure this added to the healthy feel and appearance.

DC'ing has really given me back the soft and moisturized hair that I once had. I'm super excited and super inspired to continue my health, thickness and length goals.

WendellaWoody

today washed scalp with my shikakai bar, then rinsed with V05 moisture milks. Once out of the shower, I applied aloe vera juice to my hair (after towel drying by wrapping towel around my head), and then applied matrix biolage deep conditioning balm, then sat under steamer for 30 minutes. kept the dc in my hair, and will sleep with it in. hair feels AMAZING!!!

lamaria211

Going to try my Alter Ego garlic treatment tonight for the first time I'm applying it to my scalp only and using SD Vanilla Silk with oil on the length

Blairx0

Mixed some avocado with tonights yogurt, honey and olive oil dc. Same great results!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steaming Now with: Jasmine Bath & Beauty Avocado & Silk in: Monkey Snacks. I can't begin to describe how good it smells.:lick: + :drool:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Did a serious much needed DC after neglecting my hair for a week. Did a pre-treatment with coconut oil and a night treatment I finally used up under the dryer for twenty minutes. After a good shampoo wash I did a deep treatment with the Joico MR conditioner for 30 minutes. Thanks to the moisture overkill I was able to detangle my hair without much effort. :)

DominicanBrazilian82

DC'ed yesterday with AE Garlic Mask with added honey and avocado oil :). Noticed some shedding over the last week and attempting to combat. I didn't do my usual heat because I had some errands to run; however, I did put on a plastic cap, foil cap and a hat for two hours. I think I got sufficient natural heat :)