2014 Deep Condition Challenge

ILuvCurls

Hello @Nix08 :wave: Thank you for this challenge, I'm new here. My hair is natural and really needs help right now. I plan to DC 2x per week, alternating between Phytokeratine and Phytodensium (hoping that combination will give my hair a good protein/moisture balance).

About 2 days ago, I got so fed up with the extreme dryness, frizz, and flyaways that I decided to try something different. I divided clean dry hair in sections and very liberally applied EVCO plus a heat protectant. I then flat ironed small sections with 1 pass at the lowest setting (140 degrees fahrenheit) to help the oil penetrate for a deep conditioning effect. It also sealed it in. The photo below is the result. I just hope it's not damaging my hair to use heat with so much oil?

Attachments

• Hair after EVCO treatment PS2, IMG_4949.jpg
    Hair after EVCO treatment PS2, IMG_4949.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

felic1

I had the most unusal experience yesterday. I did a pre poo with coconut sorbet, and some vatika frosting. I put some ssk okra on the length and then applied a combo of sm antibreakage, md calendula, NG herbal blends, a little black vanilla smoothie and some nubian heritage bamboo mask. I went under my portable dryer for an hour on low. I washed it out with IPN cleanser with walnut, some come clean shampoo, sm moisture retention shampoo. I then did a rinse out. I had so little in my comb an during finger detangling. It was less than a tablespoon. I am pretty sold on the deep conditioning prior to cleansing. Wow!

curlyTisME

Used my L'Oreal advanced repair balm and my hair was so soft and easy to detangle. It's full of ceramides which are especially good for the hair follicle. Definitely will be using it again.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dcing with SD Avocado Pudding under Hair Therapy Wrap for 30 minutes.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Rozlewis

Dc'ing right now with Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair, Porosity Control, Avocado Oil, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil and Eucalyptus Oil.

randi415

Overnight pre poo w/ SM Purification Masque DC'n w/ Qhemets Amla & olive heavy cream. I can already tell I'm going to live this as a DC.

Lilmama1011

I deep conditioned yesterday with dove dry oil conditioner mixed with suave Rosemary mint conditioner with castor oil in it and honey

Last edited:

Duchess007

Am currently DCing with my f.a.k.e. cacao bark. It smells yummy and is nice and smooth. It feels stiffer than pudding, and not quite as airy as a soufflé. I like it but it takes a lot of work to make! Unless it blows my regular stuff out of the water, I'm going back to my usual mix. Gonna try making the YAM first tho. :look:

image-668742079.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Nothing like a hair pic to kick your butt into gear:nono:

DC'd for a few hours with oil in my roots, Aubrey chamomile on my hair with Aubrey gpb on my ends.

Did a wash with swimmers shampoo and I'll dc overnight with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose and Giovanni 50:50 over top.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
PT with Redken Extreme Strength Builder under heat cap for 45 mins. Currently, using Redken Diamond Oil conditioner just under a processing cap no heat, it's too damn hot!

Rozlewis

Dc'ing right now with SD Shea What Deux, Avocado Oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Eucalyptus Oil, and Porosity Control.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a DC overnight yesterday with the last of my Hairveda Moisture Pro. It is very similar to Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto, but this may leave my hair slightly harder. I think I prefer both as a detangling rinse out, but I would use the phyto as an overnight DC again.

naturalagain2

Used Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Condish for 30/40 secs. Rinse w/ warm water.

Then used DB Pumpkin Seed Condish. I'm currently under the dryer. I plan to DC for 20 mins.

wheezy807

I haven't been in this thread as often as I should be but I'm currently dcing with CHI Nourish Intense under a plastic cap. I might leave it in for an hour or two.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Dced with SD Razzberry Coconut Affair & Keravada Fenugreek oil under Hair Therapy Wrap for 30 minutes.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Doing an overnight dc with ayurvedic oil blend on my scalp. . Aubrey Rosa mosqueta, then a vital of matrix - biolage - cera- repair and more Aubrey Rosa mosqueta over top.