2015 APL/BSL Challenge

PlainJane

My longest layer still touches APL after my small trim this week. I will probably dust the last week of December then it's on to full APL then BSL for 2015.
I just have to stay away from the scissors!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
(So I originally posted this in the 2014 thread by mistake. :lol:)

So tried a flat twist out on blow dried hair with diluted lottabody. It came out well, except for the fact I have major shrinkage (If I just let my hair air dry I get about 80% shrinkage). Although it still came out nice. I put perm rods just on the ends and it gave my flat twist a much needed stretch at the ends.:yep: Gonna see how long I can make this last though. Trying out new things to stretch hair till wash day.

P.S. excuse the PJ's :grin:

If you retwist it at night you will get elongated stretch to your hair.

Evolving78

(So I originally posted this in the 2014 thread by mistake. :lol:) So tried a flat twist out on blow dried hair with diluted lottabody. It came out well, except for the fact I have major shrinkage (If I just let my hair air dry I get about 80% shrinkage). Although it still came out nice. I put perm rods just on the ends and it gave my flat twist a much needed stretch at the ends.:yep: Gonna see how long I can make this last though. Trying out new things to stretch hair till wash day. P.S. excuse the PJ's :grin:
I like your hair and your pj's!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Do protein heavy diets really help hair?

I did a high protein diet for a month after I had my son to help lose baby weight. I remember getting a growth spurt that month. I am normally not a big meat eater and as a result my nails are paper thin and my hair grows 1/4 inch a month.

Lately I stopped drinking alcohol ( last month), started eating 3 raw veggies a day, drinking lots of water and eating protein at each meal. As a result, my new growth is pretty thick for 3 weeks (post blowout).

Last edited:

yakuria

I'm a vegetarian. Is this why I am seeing slow growth?(I get about 1/4 inch per month). Maybe I should start making protein smoothies in the morning...

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm a vegetarian. Is this why I am seeing slow growth?(I get about 1/4 inch per month). Maybe I should start making protein smoothies in the morning...

Not sure but it wouldn't hurt to look into a hair analysis if you're not sure what the issue is. I think I get less than that lol. But I accepted my slow growth and try to use sulfur oils and inversion and protective styling to retain anything I do get.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Another slow grower here. However juicing, a regular multi and collagen tabs have noticeably bumped the growth speed. A beet juice mix really seems to get things going.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
:grin:I took out my sponge rollers and I have nice beachy waves. I was expecting more of a curl, but I really like it :yay:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1415937428454.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1415937428454.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 78

beauti

i would like to join please
Current Length: cbl
Hair: natural
Goal 1: apl Goal month: june
Goal 2: bsl Goal month: december

Current Reggie:
Prepoo w/oils night before wash day. Wash and dc 1x a week or 1x biweekly. Cowash 1x between dc week. Wear hair in wash and go updo
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL:
braids!!! Or wigs

Attachments

• natural.jpg
    natural.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 76
  • natural2.jpg
    natural2.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 74
  • natural3.jpg
    natural3.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I would like to join. My hair is APL and texlaxed . I think I'll be full Bsl by summer 2015. Not really a protective styler but right now I am in faux locs.

ForumRunner_20141114_224854.jpg

ForumRunner_20141114_224907.jpg

ForumRunner_20141114_224929.jpg

IslandMummy

Vacay box braids are done, I picked up a couple accessories to go with

Attachments

• image-2956141880.jpg
    image-2956141880.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 68

yakuria

If you retwist it at night you will get elongated stretch to your hair.
Oh!!! So I took your advice and retwisted my hair in 8 big twists instead of pinneapling and the next day my hair was stretched enough to put in a bun(A fat healthy looking bun too)!!!!! Ugh saved me so much time in the morning, you don't even know!!!!

Last edited:

PlainJane

i would like to join please Current Length: cbl Hair: natural Goal 1: apl Goal month: june Goal 2: bsl Goal month: december Current Reggie: Prepoo w/oils night before wash day. Wash and dc 1x a week or 1x biweekly. Cowash 1x between dc week. Wear hair in wash and go updo What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL: braids!!! Or wigs

Wow! How do you get all that shine??

Guinan

Re-Branding
I would like to join. My hair is APL and texlaxed . I think I'll be full Bsl by summer 2015. Not really a protective styler but right now I am in faux locs.

How r u keeping ur faux locs from sticking on the ends? I tried hair spray but it's not working that well.

Evolving78

Doing a hot oil treatment right now. Wash day is Sunday and Wed. I'm working on nourishing my hair and ends and moisturizing treatments. No need for protein until next month.

beauti

Do you do it after your DC and before your leave in?

yes. After I rinse out my dc. Oil rinsing is my last step. Even after I cowash I follow up with an oil rinse. I apply in sections then rinse with hot water followed by cool water.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Oh!!! So I took your advice and retwisted my hair in 8 big twists instead of pinneapling and the next day my hair was stretched enough to put in a bun(A fat healthy looking bun too)!!!!! Ugh saved me so much time in the morning, you don't even know!!!!

I'm glad it helped! Now where's the bun pics? Lol

Evolving78

Rinsed out my hot oil, shampooed with Mizani Milk Bath and now got some silicon mix marinating! Lol wash day is going well so far! I think I can cowash but only with HH, TJ nourish spa, and suave Shea butter and almond.

Babygrowth

Rinsed out my hot oil, shampooed with Mizani Milk Bath and now got some silicon mix marinating! Lol wash day is going well so far! I think I can cowash but only with HH, TJ nourish spa, and suave Shea butter and almond.

How is the Mizani milk bath? I was thinking about getting it for my post relaxer regimen.

beauti

i did a "steam" dc (plastic bag/hot towel method) 4hrs now, gonna wash in couple hours. I used some goodies:
mayo
Organic agave nectar (tblspn)
Glycerin (tblspn)
Oils (tblspn)
Aussie moist conditioner
Suave almond and shea conditioner
Giovanni tea tree triple treat conditioner (few squirts)

I know that's alot :look: but most of those were almost empty bottles.