2015 APL/BSL Challenge

beauti

And what does that do? I do an oil rinse before washing hair. Do you do both or only afterwards?

I prepoo overnight with a blend of oils (safflower, avocado, rice bran, sweet almond,olive) and then next day shampoo, cowash or dc. So yes I prepoo as first step and then I oil rinse as last step. (Rinse out with hot water followed by cool water). Benefits are
1) very soft hair, tangles melt away.
2) no breakage and very minimal shedding
3) shiny hair :yep:

theerotation

1. Almost APL
2. Natural
3. BSL by December 2015
4. Reggie- a work in process lol style-buns
5. I'm not entirely sure yet

COUNT ME IN!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 87

jasmyne14

I'm just taking down my braids which have been under my wig for nearly two weeks now just to remove the shed hairs and then I will braid it back up and wash my hair next week . I love the feeling of not doing my hair everyday it saves me so much time in the mornings.

curls4daze

I'm just taking down my braids which have been under my wig for nearly two weeks now just to remove the shed hairs and then I will braid it back up and wash my hair next week . I love the feeling of not doing my hair everyday it saves me so much time in the mornings.

I feel the same way. I love not having to do my hair. I wash in the braids. It is wonderful

Babygrowth

Had a great wash day. I like cowashing in cornrows but my ng is very dense and has been tangling a lot. So in order to avoid a set back I will up the detangling to each wash and move my relaxer date up.

TheNDofUO

I ended up wearing my twists wrapped under a scarf. Not the most glamorous look but i knew my twists weren't dry

Leo24Rule

Just bought some Nettle tea from Sprouts. And now I'm off to my local Indian store for some Fenugreek (Methi), Mustard Oil, and other teas. Can't wait for my new product haul!

Leo24Rule

lol you remind me of my sister. She's SUPER UBBER cheap! But she buys her some wigs. My mother strongly believes in buying wigs $14 and under. Me, I don't care just no more than $40

My family and I buy from which always have specials (Now Thanksgiving/Black Friday Sales):
* www.hairsisters.com
* www.samsbeauty.com
And try your local beauty supply stores for there may be a clearance racks

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I got some new headbands yesterday. I really like this one

Attachments

• 20141128_215741.jpg
    20141128_215741.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 48

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have no idea what material that one is, but it doesn't snag or dry out my hair so I'm good. Have u tried amazon for your scarves? Just do a search for what u want. They have everything :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
yeah I just checked and my scarf is 100% polyester...smh

Ouch!!!! I agree, just Google whatever you want and something will come up. Make sure its big enough, I think something around 30ish inches. I need another one; my only silk scarf is ripped to pieces and I have to manipulate it to tie my edges down. I wear a satin scarf for bed but need more for back ups.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Evolving78

Ouch!!!! I agree, just Google whatever you want and something will come up. Make sure its big enough, I think something around 30ish inches. I need another one; my only silk scarf is ripped to pieces and I have to manipulate it to tie my edges down. I wear a satin scarf for bed but need more for back ups. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I found a site through the search engine here. And there is a lady on my friend's list that makes them.

kupenda

Did a bantu knot out for Thanksgiving. It came out nice. But I think i used a smidge too much mousse. Will moisturize and seal today, and do a scalp massage with jar of joe

Leo24Rule

Yesterday I boiled my tea concoction of green, black, coffee, and nettle. My first time making a spritz. I just hope my experiment works and doesn't make my hair break off.

ronie

I m going to keep this short. I attempted 3 times to post my official joining intro, lolll. All 3 times the app crashed on me as I hit send. So no more long post for me
Hair stats: natural, APL, normal to hi po, fine to medium strands.
I recently flat iron and here are my starting pics

image-2390089517.jpg

Froreal3
Nothing spectacular girl as I could not style my straight hair for nothing. Next time I will get it don by a professional. The roots were still puffy, and my hair would not hold a curl. I was afraid to use a holding product to not get reversion. I used flexi rods, but I ended up with these pathetic waves, loll.