2015 APL/BSL Challenge

kupenda

Just picked up some more conditioners from Silk Dreams. So far, I've had the best experienced with her conditioners. Nothing I've gotten on the ground has come close. Which sucks cuz I truly truly TRULY hate paying shipping. Luckily, I got my items during free shipping. I got 2 mocha silk infusions (staple product), 2 shea whats (staple product) and one destination hydration (first time trying this, hoping to use it to stretch my Shea what because it's too thick normally)

PlainJane

I DCed with AOGBP and my hair did not like it. I had to rewash my hair today to fix it. I don't know what went wrong. This was my first time using the new formula but I thought the new formula was supposed to be similar. Ugh. That was a staple for me. I'll give it another chance in a few weeks.

Everything is smooth sailing over here as long as I stay away from heat for the rest of the year.

sugarbaybie

Thanks for this.
Placeholder to post pic after next wash.

HAIR Washing
1. Oil the night before

2. REMOVE hardness: Wash out setting lotion. Soak in Keracare poo over sink.
2, Exfoliate and medicate scalp: wash scalp, soak with Keracare again
3. condition1
4. condition2
3. 3 new setting products to try

Last edited:

faithVA

I just cut off the rest of my relaxed ends so now I'm finally natural. I would have made apl at the end of this month but now I'm cbl. So I'm dropping out of this challenge I don't see myself making apl this year. Will be joining the 2016 challenge when one is made.
I think you should stay and see how far you get. You may not reach it but you will be well on your way.

kupenda

So. I was going to get my hair done by a stylist for $75. I had to reschedule because I wasn't sure what my money was going to look like. When I mentioned to my neighbor that I was tired of my hair, she said she does braids. She verbally agreed to wash, blow dry, and style my hair for $50. I set an appointment for this past Sunday. So I show up Sunday and she isn't ready. She says go back home (only next door) while I make lunch for my kids and come back in 20 minutes. Ummmm ok. I give it 30 minutes, then head back. She tells me to sit in front of the tv. I asked how she would wash my hair. She said "you didn't wash it already?". Um no. You said you wold wash it. She said no, go home and wash and condition, then come back with wet hair. What?? Fine. So I wash twice and as I'm applying conditioner, she calls. I guess I took too long. She said am I gonna be ready soon because she has someplace to be. -___- really?!?!?!? So I asked to reschedule because at this point it's ridiculous. First, I'm not giving you $50 for a blow dry and simple braids (I only wanted two milkmaid braids, tucked under) when originally you were going to wash and condition as well. That's a big deal. I don't want to have to do my hair at all. I wouldn't have agreed to the deal beforehand if she mentioned her unwillingness to wash and condition my hair.
Second, you've sent me back home twice now. And now you're going to rush me? Nah. I'll be ok. My family thinks I should let her do my hair to foster positive relationships with her. But I don't see how letting her get over on me will give me the warm fuzzies. So no, sorry neighbor. I don't make enough money to pay for positive relationships despite my own happiness. Sorry

faithVA

So. I was going to get my hair done by a stylist for $75. I had to reschedule because I wasn't sure what my money was going to look like. When I mentioned to my neighbor that I was tired of my hair, she said she does braids. She verbally agreed to wash, blow dry, and style my hair for $50. I set an appointment for this past Sunday. So I show up Sunday and she isn't ready. She says go back home (only next door) while I make lunch for my kids and come back in 20 minutes. Ummmm ok. I give it 30 minutes, then head back. She tells me to sit in front of the tv. I asked how she would wash my hair. She said "you didn't wash it already?". Um no. You said you wold wash it. She said no, go home and wash and condition, then come back with wet hair. What?? Fine. So I wash twice and as I'm applying conditioner, she calls. I guess I took too long. She said am I gonna be ready soon because she has someplace to be. -___- really?!?!?!? So I asked to reschedule because at this point it's ridiculous. First, I'm not giving you $50 for a blow dry and simple braids (I only wanted two milkmaid braids, tucked under) when originally you were going to wash and condition as well. That's a big deal. I don't want to have to do my hair at all. I wouldn't have agreed to the deal beforehand if she mentioned her unwillingness to wash and condition my hair.
Second, you've sent me back home twice now. And now you're going to rush me? Nah. I'll be ok. My family thinks I should let her do my hair to foster positive relationships with her. But I don't see how letting her get over on me will give me the warm fuzzies. So no, sorry neighbor. I don't make enough money to pay for positive relationships despite my own happiness. Sorry
Don't let that woman in your head. Stay for away. She has given you every warning sign that it will not work out for you.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I exfoliated my scalp for the first time last night. I used Ion Scalp Therapy. I give it 3/5 stars because the tube exploded and the granules were extremely hard to rinse out. Sure my scalp feels great and my hair is soft...but there are still tiny chunks of salt in my hair :(

Next time I will make my own scalp exfoliator with salt and garlic conditioner.

faithVA

I exfoliated my scalp for the first time last night. I used Ion Scalp Therapy. I give it 3/5 stars because the tube exploded and the granules were extremely hard to rinse out. Sure my scalp feels great and my hair is soft...but there are still tiny chunks of salt in my hair :(

Next time I will make my own scalp exfoliator with salt and garlic conditioner.
That's a good idea. I saw a skin extoliator recipe using coffee, avg and olive oil. Perhaps i will give that a try.

PlainJane

I had a work event last night and I battled all day whether to straighten my hair or not and I did NOT! I did a braided updo instead. If you know me, that's a major breakthrough from my heat addiction lol. Heat is always my go to style for special occasions. I'm hoping to make it to December without using direct heat.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
@HairPleezeGrow I love that color. I'm so excited about doing my Shocking Blue next week. It'll be my first time using Manic Panic. Have you used that brand?
Thank you and no I don't like manic panic bc it washes away too easily. For my blue hair I used this brand
46201501850.jpg
and it took really well and hasn't washed away at all. Or you can try an Adore blue which I've heard is gorgeous and when the color fades if you decide not to keep up with the color it fades into a beautiful light purple. I may get Adore blue and go over my blue I already have just for that affect.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I haven't tried Ion color, but I have used Adore in the past. It makes my hair really hard and dry like protein overload.

I may use Ion if the color fades too quickly.
Let me know if you try it out and how you like the ion. Didn't know this about the adore but I don't color my own hair only my wigs. So far so good with my purple in adore but I'd love to see what you decide.