2015 Hair Goals

Lita

I cut my classic length hair to mid-back & I don't like the way it's growing out,so I'm going to cut it again to brastrap & have a clean slate.
Will stick with Ayurveda treatments & products that work for my hair scalp...

Goal-Healthy full waist length hair,that I will maintain at waist...I enjoyed having hair that I could sit on,but it was up in a bun 95% of the time,at waist length I had all kinds of crazy styles.. Either way,plan to keep it hair healthy & happy...

Happy Hair Growing!

naija24

My 2015 goals:

---big chop in January at 3 inches
---APL natural by December (5 inches of needed growth)
---dye my hair honey blonde
---learn to straighten my natural hair at home
---learn to cornrow

sweetpea7

- Grow out my heat damage (3 inches)
- Learn how to flat twist
- put my hair into a ponytail

Im excited for 2015!

missyrayne19

For 2015, these are my hair goals:

• Either maintain full BSL (be there in about a few months, just grazing right now) and let my layers grow out OR grow to my ultimate goal of MBL then do a blunt cut back to BSL. Layers should be gone or almost gone by then if I choose option 2. But I don’t know yet which one I want to do
• Try flexi rods. I’ve been eyeing these suckers for a long, long time. Figure my hair’s finally at a length where I’d be comfortable attempting styles with them
• Upgrade to a new dryer. Love my current one but the longer my hair gets, the longer it takes to dry for roller sets. 2+ hours just isn’t fun :nono:
• Enjoy my hair! I am FINALLY getting to a length where I never, ever dreamed my hair could be. You best believe by the summer (‘cause I never, ever wear my hair out during winter, waaaay too dry for it) I will be enjoying the fruits of my hard work thank you very much :yep:
• Continue to stick with my regimen. It’s gotten me great results thus far. As the saying goes, if it ain’t broke, why fix it?
• Find something to moisturize my new growth with. I’ve been on the search for the perfect moisturizer for YEARS and have yet to find anything. My new growth is just so dang pickyyyyy

ckisland

My main goals is to rekindle the adoration I used to have for my hair. I've just realized how unsatisfied I've been with this new head of hair when I should be thankful for what I have :yep:. I've used more heat on my hair in the past 9 months than I did in all of the first 3 years I was natural :blush:. I somehow fell into the short hair mindset (remember that thread from back in the day), and forgot the bigger picture. I want to grow my hair long, loooooongggg :lol:!!

Goals 2015:

Eat clean, lose weight, and exercise regularly for overall health :yep:
Go back to natural hair products
Keep up weekly cleanse and DC's
Go back to wash n'gos being the go to style, redoing every 3-4 days
Take pictures every month and keep up with some kind of hair journey diary
Stick with No Cutting Challenge (so far so good)
Reach APL by December :yay:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
We need to bump this thread every 3 months or so to make sure we stay on top of our 2015 goals. Y'all down for that? Just a "check in" or "where are you" in terms of reaching your goals. Prettymetty What do you think? I can subscribe to it and set a reminder to bump it

lenu80

Take care of my hair as I should. More steaming, less manipulation and increase intake of vitamins & juicing.

wheezy807

^^^Me, too. Taking care of my hair as if I should always have been. Being consistent is a majority of my problem. Trying to poo/DC at least once a week. Avoiding band wagons and length goal deadlines as I've been doing. Just embracing my natural hair.

imaginary

Here's my list in random order:

-I want to fine tune my hair regimen to the point that it's smooth sailing.
-stop being so focussed on length checks and and stressing myself out when I don't meet a goal
- even though I'm not going to focus a lot on length, I'm still going to work on getting my short front layers to catch up with my back layers.
-improve my twisting and braiding skills so i have more options for styles
-try a wash and go for the first time
-participate on the boards more

Naphy

For 2015, I really want to :

- Reach APL with my natural hair
- Press my hair to impress ;)
- Try more protective styles (braids, wigs with bangs, short, long, curly)
- Be more active on LHCF (it will be my 9th year anniversary :look: !)

Tonto

For 2015, I want to reach BSL by my birthday (May 30th) and straighten it to show my length. To be able to do so, I will stay in protective style for a long period of time; I mean staying in protective styles. I need to find some nice head scarves for these temperatures below 0...
I also want my hair to be heavier so it will fall on my shoulder (well length needs to come first)
Also, I will go back to hennaeing my hair -is it even a verb? loll because when I hennaed constantly, my hair did not have a lot of issues and was very easy to manage so I need a cure of henna in my life!!!

Fotchygirl

Let's see, I am easy to please so anything longer than SL is welcome. My plan is to continue learning my hair and stop obsessing over it so much!
Drink more water, eat more fruits and veges and hide my hair.

nerdography

My hair goal for 2015:

-Get my ends professional trimmed
-Wash hair weekly instead of bi weekly
-Stick to my regimen
-Perfect french braids and cornrows

jbwphoto1

In 2015 my goal is to maintain healthy hair and achieve longer hair. my length goal is MBL;currently at a a healthy APL. What i plan on doing is to continue my current regimen of washing every 2wks, DC every 2 wks, protein when needed or 1x monthly, apply leave-ins, heat protectant and straighten. I'm natural ,so when my hair is straight i retain length better. i tension blow dry then use one pass to straighten with flat iron. I moisturize and seal every other day. I wear my hair down for the first 3 days then it's in a bun until wash day.

TeeSGee, what are you using for a heat protectant?

jbwphoto1

I've only seen Manetabolism mentioned here on the forums and interested as to know what sets this pill a part from the rest of the hair growth pills on the market? Same goes for the NJoy's sulfur oil mix. Just looked it up. As I'm looking for a good oil what have you noticed with you hair with continued use of this product? And what modified version are you using of this oil?

Leo24Rule, I can normally not go more than 4/5 days before I think I need to wash my hair because my scalp starts to itch, but with NJoy's sulfur oil mix on my scalp, I can make it another couple of days. This helps stop my crown breakage from itching. Not sure how much growth it adds because I also take biotin and bamboo silica.

Tried making my own sulfur oil mix years ago. Surprised I still had any hair. I finally threw out the sulfur and just mixed the other ingredients in with other products.

Evolving78

Moisturizing and sealing my ends while in cornrows
Growing at least 4 inches in the crown
Drinking more water
Sticking to products and Reggie that works for a year.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I want to reach MBL by mid-late Spring and possibly WL by late next year. I also will be improving my diet (more protein, water, fruits and vegetables)

Last edited:

Mmfood

Maintain moisture
regular oil rinsing
Attentive to trimming needs
rarely use heat
consistency
Keep it simple/be patient

mshoneyfly

-Do more tea rinses for shedding
-Wig it until April
-Keep hair stretched with 2 flat twists to avoid tangles
-keep hair hydrated to avoid breakage
-nail down staple products

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Royalq

figure out staples
be consistent
retain moisture
reduce shedding
keep ends good
reach MBL

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm probably making an unrealistic goal but I REALLY want to get to BSL by the end of next yr. For a more realistic goal I want to continue doing the MHM and be more gentle when detangling.

FoxxyLocs

I'm at my goal length finally. My only goal for next year is not to mess up the progress I've made. I'm not making any changes to my regimen.

anoriginalpyt

achieve waist length
plan, wigs (i've found my staple style) and spraying with a leave in and oil daily. gonna try and use dry shampoos to clean my scalp, i lose too much hair when i actually get my hair wet

EnExitStageLeft

-Achieve full BSL with thick luscious ends.
-Trim regularly
-Be Consistent w/ vitamins
-Drink at least 50-64 oz. of water a day (this is going to be a hard one for me :()
-Continue to workout at least 2-3 times a week (my overall health needs to be on point for optimal hair growth.)
-Perfect my wigging regimen.
-Grow in my widows peak (family trait, but I want to break the cycle)

Last edited:

claud-uk

I only have a couple of goals but I haven't been able to reach them in almost 3 years - achieving them would put me on cruise mode I believe:

• Find the cause of and eliminate my split ends, they are plaguing me

This is a long-term setback, it's costing me at least 3" a year and I don't know what the reason is. Maybe achieving the following mini-goals will deal with the problem:

- Find out my porosity
- What is the overall density of my individual strands
- Which ingredients my hair def. likes/dislikes

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
We are almost done with the first quarter of the year. How is everyone doing?

I started a Kerastase regimen and my hair loves it :yay: I've been wearing celies under a half wig for a month or so. My hair needed a break from heat.