2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

EthansMama

Just checking in - I'm under a synthetic lace front wig that looks EXACTLY like my straight hair and it's my ideal length: grazing HL, with WL front. Seeing it on my head makes me feel like I MAY make it there one day. I also treated myself to way too many hair products today at Target, I got:

-Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea leave-in conditioner
-Shea Moisture Manuka oil hydration masque
-Aphogee keratin & green tea restructurizer (this is a re-purchase)
-Camille Rose Coconut Water deep penetrating treatment
-Eden Bodyworks coconut and Shea curl defining creme

I'm looking for my holy grail moisturizing DC and styler. I already love the Aphogee spray for light protein throughout the week.

I'm currently in 6 Celie braids under my wig with a little bit of leave-out, hoping I can keep up this wig routine through the end of March.
Please share what you think of the Camille Rose and Eden Bodyworks products. I tried the CR moisture milk on some of my plaits under my crotchets and NEVER had hair that soft from a moisturizer!

Daina

Please share what you think of the Camille Rose and Eden Bodyworks products. I tried the CR moisture milk on some of my plaits under my crotchets and NEVER had hair that soft from a moisturizer!

@EthansMama, I recently started using the Camille Rose moisture butter and I love it! Leaves my hair super soft, and when I use along with avocado oil helps to keep my hair moisturized. I am definitely going to try more of the products in this line.

beauti

So I did cowash last night but I really need to clarify. My products didn't take as well. That won't happen until Friday or Saturday though.
Oh and I did a quick pull test. I'm thinking I'm BSB but won't really know until I straighten sometime in the spring

2016-02-09 15.07.46.jpg

Last edited:

trclemons

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin & HE Hello Hydration Conditioners.

I will let my hair air dry for a couple more hours and LOCB'd with L = Carol's Daughter Monoi, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Kreyol Essence Orange HBCO on edges, C = Carefree Curls Gold, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going to section my hair and braid it tonight so that I can do my Nioxin scalp treatment in the morning. Then I will shampoo and dc with Kerastase Oleo Relax and blowdry with my comb attachment. If it's a fail then I will just wear a wig until I get my hair done again. If it looks nice I'll post pics :)

Eta I put Biotera weightless shine mask on my hair (except roots) as an overnight prepoo. I'm looking forward to doing my hair tomorrow.

Last edited:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-

I will definitely let you know on the CR products - I LOVE Eden Bodyworks coconut and Shea line. I use the deep conditioner, oil and moisturizer now and they work very well.

I lost my wig y'all...don't ask me how, I just did LMAO so I'm wearing a twisted up do until I replace it. Tonight I used my sulphur mix and I'm sleeping with a shower cap to do the GHE method and try and use some of this body heat to activate this stuff lol

My hair is soooooo sparse on the sides and front I hate it! I hate looking at it, I'll be glad to slap another wig on it so I can forget about it for awhile (while still taking care of it, of course)

Mjon912

Just did my texlax at 13 weeks post, going to leave the cholesterol and oil deep conditioner in my hair probably until tomorrow or Friday night, rinse out, rollerset and sit under the dryer. I'm hoping to make apl by August and bsl by December.
I found the picture I took in January of this year, after my terrible impulsive cut... I'm so mad at myselfimage.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Just did my texlax at 13 weeks post, going to leave the cholesterol and oil deep conditioner in my hair probably until tomorrow or Friday night, rinse out, rollerset and sit under the dryer. I'm hoping to make apl by August and bsl by December.
I found the picture I took in January of this year, after my terrible impulsive cut... I'm so mad at myselfView attachment 350953
How much did you cut?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So my lazy butt decided to run a million errands instead of doing my scalp treatment, wash and dc. I guess I'll do it tomorrow. I bought a really cute wig today while I was out and about. I don't plan on straightening my hair again until after Spring Break. I hope my wig lasts that long...

Caramel74

Figured out something so I don't have wet hair all day in the freezing weather when I have to work in the morning and rather sleep then air dry my curls for over an hour.
:coffee:
Took out the edges, used heat protectant, flatironed them with the rest first in a braid then flipped over the end into bun. I can't wait to conditioner wash it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 10 Feb 16.jpg
    10 Feb 16.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

fifigirl

Are your braids with only your hair or added hair... I'm going to braid in a few weeks with only my hair, looks for any tips/advice
I am totally in love with braiding with my own hair no extensions now. My hair is way easier to moisturise and take care of....washing prepooing, inversions, massaging scalp et al is such a breeze ......and my ends are loving it as well. I'm thinking of redoing them every 2 /3 weeks

fifigirl

@Nightingale @fifigirl I want to do my own hair only also. I did regular cornrows right after Christmas and my scalp itched so bad I took them out after a few days, usually my scalp never itches...Do y'all have issue with itchy scalp?
I had an issue with itching scalp once but realised it was my scalp reacting to the Colora henna i had used. Does it usually happen to you? Or was this the first time doing cornrows that it itched? It may be the ingredients in the products you are using

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
@Nightingale @fifigirl I want to do my own hair only also. I did regular cornrows right after Christmas and my scalp itched so bad I took them out after a few days, usually my scalp never itches...Do y'all have issue with itchy scalp?

I haven't experienced itchy scalp, but I use Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo weekly and I avoid putting product on my scalp. For me, product build up causes itchiness and even allergic reactions.

Daina

Thanks @Daina. I love the versatility of wigs and the fact that I can access my hair daily. I used to do sew ins, but wigs are much easier. How are you wearing your hair now?

@Prettymetty, I alternate between braid/twist outs or pinned up two-strand twists. I also recently started bunning more often even though my hubby is not a fan of buns really. I told him the other day he better learn to like buns or I'm buying a wig and he said absolutely no wigs!

I've been doing well with the no heat from flat ironing. I've stopped doing WNG's right now because its just too cold and it was making my hair tangle with SSK's too much. I've also noticed my hair tangles less when I lightly blow dry on cool before a braid or twist out. I won't be straightening my hair again until the length check-ins for the challenges here in March.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Hey everyone! Just and update...I've been crazy busy at work, prepping for a large client event. Last night I co-washed with a Renpure condish I brought last year (forget the name) and then I sprayed aphogee keratin, used Eden Bodyworks Shea & Coconut oil and air dried in my sleep. Tonight I'm in 8-10 large twists, with my sulphur mix, under a shower cap for GHE.

Going to look for a new wig this weekend - I really love how easy wigs are right now and the protection for my hair during this super cold winter.

Mjon912

@fifigirl @Nightingale that's so weird, I rotate my products but use the same things, no color and I wash once a week, don't use sulfate free shampoo so I'm not worried about product build up, I wear box braids with only my hair in the summer but haven't had cornrows in years... Idk, I guess I will try again. I don't know what I could have done wrong. Thanks for the chit chat ladies =)