2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Mjon912

Just wanted to check in since I have been MIA. I took my braids out that I was planning on keeping in until September. It was too much with us constantly being at the pool/river/beach now that it's summer so I have just been do washing and air drying which I actually LOVE! When I was natural I hated washing because of all of the tangles but since I'm texlaxed it's so easy.
I haven't done a length check and probably won't straighten my hair until my birthday in September but I did do a touch up on the 4th of July. Before that I did a touch up in the beginning of May and straightened and had about an inch and a half to 2 inches to APL.

Happy Hair Growing Ladies =)

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd my twists for 30 minutes under the heat cap with Neutrogena Clean Normalizing Conditioner & CW'd it out.
  • 80% R/O of SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCO'd with L = Ion Repair Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew & O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length & Keravada Green Tea on scalp.

iVR

@iVR

Have you tried the Wetline Xtreme Professional (extra hold) gel? It is really a great gel. In fact there is a thread on this gel that very active and we have tons of pics in there as well. It's here https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/what-kind-of-voodoo-is-in-wetline-gel.793309/

Also it's very cheap and it doesn't leave any flakes at all. I think you'll like it a lot.

Flaking hasn't been an issue for me and crunchy hair can be fixed with oil. I do mind having the puff frizz curl after the second day. I have multiple types of curls on my head and some gels don't work for all my curls. Unfortunately Wetline is one of those gels.

Aggie

Flaking hasn't been an issue for me and crunchy hair can be fixed with oil. I do mind having the puff frizz curl after the second day. I have multiple types of curls on my head and some gels don't work for all my curls. Unfortunately Wetline is one of those gels.
Oh dear. I hope you find the right gel for your hair.

Aggie

I've been diligently keeping my hair moisturized daily, wash day is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I ended up putting off washday...again. Oh well. I'll do it Sunday. I moisturized my ends with water and Extraordinary oil cream. I massaged my scalp with sulfur oil and inverted for a few minutes. I have been really consistent with my scalp massages. Hopefully I see some kind of progress on wash day.

Aggie

Prepooing with Aloe Vera Juice/WGO/Biolage Conditioning Balm Combo.
Shampooing with Macadamia Natural Oil Weightless Moisture Shampoo
Deep Conditioning with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Protein and Moisture Conditioners.
Leave in - Naturelle Grow Soft & Silky Leave-in conditioner.

Sealing with CRN Coconut Water Style Setter/Hemp Oil Combo (I whipped these two together and added some glycerin and it is perfect for my hair now). Before, it was just too thick. The Style Setter is probably not going on my repurchase list because it didn't wow me, well not yet anyway.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair today and did a diyer steam treatment with Cristalliste and Therapiste. My scalp feels great and I'm looking forward to straightening my hair later.

ajargon02

Have you tried the camilla rose gel or the kinky curly gel? Both work great for me. They are even better with a leave-in under it.

Rozlewis

I have not checked in for along time. I just did a touch up and flat ironed last week. I am BSL now but keep my hair in a loose bun 90% of the time. I will keep doing much of the same to my hair.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd my twists for 30 minutes under the heat cap with Neutrogena Clean Normalizing Conditioner & CW'd it out.
  • 80% R/O of SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCO'd with L = Ion Repair Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew & O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length & Keravada Green Tea on scalp.

• Pre-poo'd for 45 minutes under the heat cap with Neutrogena Clean Normalizing & Zero % Conditioners.
  • CW'd with Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter.
  • 80% R/O with SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Reparative Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze, B = Hairitage Hydration Horsetail on scalp & Siamese Twist Vanilla ButterCreme on ends.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & EVCO.
  • DC'd with mix of Blue Roze Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul & Kachi Kapur Ayurvedic Powder under heat cap for an hour.
  • Poo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth Repair, 80% R/O of ACV & SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd: L = Ion Reparative Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze, B = Hairitage Hydration Horsetail Butter on scalp & Siamese Twist Vanilla ButterCreme on ends.

beauti

Hi ladies. I've been washing my hair every week. Yesterday I prepooed followed by a dc with Shea moisture manuka honey. I then shampooed with loreal extraordinary oil shampoo and cowashed with suave almond shea, and left a little of that in my hair. On damp hair I moisturized with Cantu moisturizing curl cream which I really like. My hair is very soft.