2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltown

Greyland
Used ayurveda from hennasooq great ingredient but i put softening conditioner over so don't know the effects but will try again.
ingredient: organic cassia obovata, organic amla, organic neem, organic aloe vera, organic tulsi, brahmi, bhringraj, shikakai

claud-uk

Used ayurveda from hennasooq great ingredient but i put softening conditioner over so don't know the effects but will try again.
ingredient: organic cassia obovata, organic amla, organic neem, organic aloe vera, organic tulsi, brahmi, bhringraj, shikakai

That does sound delicious IDT! @Ltown does that come in powder form or liquid?

LADIES - I did my first two-step henna/indigo last weekend. I let the henna sit for 6 hours, added wheatgerm oil and avocado oils and applied. It went on SO smoothly, just glid(?) over my hair, it was an amazing experience. Rinsed after 3 hours, my hair was Bright Orange Pink lol!

I then mixed indigo and applied pretty much immediately. That was HORRIFIC! No matter how much water I used the mixture was dry crumbly and really difficult to apply, large lumps dropping everywhere... end result is that the front of my hair is near black and the back is red. I want black hair. I have lots of henna, indigo, cassia, amla. I'm happy to henna again but I can't go through indigo'ing again but I want the effects. Can I henna then dye my hair black with Bigen or something? Can I brew the indigo like tea rather than a paste and saturate my hair overnight under saran? All and any suggestions please!

@IDareT'sHair

claud-uk

Yesterday I cleansed with Teressentials Hair Wash in Cool Mint. I'm just about out of this, so it's back to DIY clay masks. After the clay I sprayed my scalp with a mix of green tea, spirulina, and chlorella. Spirulina in my smoothies caused a growth spurt over the Fall, so I'm wondering if applying nutrients directly to my scalp will help my follicles. Among other things, Spirulina and Chlorella contain biotin.

Afterwards I finished w/KCKT and KCCC.

@nothidden - can you tell me more about your diy clay masks? What you use, what for, how often, also are you hi/lo po? TVM! And nice idea about a pot purely for tea, I bought one myself today.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@claud-uk

Sounds like your Indigo is old = (dry & crumbly). Once you have the Henna stain, you can put Indigo right on top of it w/o Henna'ing again.

No need to re-apply Henna once you have the stain.

I'd stick to Indigo (instead of trying Bigen etc....) as you know Henna must be grown out or chopped out.

Ltown

Greyland
That does sound delicious IDT! @Ltown does that come in powder form or liquid?

LADIES - I did my first two-step henna/indigo last weekend. I let the henna sit for 6 hours, added wheatgerm oil and avocado oils and applied. It went on SO smoothly, just glid(?) over my hair, it was an amazing experience. Rinsed after 3 hours, my hair was Bright Orange Pink lol!

I then mixed indigo and applied pretty much immediately. That was HORRIFIC! No matter how much water I used the mixture was dry crumbly and really difficult to apply, large lumps dropping everywhere... end result is that the front of my hair is near black and the back is red. I want black hair. I have lots of henna, indigo, cassia, amla. I'm happy to henna again but I can't go through indigo'ing again but I want the effects. Can I henna then dye my hair black with Bigen or something? Can I brew the indigo like tea rather than a paste and saturate my hair overnight under saran? All and any suggestions please!

@IDareT'sHair
it came in powder form from hennasooq.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Did a tea rinse with burdock root, horsetail, and saw palmetto. Washed with Bobeam's Cocoa & Rhassoul bar. Used Claudie's Tea Spritz as a leave in.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
@nothidden - can you tell me more about your diy clay masks? What you use, what for, how often, also are you hi/lo po? TVM! And nice idea about a pot purely for tea, I bought one myself today.
Thanks. If you're not already using green tea, be ready for a dramatic decrease in shedding. I cannot believe doing something so simple has made such a big difference.

Anyway, I believe my hair falls between low and normal porosity, though I haven't done any 'testing' or had a hair analysis. I think my crown and areas in the back are still low (takes a long time to become saturated), but I believe everywhere else has improved to normal porosity.

I have a 5 lb bag of sodium bentonite clay from bulkapothecary.com (killer cheap!). I add enough to coconut water so that it's really creamy. Sometimes I add raw honey, but most of the time I don't. Also, I sometimes warm it before application. I use it for cleansing and curl definition. Sodium is much more conditioning than the calcium version, but I never had a problem w/the calcium version. I 'clay' usually on Sundays.

claud-uk

Thank you @nothidden - I'm going to "clay" myself this coming wash day!!! One last question, sorry, do you use Coconut Water alone (like that comes in the carton), or Coconut Cream (in the tin, that has creamy stuff at the top and the water at the bottom until you shake it up)? I won't do anything until I hear back!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Thank you @nothidden - I'm going to "clay" myself this coming wash day!!! One last question, sorry, do you use Coconut Water alone (like that comes in the carton), or Coconut Cream (in the tin, that has creamy stuff at the top and the water at the bottom until you shake it up)? I won't do anything until I hear back!
No problem. I use the water that comes in a carton. Also, if there is any leftover, I put it in the fridge. It will spoil if you leave it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.