~~~2016 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge~~~

Aggie

I texlaxed my hair today at 41 weeks post finally. It was so soft last month and all of a sudden, the new growth just went crazy. I wonder if it had anything to do with the inversions I did in December, January and February? Hmm!

Anyway, I used Affirm Fiberguard mild lye relaxer mixed with sunflower oil, Keracare Restorative Mask and some Chi silk infusion serum. I used Affirm Sustenance treatment as my 5 minute protein treatment followed with my Affirm normalizing poo and French Perm Stabilizer Plus.

I mixed a little of the Keracare Restorative Mask with Mizani Moisturefuse as my deep treatment for 20 minutes. Redken Anti snap as my leave-in.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Under Dryer 20 minutes: Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair
Under Steamer 60 minutes: Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (Banana Pudding) mixed with Jakeala's Dope DC'er

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used a new shampoo today (Ion Healthy Scalp) and I did a dc with Lait vital (moisture) on my roots and Therapiste (protein) on my ends. Idk if it was the new shampoo or the dc, but my hair is super soft. Detangling was easy too. I got my hair detangled, moisturized and braided in half the time it normally takes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
DC'ing/Steaming with;
Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Red Raspberry DC'er mixed with Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (Banana Pudding).

trclemons

For CoWash Saturday, I pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ mix and Spectrum coconut oil on the ends and applied Shea Moisture Manuka DC and went under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.

trclemons

I prepoo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz & coconut oil. Then, I DC'd with Mane Choice Green Tea & Carrots under my heat cap for a little over 1 hour.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Deep Conditioned with:
Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (Mango) mixed with Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Red Raspberry Deep Conditioner

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Used my new Elucence shampoo for clarifying, then DC with JBCO on ends first, Megatek mixed with SAA, Vatika JBCO and a few drops of neutral protein filler.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Under Dryer 20 minutes: Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair
Under Steamer 40 minutes: Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang mixed with AV's Red Raspberry DC'er.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Under Dryer: Cathy Howse UBH (20 minutes)
Under Steamer: Jakeala Sweet Honey Hair Thang mixed with Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Red Raspberry DC'er (40-60 minutes)

Janet'

Can I join? Below are the deets:

1. What product(s) did you use? I use Shea Moisture's Deep Conditioning Masque and add Grapeseed oil

2. How long did you DC for? I DC weekly for 30 minutes

3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc) Steamer

4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond? So far, so great. Shedding is minimal. My colored hair seems to be thanking me!