~~~2016 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge~~~

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Prepoo with Chicoro's Protein Pre-poo. Have to make less next time.

Have to pick a moisturizing conditioner to follow up with. I picked Kinks by Nature's ultra moisturizing cocoaloe deep conditioner. Will mix with Vatika.
How was the bolded? Mini review please

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
How was the bolded? Mini review please

So, here's my review of Chicoro's Protein Pre-poo

It's easy to make. Really took just a couple of minutes. I don't need the full recipe, so I will adjust the proportions to match my needs in the future. I added EOs to the mix though and will add silk amino acids next time too.

My hair loves protein, so this was an easy winner for me. My hair felt soft but strong. It rinsed out easily and shampooed easily as well. I will definitely keep this on a monthly rotation for this year because I want to see results over time.

Notes:
1). Do not even think about subbing aloe vera JUICE into this. Definitely use aloe vera GEL because it's already a loose mixture as is.

2). Apply to dry hair as directed.

3). I didn't even try to add coconut oil during the last ten minutes because I had a collection of "juice" in my cap. But, I had heavily added JBCO to my hair earlier in the evening, so figured that worked just as well.

4) I know she suggested Jo Mar Labs products but I used the brands found at Vitamin Shoppe for this test run. They were a fraction of the price but I will definitely invest in the more expensive products for all future usage since now I know how many hair reacts to this.

I will list this as a hit for February and try it again March.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Nexxus Emergencee - Under Dryer 20 minutes
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment - Under Dryer 20 minutes
Jasmine Hibiscus mixed with Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang - Under Steamer 40-60 minutes

theRaven

Sunday deep conditioned with my last bits of Organics Hair Mayonnaise for two hours under my heating cap. Then I conditioned with L'Oreal Total 5 Damage Erasing Balm for about 30 minutes.

trclemons

Today was CoWash Saturday and I pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz. This morning, I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus Sage and Tropical Carrots & Coconut DCs and went under my heat cap for 1 hour.

L.Brown1114

Hey ladies! Quick question. I plan on buying a steamer eventually and I was going to buy another LCL beauty one but I keep seeing that it's garbage. I didn't have mine long enough to proerly rebuttal. It was very durable though with hard plastic which I liked

I also bought a huetiful (sp?) after that and sent it back right away. It didn't adjust, the plastic was thin and flimsy and too cheap feeling for the price and there was something else I can't remember. All I see is this thing getting awards.

Is this steamer better and I just got a bad one? Or is it over rated?

wheezy807

I'm dcing currently with Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque under two plastic caps. I plan to keep it in for an hr and an half while I watch tv. This DC is sooo soft, buttery and creamy. I'm sure my hair will respond well hydrated and soft.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Hey ladies! Quick question. I plan on buying a steamer eventually and I was going to buy another LCL beauty one but I keep seeing that it's garbage. I didn't have mine long enough to proerly rebuttal. It was very durable though with hard plastic which I liked

I also bought a huetiful (sp?) after that and sent it back right away. It didn't adjust, the plastic was thin and flimsy and too cheap feeling for the price and there was something else I can't remember. All I see is this thing getting awards.

Is this steamer better and I just got a bad one? Or is it over rated?

I got the cheapie from Amazon for $99 six years ago.

CodeRed

Steamed in 3 Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment

Unsure if I like this treatment or not... my hair felt mad stiff after I put it in but I put on my regular detangler and blow dried and now my hair is really soft... Will check it out tomorrow.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Dryer with: Cathy Howse UBH 20 minutes

Steaming with: Jasmine's Hibiscus mixed with Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang

Last edited: