2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Aggie

Finally getting my wash on today:

Prepooing
with my CPGO (Curly Proverbz Growth Oil) on my scalp and aloe vera juice and grapeseed oil on my strands
Shampooing with Bask & Bloom Gentle Herbal Shampoo
Deep Conditioning with Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner
Leave-in Bekura Honey Late

Aggie

Currently giving myself a henna treatment for 2.5 to 3 hours. I have church tonight - Babbie Mason will be giving a concert at my church so i have to finish this hair quickly today.

I will be deep conditioning with MOBO Mint Deep Conditioner and NG Vanilla Fig Moisturizing Deep Conditioner.

Aggie

Currently giving myself a henna treatment for 2.5 to 3 hours. I have church tonight - Babbie Mason will be giving a concert at my church so i have to finish this hair quickly today.

I will be deep conditioning with MOBO Mint Deep Conditioner and NG Vanilla Fig Moisturizing Deep Conditioner.
I'm only doing henna glosses from now on. This was one of the best henna days I've ever had. I mixed my Nupur henna with Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage DC today with some Ayurveda Hair Oil and it has my hair soooooo soft and sleek. It's amazing. No more straight henna for me.

Aggie

How was the Color Deposit? @Aggie
@IDareT'sHair

One of the best I've had in a long time I have to say. I will always do henna glosses moving forward. Not only was the color deposit very good, but the whole process was super easy.

I currently have indigo on my hair right now and will be washing it out in about 45 minutes since I have to go to work for 11:30 this morning. I may DC under a cap today while at work - not sure yet though.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I lathered twice with Yes to Carrots shampoo. It felt nice, but the scent could be sweeter...

Today I applied my dc a different, more thorough way. I took down each braided section one at a time. Then I finger detangled and added Densite and Lait Vital (Kerastase) to each strand. Once fully saturated, I braided it back. I'm wearing a plastic cap and turbie towel for at least an hour.

Usually i just slather the dc on the braided sections, but I feel like I wasn't getting good enough coverage.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@trueheartofgold
I do try to keep my Handmade Naturals in the Fridge because I worry about shelf-life because sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it.

Some PJ's don't and never worry about separation, mold etc...

My personal "motto" is: When in doubt refrigerate. And especially if I am unfamiliar with the Brand.

All the handmade/naturals that has now gone "mainstream" CR, ST'icals, Alikay, KBB, Mielle, Oyin etc...say on your shelves at Tar.get or Sally - they are probably using a different preservatives to prolong shelf-life in the stores., more so than folks that haven't ventured out that way.

HTHs

Jade Feria

DC'ed with Naturelle Grow's Grow Thick DC for the first time. Another one (in my DJ Khaled voice). I feel like I'm just gonna stop messing around and buy her whole product line next BF. Because EVERYTHING that I've used from her is SO GOOD!

So I DC'ed on my dry hair (misted with a tiny bit of water), under dryer for 30 minutes. My hair was super soft, the slip was great, my tangles just melted away, and hair was so easy to manage. I don't know if it made my hair any thicker in one use (or whether it will make it *grow* in thicker), but this is another winner for me.

Royalq

dCed with aussie moist 3 minutes. Such an effective little conditioner. Im going to try hard to avoid the temptation of being a product junkie.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm under the dryer with Mizani Thermasmooth and Kerastase Cristalliste mask for 30ish minutes. I washed with Giovanni Ultra Moist shampoo. I love that poo. It gives me so much slip and it's easy to find on the ground.