2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

Aggie

Okay I just put a mixture of slippery elm root, marshmallow leaves, HOPS and horsetail on the stove to brew for about 30-45 minutes, then I'll refrigerate it and use this coming week. I think I will get at least 3 full rinses from it.

Aggie

I had to throw away the coffee/burdock root/fenugreek seed oil I made a while back. The smell is certainly not compelling :barf: and I believe it's because of the burdock root. I will infuse another oil using only coffee for my next infusion.

I will continue to use the burdock root but only in tea rinses from now on.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@ElevatedEnergy
I thought you might be interested in this - I will be using Creme & Coco's "Botanically Infused Kombucha Cider Tea Rinse": which has Kombucha Tea, ACV, Pumpkin Seed Oil and Vitamin E Oil (which can be used on Face & Hair) according to Label.

You mix 1 tbspn with 8oz Water.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@ElevatedEnergy
I thought you might be interested in this - I will be using Creme & Coco's "Botanically Infused Kombucha Cider Tea Rinse": which has Kombucha Tea, ACV, Pumpkin Seed Oil and Vitamin E Oil (which can be used on Face & Hair) according to Label.

You mix 1 tbspn with 8oz Water.

I started to develop sensitivities to ACV, no matter how little so used. Even a drop in a bucket a water was leaving me with a sore scalp, so I had to let it go. Everything else sounds delightful though!!!!!!! Yum!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I purchased some soap nuts, aritha powder & shikakai powder. The plan is to mix it with some herbs from my premade herbal tea pack (Horsetail, Stinging Nettle, Oatstraw, Rosehips, Burdock Root, Fenugreek Seeds & Rosemary) to make some sort of Ayurvedic Herbal Shampoo.

I was inspired by this video:

I was looking to replace my African black soap shampoo anyway as I found it was stripping my indigo. I did an experiment where I stopped using it for 3 months and lo and behold...my indigo stayed in tact the entire 3 months and was just as dark and shiny as when I first applied it.

So I'm thinking.... to add in a 16 ounce mason jar full of distilled water:
1 teaspoon each of the powders
Around 5 soapnuts
Heaping spoonful of the dried herbs.
Simmer on my candle warmer overnight & strain.

I'll update the thread on my next wash day when I try it.

NicWhite

Haven’t been in here for a while. I had to give up on onion juice. The smell was too bad. Smh. It took s 4 weeks for the smell to go away, even after I stopped using it. :confused:

I ordered henna and indigo to start making henna glosses. That arrives on Thursday. Can’t wait to start using it. I have gray hair in the front so I don’t want the henna to give me orange hair. o_O

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NicWhite
Could you mix the Onion mixture in with your DC'ers or would the smell "override" the Scent(s) of the DC'er?

That's too bad because a lot of posters said it really works.:mad:

NicWhite

@NicWhite
Could you mix the Onion mixture in with your DC'ers or would the smell "override" the Scent(s) of the DC'er?

That's too bad because a lot of posters said it really works.:mad:

Girl, I have some pretty strong essential oils (in terms of scent). Initially the essential oils scent works but it fades and I am left with the smell of onions. And don’t let the sun hit my hair. :eek: Then I can really smell it. And this is from a person that rinses their hair everyday. I only have 2 1/2 inches of hair at the moment.

It may be because I am pregnant. Maybe I will try it after I have the baby and won’t bother me so much.

NowIAmNappy

I've been using a fenugreek oil for the last 6 months which I adore but does anyone use fenugreek seeds soaked in water as part of their wash day routine? So the past month I've been soaking the seeds overnight in water and then using that water as part of shampoo process. Last time I tried to blend the seeds but that was a no go when it came time to rinse. I'm wondering if anyone else is using fenugreek water in their regimen.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Update Regimen
Week 1
Prepoo: Belle Bar Cairo Super Slip Detangler Tea
Cleanse: Belle Bar Rhassoul + DevaCurl No Poo
Treatment: ApHogee 2 Minute (rinse followed by)
Shea Moisture High Porosity + Belle Bar Waikiki

Week 2
Prepoo: Belle Bar Cairo Super Slip Detangler Tea
Cleanse: Shikakai Soap
Treatment: Belle Bar x Curly Proverbz Green Tea
Belle Bar Henna Gloss + Edens Hair Masque

Loc Method - Rice Water, KC Leave In, Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Eco Styler or Custard

Growth/Rentention - 3x/wk Belle Bar Methi Oil, UBH Moisturizer, Pineapples, co-wash

(the gist of it. some products may change due to humidity, gym, protective styling, etc. most of my products are used the max hydration method way. I wash my hair in 6 sections in twists.)