2020/2021 Challenge - Cowash, Cocleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
*Copied/modified from 2019 challenge*

Okay Ladies, let's keep it up in 2020 & 2021 with our Co-Washing, Co-Cleansing, Mud Washing, Honey Cleansing or any other alternative form of cleaning our hair and scalp while retaining moisture. Maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses are the goals here!

Please post updates whenever you partake in any of the mentioned activities. At a minimum, weekly and/or monthly updates are needed to keep this thread active.
This challenge is to motivate and encourage each other to get that maximum moisture and meet our goals. It will also help us learn different techniques and methodology and what seems to work best for different types of hair.
This challenge will end December 31, 2021.

RULES:
Co-Wash/Co-Cleanse/Mud Wash/Honey Cleanse/Other minimum 1x/wkly. More if you'd like! You don't have to do all of them, just choose the method(s) that suit you and your hair.
Report what products or ingredients you are using, how your hair is responding, and any ups and downs you'd like to share with us regarding the methods.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
2) Current hair length:
3) Ultimate hair length:
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
6) Number of times per week you will do this:
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
10) List shampoo:

Join by answering the questions above!

Last edited:

water_n_oil

-- natural
2) Current hair length:
-- MBL in the back, APL in the front, chin length in the crown (growth after loss)
3) Ultimate hair length:
-- WL
-- Consistency, healthy ends.
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
-- Cowashing followed by my DIY ayurvedic oil blend. May or may not make my shea mix (which is just the oil +shea).
--1-2x's
-- Finishing up TMC 3-in-1. I'll probably switch back to Shea Moisture Kids 2-in-1s or Oyin Ginger Mint. Probably the latter as it's cheaper and OTG.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
-- Hot oil & scalp massage if my scalp is acting up.
-- 1-2x's/month
10) List shampoo:
-- Dr. Bronner's Citrus Castile Soap

Rozlewis

Hi,

I am interested in joining. Here are the answers:

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Texlaxed
2) Current hair length: Grazing mid-back length
3) Ultimate hair length: Full and thick mid-back length
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Density
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Clarifying monthly, washing weekly and cowashing weekly
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1 time
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Various products. I will post them when I use them
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Consistently deep conditioning
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: weekly
10) List shampoo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Arm pit
3) Ultimate hair length: waist
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): length, thickness and density
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: shampooing once a month. co washing and deep conditioning once a week.
6) Number of times per week you will do this: once a week
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: mielle organics co-wash. cream of nature co-wash
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): deep conditioning
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: once a month
10) List shampoo: I make my own shampoo using african black soap.

water_n_oil

Still haven't decided on a cowash I'm going to use regularly but now I really need to because I'll be doing taekwondo 3 days a week. Hair ain't gonna last long lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cleanse:
JMonique Naturals Cleansing Conditioner and As I Am Coconut Cowash

Final R/O:
Pa.ul Mitchell The Detangler

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Used a DIY Clay mask on Saturday. All good as usual. I changed my showerhead out and didnt pay attention to my roots.

Next day went to style and in my 4b spots that product usually sits in, some clay had dried into my hair. Has to wash again on Sunday. Which wasnt a bad thing actually.

Hair was feeling really good as water hit it and rinsed out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Treat:
ST'icals Master Cleanse Detox (on Dry Hair)

Cleanse with:

Uncle Funky's Daugther's Bye Bye Build Up Clay Cleansing Conditioner

Final R/O:
SM's Weightless Moisture Creme Rinse

snoop

Hi! I'd like to join

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS

Natural

2) Current hair length:

Grazing WL

3) Ultimate hair length:

HL

I've been struggling to grab WL. I also would like to improve the thickness of my hair.

My main method of cleansing is kaolin clay washing.

One time per week. Three weeks per month.

Kaolin clay + goat's milk powder

Pre-pooing with ayurvedic oil. I'm going to try including ayurvedic ACV rinses either before as a pre-poo or after as a final rinse. Also, ayurvedic glosses. I'm experimenting with different things.

Once per month

10) List shampoo:

Giovanni Smooth as Silk, but I'm trying to find something better

snoop

Today, I decided to switch things up a bit and do a honey cleanse today. I haven't done one in a long time, but I think that I want to include them in my routine more often.

I mixed 2 tbsp of honey in hot water, then used it to wash my hair after it cooled down. I applied to my head, concentrating on my scalp. Shaved, showered, then rinsed it out. I didn't use conditioner.