Votes: 156 26.9%
  • I will be getting a relaxer soon

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • Definetly no

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I can't see myself going back to chemicals. I've been natural for too long, I don't even think I would know hoe to care for it.

discodumpling

Yes. For the rest of my life. I LOVE my hair. It far surpasses the abused mess on my head that passed for hair for 21+ yrs!
It goes from nappy to str8 with little effort; although I prefer it as is:grin: my styling options are limitless! It's waaaaaaay thicker (as thick as fine hair can get)than it ever was relaxed. I can only see it getting better with time.

Valerie

I voted natural for life and it has enabled me to experiment with highlights more. No more touch-ups!

enscott14

I DEFINITELY voted for there's no other way! I absolutely LOVE being natural! I've been natural now for two years and although while relaxed my hair has always been thick, it has never seen this much healthiness, shine, and growth. My hair has also gotten a lot thicker, and my ends are very thick and strong. On me, relaxed and natural hair was like night and day. I am trying to convert other friends to make the "switch". :yep:

laurend

Yup I'm natural for life. I've been natural since 1994 and I wouldn't remember how to deal with a relaxer anymore.

DarkVictory

Yes, natural for life. My body can't deal with the chemicals and I never really got the hang of styling relaxed hair, so for me it's the best choice.

SouthernTease

I'm going to say I'm 80% on staying natural.

Perhaps if the make a relaxer without chemicals

that has lasting results but doesn't ruin my natural curl pattern...

It's been five years this month and I have really been considering relaxing it lately:perplexed. Never thought I would ever consider that option again. :nono:

anon123

Considering I've been natural for 12 years and then only had a relaxer for 4-5 years before that, I think natural is just a way of life for me. Though it sometimes causes me grief, ultimately I love my nappy hair. It is me.

Sunshine0801

Definitely. Natural hair is just easier for me to maintain and I love the many different looks that I can achieve with it. I :love: my kinks and coils, and would be so bored with my hair without them!

BlondeByDesire

Yes, Natural For Life. :)

It feels good to be free of touch-ups. But at any rate, I'm not going back to a relaxer after I transitioned for 14 months and chopped off ten inches of my hair. It's healthier and longer in its natural state, so Imma just continue on this way.

You have beautiful hair - is it hard to maintain? I'm seriously thinking about this transition thing but I want to retain my color ... ugh ...

nappy85

I voted "Yes, there's no other way for me" for many reasons, but mainly because it's better for the health of my hair, it's very inexpensive and it's requires very little time.

SUZIEq

The jury is still out on this one for me in the sense that I haven't had much experience with natural hair. I'll see as time progresses. Even though I know to be true to myself natural is the best way for me.

neks4u2c

I voted- "I can never say never" because I am currently in transition (huge battle there:orders:!!!)... but I would like to hope that I can be natural for life!:yep:

Shalilac

I voted never say never because the older I get, the less staying one way or the other matters to me. If I feel like switching it up, I'll do just that. I wanna rock whateva style I wanna rock when I wanna rock it. My hubby luvs it too because he says he feels like he's cheating :lachen:

DeepBluSea

This thread is right on time. I just finished taking my hair out of braids. I missed my loose hair so much. I rocked a nice puff today. :grin: I am so happy. I lurve my natural hair. I don't see my self going back to the crack. So Imma go with natural for life!!:yep:

nakialovesshoes

Last month I was really battling w/this. But now I'm realizing that I want to be relaxer free forever. It's just so much that you can do to natural hair...

janee

I'm not fully natural yet. But I voted, yes, there's no other way for me. I never liked getting my hair relaxed. And only did it out of habit. I am so glad I found this board. It made me realize that I did have a choice.

CocoGlow

Natural 4 life here!! :yep:

It is currently still a struggle figuring out the best way to maintain my hair & help it thrive but I know that there is no other way for me....