How long did it take for you to nurse your hair to health?

how long did it take you to nurse your hair to good health?

• i'm still nursing my hair to health.

Votes: 427 56.2%
  • my hair doesn't seem to be progressing.

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • 6 months or less

Votes: 128 16.8%
  • 6-12months

Votes: 98 12.9%
  • 12 months +

Votes: 52 6.8%
  • my hair as always been very healthy!

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • other:please state

Votes: 15 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gone_fishing

Still nursing...

I work on one problem at a time

First, my hair was dry and I fixed that with consistent deep conditioning and wrapping at night

Then, I focused on breakage and Im curbing that with protein hot towel treatement

After I get my anti breakage routine down, im gonna focus on getting my hair to be more shiny:)

And so on and so forth:grin:

blah blah blah...

just kidding...that's hair envy talking

Adequate thinking of macheriamour's hair ---->

SoulElegance

I have no idea how to start a new thread or even subscribe to one. Can anyone help me figure this out? But anyway, I just received my 32 ounce bottle of MTG today and the smell is a bit off but reminds me of sulfur 8. My question to you ladies is this: My hair is severly damaged and short from weaves, relaxers, and tight braids. Hairline is practically non existant. :wallbash: I haven't relaxed my hair in years due to hair weaves so I am not worried too much about relaxers. Dont think I am ever going to use them again. Was just wondering if using MTG will rapidly grow my hair? Right now I would say I have about 4 inches of hair, maybe less. Want to stop wearing hair weaves by next summer. Is it possible to grow thick longer hair using MTG by next summer? If so, how much would u speculate from 4 inches to next summer around june? Wish I had known about this product years ago. Sighs. I am shooting for mid back length within 2 years. Not sure if the stuff works this fast but I am sticking with it to find out.

~CurlyNikki~

Although I'm still nursing a little, it has done a 360 since 2006. So, I'd say 2 years. My hair had heat damage and color damage and the ends were splitting and popping off like crazy! I thought there was no hope and I refused to do a big chop. So, I cut off little by little (myself), and now you can hardly tell I ever had a problem. And now, for the first time in 3 years, my hair is retaining length! Good luck :D There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

crazydaze911

Although I'm still nursing a little, it has done a 360 since 2006. So, I'd say 2 years. My hair had heat damage and color damage and the ends were splitting and popping off like crazy! I thought there was no hope and I refused to do a big chop. So, I cut off little by little (myself), and now you can hardly tell I ever had a problem. And now, for the first time in 3 years, my hair is retaining length! Good luck :D There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

ur hair is HOT! endquote... :grin:

*~*Afrolicious*~*

After my last relaxer, My scalp was in horrible condition; covered with chemical burns, bald spots and fragile thin hair. It took me a month of daily conditioner washers to get my hair back into shape and a year and a half of braids extensions to get my hair a certain length so I could chop off my permed ends. Right now my hair is in good condition, I'm jsut working on getting it longer.

danigurl18

About 6 months... I had put some blonde highlights in January and it really damaged it.. Now that I'm natural, all my hair is no longer damaged or colored!

BostonMaria

I picked OTHER because my hair is healthy. The last real set-back was 2002 and it was a weave gone bad LOL I nursed it back to health in less than six months because I cut it short, relaxed it, and started over. Any set-back I ever had in the past I corrected in less than a year.

myronnie

2 years..i'm still nursing it back to health also. God stylists who apply way too much relaxer really hurt me..but now it is nice and healthy..

Golong

10 months of consistant DC's until 1 trip to the salon F'ed it all up!:wallbash: 16months later and its still not back:nono:

Stella B.

Still nursing, because after 10 months of being on this hair journey, I'm slowly realizing that this is a journey that never ends. I call it my infinite journey. My hairs' condition is improving, my dry ends are less brittle than before. I attribute that to deep conditioning once a week, and daily moisturizing.

Lucia

curlynikki said:
Although I'm still nursing a little, it has done a 360 since 2006. So, I'd say 2 years. My hair had heat damage and color damage and the ends were splitting and popping off like crazy! I thought there was no hope and I refused to do a big chop. So, I cut off little by little (myself), and now you can hardly tell I ever had a problem. And now, for the first time in 3 years, my hair is retaining length! Good luck There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

youre hair looks great

ur hair is HOT! endquote... :grin:

I 2nd that

Last edited:

girlcherokee

it's been 3mths since i discovered lhcf and i looked at it yesterday and thought, whoa, it aint looking too bad these days. i have been doing monthly trims to get rid of the uneveness and DC'ing like crazy, and i have also been using veda sooooo - lifes good. i am not there yet, but there is a huge difference in 3mths!

metro_qt

My hair was essentially healthy from 2003-2006.
Then, in 2006, I got a weave, and a combination of the stylist tying the thread too tight and damaging/tangling my hair, to my hair matting up upon take out of the weave...
I ended up with a huge head of dreadlocks.
My full head of hair matted up into one big clump. (no. I am not exaggerating or joking)

I took my head to a local hairstylist who dealt in dreadlocks who said that to unclump my hair, it would cost 200 dollars...
I took my head to local BSS's to buy products and have the people there look at it,and countless others who tried to break up the clumps in my hair.

What I ended up was with 2 bald spots where people had ripped out my hair.

I cried, and when my mother found out she offered to comb out my hair just like when I was little...

It took her 9 hours, but she got all the dreads out one by one.

From then, I put my hair in singular braids...big plaits actually, and moisturized with a thick leave in conditioner twice a day.

I washed every two days, and on special occasions I put on a wig. I used alot of Wild Growth oil... (no MT at that point) and I didn't texturize my hair for 10 months to give it a rest.

With all of that care and treatment, The new stylist, upon doing my hair for my next texturizer did not even know that I had bald spots- they had completely grown back in ... and my hair was as thick and healthy as ever...

It took alot of work though... and patience.

The pic is of my hair two years ago, right after that texturizer treatment.. not a bald spot in sight!

Attachments

• Belated Birthday Outing 006.jpg
    Belated Birthday Outing 006.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

plzgrow

I am transitioning to natural, so it is a total hair shock to me. My hair is totally different from being in love to protein to now loving moisture... Now I have to go back to the basics and learn from scratch about the dos and don't about natural hair... So... this a totally learning process for me..

silenttullip

I chose 12months + all it took was aphogee 2 step, a good search and destroy, good scalp oils, and finally compiling a working reggie. I started my attempt about 1 1/2 years ago.

grow

i'm still nursing, but am happy to report that as part of the nursing my hair back from all the damage heat gave me (i used to see hair all over my hot rollers, and those i would scorch in AFTER i had flat ironed my already permed bone straight hair!), i have stopped using all heat since nov. 6th. of last year!

i will wrap, i might even roller set on some days, but only air dry.

it's been just over 2 months so far and my hair is getting better....it's healing.

but i feel i've got to continue because of the damage i did for way too many years....

melodies815

After my bc last March, I had a little nursing to do until my hair felt fully natural. I think I still had some relaxer effects for a few months.

So...I probably nursed it for 3 months after the bc before I felt that it was in good shape.

cj

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
It's been over a year, and I'm still nursing, with no real end in sight.
My breakage is almost non-existent as far as I can tell, shedding is perfectly under control, and my hair is finally receiving and holding moisture properly. I think I'm starting to over-proteinate it, so I'm going to cut slightly back on that.

But my real problem is that I'm still working on the damage from before LHCF, when I was improperly applying relaxer. That hair is not as nice as the rest, and I can still feel and see the difference.

I don't think I'll be done nursing until I've completely grown and cut that crap out, and that'll take freaking years.

Wild Tresses

It took me 6 months to get on the right track after I finally bought a showerhead filter.The high iron in my well water was destroying my hair.

SherylsTresses

I had BSL hair that was totally overprocessed. Now I'm approaching MBL and my hair is still weak. I'm going natural now hoping for strong and thicker hair.

MonPetite

In terms of recouping from total disasters (for example: bleach + relaxer) about a month to two months. It depends on how dedicated I am to reversing the damage.

TeeDee66

It took me about 10 months to nurse my hair back to health. The damage was caused by putting Aphoghee on it for 6 straight weeks. I misread the bottle and thought that's what it meant for "six weeks to beautiful hair". My hair broke off so bad from all the protein. I trimmed and trimmed and cried. Then it finally came back thick. Now even my hair stylist says my hair is healthy.

I know for sure now that I can't use thick protein in my hair. I'll only use keratin (a light protein) once a month maximum!