August 2016 What Did You Buy This Week?

1. I'm definitely going to purchase some Refresher Spray from Annabelle's PerfectBlends (Etsy). I'm excited about this: I need another layer of moisture, but I realize it would be GREAT if this layer was extremely light! Scent-wise I'm leaning toward selecting the Guava Goji scent: Hopefully it will pair well with each of the gels through which I rotate (CRN Curl Maker, UFD's Curl Stimulator, and DevaCurl's Ultra Defining Gel).

2. I'm on the search for a layering of products that will give my naturally hipo hair multi-day moisture. For this layering portion of my regimen, if I can I'd like to use 2 products from the SAME BRAND (3 at the most if "necessary").

If my hair doesn't vibe with the Bekura products that are on the way, then maybe I'll next try one of the following brands:
  • Tree Naturals (everything looks and reviews AMAZING),
  • Oyin Handmade (I love the Hair Dew and hear great things about the line),
  • Camille Rose Naturals (I really like the Curl Maker gel, the owner, and what folks here say about the line), or
  • Bee Mine (I hear good things, and there's a Bee Hold product with a pretty impressive YouTube demo).
ETA: Just bought some henna (first time user! :smile:) from Amazon. I will determine whether to try Curly Nikki's recipe, the Minimalist Beauty's recipe, or the recipe of that near-the-top-at-Amazon reviewer who mentioned V05 conditioner in her recipe.

Last edited:
It's not August 5th yet.
That's what I'm waiting on.

If the deal is really good, I may pull the trigger. But if it isn't compelling enough, I'll wait until LD or BF. I have quite enough products to do so. By then, I may need to re-up on NG Marshmallow Root and NG Mango & Coconut Deep Conditioners. These are great detanglers for my hair and most likely, I will be using them as such or after a hardcore protein treatment or after a henna treatment:yep:.

Two headwraps from Etsy. I'm not really sure if it's a look I can pull off, but we shall see.

il_570xN.816109686_o3a4.jpg

il_570xN.747865081_l2ok.jpg

I ordered the Ouidad double detangling comb that's been nagging at me. Found it on Ebay.

Also, made a "Mini Combo Kit" at this page: http://www.originalmoxie.com/mini-combo-kit. You can design your own sample kit: You get whatever 4 samples you want, at the price of 3 samples. Reviews and YouTube demo/reviews of various products in the line are exciting. If the products can accomplish what they say the can . . . :love:

I am so close to being ready for the next no-buy challenge, and I am so excited for my pockets because of it. :smile: I know hubby will be happy and won't believe it until he's seeing it. ;)

So, I was happy my QB had attempted delivery and since I ordered twice :look: I thought I got two notices for that. Was in no rush to run to the post office tomorrow.

But then I saw the second notice was for Jakeala..... We gon find a way to get to the post office tomorrow..... And before 6PM when that line becomes HAM. Sheeeeet I might use my lunch hour for that and just eat while I walk :drunk:

Back