AYURVEDIC POWDER ADVICE + Excerpt from: Cherie Ayurveda Vol: 1

Candy_C

I love this thread. It's so interesting.

I had a shikakia mishap in August. I forgot to mix it with other powders and my hair was virtually impossible to tangle, and this was after swimming :perplexed

BTW ...your book was fun to read! I love reading haircare books for fun :grin:

ahh bless glad you enjoyed it!

and O/T: omg your avatar is that you!!!! woah there missy

OhmyKimB

Maybe I'll try the ayurveda thing again. I didn't realize that I couldn't just use Shikaikai...I'm gonna print this out and try this again...probably at the end of the month

SoSweet08

Hi Candy

I'm a little confused. Maybe because I had to rush through all of these pages. What exactly is your regimen using these oils and powders and what is the amount that you use for each of them? When is moisture used in your regimen and when is protein used?

Should someone still do hardcore aphogee treatments with this method and will it still be okay to henna?

Thanks a lot in advance.

almondjoi85

I finally tried to powders! It was so easy to mix and make. I loved it! It was great...i used 1 shikakai to 2 amla and my hair was not dry at all. :grin:

almondjoi85

Oh yeah as for straining the liquid I put an old knee high over the top of my cup and poured it right thru there! It worked perfectly!

almondjoi85

I love this thread. It's so interesting.

I had a shikakai mishap in August. I forgot to mix it with other powders and my hair was virtually impossible to tangle, and this was after swimming :perplexed

BTW ...your book was fun to read! I love reading haircare books for fun :grin:

woooo girly! Try to shikakai bar after swimming while ur still @ the pool...that's what I do and I love it, then when you get home use the rinse maybe?

caribgirl

Candy, I thank you for opening my eyes to these herbs. I am really enjoying the challlenge and I must say that I have experienced some nice hair growth in less than 4 weeks already!!!! Can't wait till April, to reveal the results :yep: . Again, thanks for educating us and answering all of our questions, freely!!! You are a wonderful person.

Last edited:

AvaSpeaks

Candy, I thank you for opening my eyes to these herbs. I am really enjoying the challlenge and I must say that I have experience some nice hair growth in less than 4 weeks already!!!! Can't wait till April, to reveal the results :yep: . Again, thanks for educating us and answering all of our questions, freely!!! You are a wonderful person.

Caribgirl, your hair looks fab! That is some nice growth. And in a nice time frame too!

Did you do the exact same regime as Candy or did you tailor yours to your hair?

Jazzy413

I must say that I have seen a bit of growth in the last four weeks that I have used the shikaki/amla mix. Since this thread I have more info on the other powders and how to incorporate them into my regi, so I am hopeful that I will have even more growth once I use them consistently. Candy C is da truth...really. To take the time out to answer all these questions and make sure us ladies are using the products right is definitely commendable! Thanks again for all this info!!! Keep the questions coming ladies....maybe there is something some of us havent thought about asking yet!!!:yep:

Candy_C

I was on the www.fromnaturewithlove.com website and they were saying to use 4 of the powders and use 1 tablespoon.

But Candy_C, your saying use 2 powders. Why? Is the 4 powder mixture on their website too drying for our hair?

no, but i mentioned before that its sometimes cancelling out the properties of the other powders. Its not terrible if you use for, its just best to pick 4 powders with completely different properties. also ratios become difficult...

Candy_C

Candy, I thank you for opening my eyes to these herbs. I am really enjoying the challlenge and I must say that I have experience some nice hair growth in less than 4 weeks already!!!! Can't wait till April, to reveal the results :yep: . Again, thanks for educating us and answering all of our questions, freely!!! You are a wonderful person.

You're very welcome! Your post made my day!!! :grin:

Candy_C

I must say that I have seen a bit of growth in the last four weeks that I have used the shikaki/amla mix. Since this thread I have more info on the other powders and how to incorporate them into my regi, so I am hopeful that I will have even more growth once I use them consistently. Candy C is da truth...really. To take the time out to answer all these questions and make sure us ladies are using the products right is definitely commendable! Thanks again for all this info!!! Keep the questions coming ladies....maybe there is something some of us havent thought about asking yet!!!:yep:

Awwww *hugs* thankyou!!!

caribgirl

Caribgirl, your hair looks fab! That is some nice growth. And in a nice time frame too!

Did you do the exact same regime as Candy or did you tailor yours to your hair?

Thanks Ava!

I kinda tweak the regimen by applying a thicker mixture-:look:- but Candy's herbal knowledge is truly awesome. I think many think that using the herbs would be too time consuming but it really isn't! My hair is so happy and stronger than before. I personally have no need for aphogee anymore! :grin:

Last edited:

drjo91

CandyC! I would like to say thank you because i started using this powder in december when you made the first post. I noticed that my hair got thicker,shiny, soft and long in a small amount of time after using it. I would like to know though when you said to pour it over your head...the minute you do that then you rinse or do you leave the powders for a few minutes?

HERicane10

Candy! :rocker: You ROCK girl! :thumbsup: I accidently ordered bhringraj dried stems. Anyway, I thought it was surely a waste; cuz I didn't know what to do with them. Then I said "WWCD? (What Would Candy Do). So I grabbed up that big ole bag of sticks, grabbed a handful and 'brewed' them in 2-3 cups of water for 30 minutes. I added some shikakai and amla powder (in correct ratio even) and used it for the 1st time last night. I saturated my dry hair with the 'brew' and left it on for 1.5 hours. My hair felt soft BEFORE the rinse out, and AFTER was :reddancer: You are so right about the moisturizing effects of the bhringraj! :cloud9: Thanks Candy! I'll be using this mix 2-3x per wek. I luv those sticks!:grin:

Candy_C

Do you guys wanna hear something funny/ironic?

i have an indian friend i havent spoke to in years, i bumped into her at uni

i was teaching HER about ayurveda! She uses commercial products, and hadnt even heard of amla oil!

Shes actually ordered a few things too bless her!

4mia

candy where can i find MAHABHRINGARAJ powder at? is there one or just the oil and how would i incorporate the oil? prepoos?

tia

MDinLA

So how do the ayurvedic products work with stretching relaxers? Are they conditioning/ moisturizing enough to help with the stretching process? Many people are using yogurt as a prepoo to help stretch. Would you suggest combing the two products? Ayuverdic and coconut milk/ yogurt... Or should you not mix the two while stretching and just do ayuverdic prior to your perm growing out and thus likely to break at the demarcation line.

4mia

i think she stated to use up to 7 days before and 7 days after a relaxer

So how do the ayurvedic products work with stretching relaxers? Are they conditioning/ moisturizing enough to help with the stretching process? Many people are using yogurt as a prepoo to help stretch. Would you suggest combing the two products? Ayuverdic and coconut milk/ yogurt... Or should you not mix the two while stretching and just do ayuverdic prior to your perm growing out and thus likely to break at the demarcation line.

AvaSpeaks

Candy_C and Caribgirl, have you ladies used the shampoo bars?

drjo91, in your short time of using the powders, did you notice less shedding too? or just a nicer shine and thicker hair?

4mia

Right, but I'm just wondering if people have used ayuverda specifically for stretching also?

ummm good question. I heard 2 things one that it makes the curl pattern looser and 2. that people seem to notice there hair reverting at the root. ill try to find the threads for you. I just cant remember wich board it was