AYURVEDIC: the new LHCF buzzword?

audacity.

Is this really all it's cracking up to be? I mean every day I log on I see a new thread about ayurvedic "hair care." It is clear that these Indian herbs, oils and powders are working wonders in hair growth in several women on this borad (mscoco, candy_c, den1 - to name a few).

My question to those of you who dabble in ayurvedic, where does one start? There are soooooo many ayurvedic herbs, powders and oils it is overwhelming! And not only where do you start, what is the "proper" regimen?

TIA!

Happy Hair Growing!!!​

Candy_C

Is this really all it's cracking up to be? I mean every day I log on I see a new thread about ayurvedic "hair care." It is clear that these Indian herbs, oils and powders are working wonders in hair growth in several women on this borad (mscoco, candy_c, den1 - to name a few).

My question to those of you who dabble in ayurvedic, where does one start? There are soooooo many ayurvedic herbs, powders and oils it is overwhelming! And not only where do you start, what is the "proper" regimen?

TIA!

Happy Hair Growing!!!​

tee hee

the best place to start is always at the beginning.

google "ayurveda hair care" have a lil read, and have your own interpretation of it.

Then i suggest starting with techniques, such as head massages, incense...get a feel for the whole thing,ayurveda is very spiritual, you can really benefit from this.

product wise, oils are great. there are ready mixed ones available online,
Dabur, Hesh are good brands

and use these as pre-poos at first

then upgrade to powders...(there are 100s) and mix then according to their properties to match your hair ailments.

any help u know i'm just one click away :grin:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I guess it start with: what are you looking for? something that cleanses? a sealant?

each herb/oil is useful for certain things

shikakai is a cleanser and so is aritha
amla makes hair stronger and darker
bhringraj helps stop hair loss
neem has anti-bacterial properites

and the list goes on

BotanyGrl

I agree with Candy. I started with google and I'm currently learning exactly what Ayurvedic medicine is. Never a dull moment on LHCF, because I'm always finding more reasons to spend money :spinning:

sikora

I don't have a full ayurvedic regimen, but I use a few products.

The night before my wash day, I use shikakai oil on my scalp.
I now shampoo with Shikakai soap.
I mix Amla oil or Vatika oil with my deep conditioner

LadyZ

I don't have a full ayurvedic regimen, but I use a few products.

The night before my wash day, I use shikakai oil on my scalp.
I now shampoo with Shikakai soap.
I mix Amla oil or Vatika oil with my deep conditioner

====
How did you like the wash with the shikakai oil?
How do you like the oils in your conditioner?

sikora

====
How did you like the wash with the shikakai oil?
How do you like the oils in your conditioner?

I actually wash with the shikakai soap and use the oil on my scalp the night before. The results are great. My hair is super moisturized after airdrying. I would usually use a moisturizer after taking out my rollers, when I use the soap, there is no need to.

Amla oil just makes my deep conditioner work much better. I use Nacidit's Olive oil deep conditioner and when I mix it with Amla oil, my hair feels very soft and moisturized when rinsing. Sometimes while rinsing I feel like there's still conditioner in my hair, but it's actually the moisture from the products that I'm feeling.

LadyZ

I actually wash with the shikakai soap and use the oil on my scalp the night before. The results are great. My hair is super moisturized after air drying. I would usually use a moisturizer after taking out my rollers, when I use the soap, there is no need to.

Amla oil just makes my deep conditioner work much better. I use Nacidit's Olive oil deep conditioner and when I mix it with Amla oil, my hair feels very soft and moisturized when rinsing. Sometimes while rinsing I feel like there's still conditioner in my hair, but it's actually the moisture from the products that I'm feeling.
===

Thanks, It sounds like a good product..
I can't find it on line.. where do you get yours at... There are no Indian stores near me...