Black Friday!

bronzebomb

Self-imposed product strike...until Black Friday!

Y'all are demons! Ever since I have been natural I've been lurking these Hair Forums and to be honest, I've pretty much have tried everything for 4A/4B hair. I have tons of products! So I'm going on a purchasing strike until Black Friday! I may even sell/trade some of my products... well, maybe not!

Please pray for me...no hair care products until 11/26/2010. Hopefully Miss Jessie's will have the BOGO! Afroveda will have the Curl Define at 50% off. Karen's Body Beautiful, Komaza Care and Qhemet Biologics will have free shipping and 25% off. :grin:

Honorable mention: Darcy's Botanicals, Zipporah Beauty and BrownButterBeauty

Am I wishful thinking?

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

Self-imposed product strike...until Black Friday!

Y'all are demons! Ever since I have been natural I've been lurking these Hair Forums and to be honest, I've pretty much have tried everything for 4A/4B hair. I have tons of products! So I'm going a purchasing strike until Black Friday! I may even sell/trade some of my products... well, maybe not!

Please pray for me...no hair care products until 11/26/2010. Hopefully Miss Jessie's will have the BOGO! Afroveda will have the Curl Define at 50% off. Karen's Body Beautiful, Komaza Care and Qhemet Biologics will have free shipping and 25% off. :grin:

Am I wishful thinking?
@ the bolded! Yes, yes, yes, I'm witcha, girl!

I'm not purchasing 'til BF either! I'm so happy I tried and sampled so many handmade products this year! I started my BF list after the Hairveda sale and have been massaging it ever since! What's on the list is

Myhoneychild
Komaza
Beemineproducts
christinegant.com (brownbutterbeauty.com)
Afroveda (I neeed the Miss Bhree Buriti Ultra Hydrating Hair cream. And my DH is down to 1/2 a jar of the Curl Define. I ordered 4 last BF and 1/2 a jar is all that's left)

I'm good with Hairveda, Qhemet Biologics, KBB, jessicurl, SSI, janecartersolution and Darcy's.

QBOE2001

@ the bolded! Yes, yes, yes, I'm witcha, girl!

I ordered 4 last BF and 1/2 a jar is all that's left)

May i asked how you stored 4 jars of curl define without having to worry about spoilage? I've been afraid to order in bulk for fear of it going rancid since it's all natural. Also did you experience any changes in consistency or how well it worked?

Ya'll got me getting excited up in here!

bronzebomb

I'm not sure how she stored it. I've only had my Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter for 4 months and it has seperated. However, the Curl Define has not and I've had that over a year....that's why I am only purchasing this butter from Afroveda.

choctaw

I was thinking about hitting Miss Jessie's BOGO but that Kimmay leave-in got me twisted. :look: I'll stalk the leave-in conditioners and oils. bronzebomb oughta be shamed of herself for leading another sista to the cash register :lachen:

QBOE2001

^^^ I had purchased the totally twisted ginger almond butter and it was separated when it arrived lol. So i really didn't have many expectations with that one but I use alot of the cocolatte and curl define and would love to get enough to last the entire year in one fell swoop. :)

Pompous Blue

May i asked how you stored 4 jars of curl define without having to worry about spoilage? I've been afraid to order in bulk for fear of it going rancid since it's all natural. Also did you experience any changes in consistency or how well it worked?

Ya'll got me getting excited up in here!
QBOE2001 I was going to store it in the fridge, but my DH stored it in his bathroom underneath the sink. I must admit, though, my household temperature does not vary much year-round. I keep it between 72 and 78 degrees. And my DH uses warm water to shower. So, there is never any "steam" in his bathroom. So, I know Afroveda's hair butters can last a year. I use the Cocolatte and Shea Amla. Never refrigerated them and they're still good. I bought the 8 oz. jars at the same time, have a little left in each jar and they're still good -- no rancid smell, separation or anything like that.

What I have refrigerated are Hairveda's ph 24/7 balancing rinse and Myhoneychild.com's products (she uses natural preservatives) and I don't wanna chance anything going bad. Some of Komaza's products. And, also I refrigerate any of the handmade conditioners I add oils or other things to and won't use up for a month.

I wish more handmade companies would put an expiration date on their containers; Komaza does. And SSI puts a manufacturing date on her products.

I use handmade products exclusively now and have been doing so for over a year now. No worries with proper storage and using them up within the recommended time.

QBOE2001

Pompous Blue - thanks so much for responding. I'm off to make a comprehensive shopping list out now.

bronzebomb- my wallet hates you right about now but my hair is thanking you in advance for starting this thread :)

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Haha! I was just saying this. I mainly holding out for some Qhemet, but now that you mention nit...if Miss Jessies has a BOGO then...you already know!

bronzebomb

LOL! I'm just trying to help out my fellow junkies. I'm gonna try new stuff too!

My wallets are thin listening to you ladies:drunk:

LuvlyRain3

I can't wait for the black friday sales. I am buying everything that I have been dying to try since I bcd.
shescentit, hairveda, afroveda, ori organics, qhemet biologics. EVERYTHING.

Girl you got me worked up now. whatever I don't like I'll just exchange it here or give it to my little sister.

Charz

Sinister Minister
I am not buying any products except for when Qhemet has a 20% or more sale. And if that is Black Friday, so be it.

silenttullip

I'm waiting for BF too, I'd love to stock up on some Qhemet

And try some

Myhoneychild
Komaza
and Taaliah Waajid (I wonder if they do bf sales)

If Miss Jessie's has the poos and condishes on BOGO I'll stop by them too
So I'm trying to save up a lil on the side 100 all together will be my limit.

Last edited:

SimJam

misikko might have a good flat iron sale. When I got my hana it was on a sale

ooooh yes. Im waiting to buy mine then

They're on sale now for abt 118 or 124 cant remember and u get a tin case pouch and heat pad. Wonder if we'll get a better offer ?

beautyaddict1913

I have been trying to be good this month, BUT next month i am going to hit CurlMart up for curljunkie and myhoneychild! I am saving hairveda, darcy's botanicals, afroveda, kbb and ssi for bf lol! It seems soooo far away doesnt it ladies?! I know Im gonna need some more sitrinillah by then! If the people in my house didnt already think i was crazy for all the hair products i already have i would have ordered the gallon of sitrinillah when it was on sale but i was too shame lol:nono::nono:

iri9109

black friday is sooooooo far away lol...i think i could do it b/c i didnt buy any hair products all summer...but when i did i splurged...i'd probably overdraft something serious on black friday with all the sales...but then i said i wasnt going to order anything off line until march as a nappiversary treat...hmmm maybe i could order it then and not use it until march (yeah right wishful thinking)...does oyin have black friday sales? b/c i've been wanting some burnt sugar pomade and JnB...see yall just tryna bring out my pj lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm making a List and Checking it Twice:ban:..Gon' Find out who's Naughty & Nice.:fallenang

For me, it's going to be all about the Sales and the Level of Customer Service as to how I carefully 'spend' my BF Monies.:yep:

So, we'll see how good the sales are and how great the customer service is. :look:

This will determine where (& with whom) I put my Cash down.:dollar:

bronzebomb

I am not buying any products except for when Qhemet has a 20% or more sale. And if that is Black Friday, so be it.

You are so right! I don't need a thing. I jut read a few books and products do not grow hair! I have enough products to moisturize the city of Baltimore. Why is this so addicting? Maybe just one product line! But the sale has to be fierce! Qhemet's Conditioner may be a winner.

Vonnieluvs08

I'm going on a no buy until BF too!!

What I buy well depend on how well I use my stash. I have enough of everything right now. BF will be a stock up time and maybe try a few new things if the prices are right.

I know I'll need some SSI coco cream since that is my winter hit. Mozeke also has some stylers I want. I may give out products as Xmas gifts to friends if the prices are right.

I would like a flat iron now. Who makes a good flat iron?