BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Imani, I want to join this challenge as well, I'll post my pic but the end of the year, I'm in a few challenges so I will do it all at one time,lol

WantNatural

What is your goal date for BSL? June 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
This will be my first time reaching BSL/BSB

Whats your current length?
Nape grazing APL, CBL on the sides, a few inches under the chin for my bangs. I'm only 2.5-3 inches from BSL in the back, so I hope to reach it by my birthday.

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?
Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?
1xweek - DC overnight w/AOGPB or AOHSR on dry hair, wash w/mudwash, leave-in w/Yes to Cucumbers, seal w/castor oil or grease

During the week - Cowash as needed, leave-in, seal w/castor oil

Daily - moisturize w/water and seal w/castor oil or grease

Monthly - Henna 1x

Daily - Bun daily or wear twist-out for the week - I've been PSing for a while and finally found the right technique for a successful twist-out, even with my mullet. Having fun with that right now but will probably go back to hardcore PS w/buns in a few weeks.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL?
I might straighten, will definitely wear it out for a couple of weeks, and then focus on MBL hopefully also in 2012 and WL in 2013

Missdelicious1

I would like to join this challenge! This will be my first challenge. I'm so excited :grin: I'll add a starting pic in Dec.

What is your goal date for BSL?
I don't have a specific date, but I'm aiming for late 2012.

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.)
I've never been BSL and I want to be so badly. The longest my hair has ever been is full APL. My hair became damaged and overprocessed from relaxing too often and doing things that I didn't know were damaging my hair. I want my healthy hair back so that I can feel beautiful again.

Whats your current length? SL...inching towards APL

Texlaxed

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc)
-Cleansing hair once or twice a week with HairOne, sulfate-free shampoo or diluted shampoo.
-DCing with every wash. Alternating between protein and moisture DCs.
-Rollersetting, airdrying, low heat (heat pass once a month or every other month)
-Major PSing....mostly buns and wigs
-Relax every 3 months at a minimum (I'm aiming for my first 4 month stretch currently)
-I haven't started yet, but will be trying Megatek 2-3x a week.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)
I will be swanging that hair like there's no tomorrow. I'll prob ease up on PSing a lot and enjoy my hair. I'll just maintain and let it grow at it's own pace toward MBL and WL.

Last edited:

transitioning?

Dec 29th, 2012 my 3 year post relaxer anniversary

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.)

This will be my first time at BSL. My hair has never been past APL. I'm close to APL now so I feel confident that BSL is in my future.

SL, almost grazing APL (1 in to go)

Au Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc)
No Heat
Twisits/Wigs/Updos if my hair will stretch
Beemine sulphur
Nioxion vits
And any other growth aids I pick up

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)
When I reach BSL I am going to flat iron and swang the mess out of my long hair. I'm going to laugh at all the haters who thought I couldn't do it. Then I'm going to enjoy classy updos and next thing u know I will be WL.

I will add a pic in January
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kandiekj100

What is your goal date for BSL? I think July 1, 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? Never had BSL as an adult, never had anything longer than APL.

Whats your current length? I think I'm between APL and BSB, but I'm not positive. Will come back later with a pic.

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc) - I plan to stry to keep my hair stretch the majority of the time. The keeping it stretched seemed to keep the knots and tangles at bay. I also will henna once a month or 1 every 6 weeks at least. Doing henna seem to help clarify my hair and my scalp to promote growth.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc) I don't know if I'll do anything differen than I already. I don't straighten that often, but when I get the urge I do. I will make a youtube clip of me just whipping my hair back and forth, lol . Okay, probably not, but I'll probably stand in the mirror and whip it like I'm in a pantene commercial. Okay, I will definitely do this one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Please add a starting pic now or at least before Jan 1 2012 PIC to come soon!

I don't usually do challenge threads but hopefully this will help me get over the hump.

unique4lyfe33

Here is my picture I took today, I got my relaxer on 10/30/11. I have become really scissor happy and I get a trim almost everytime I get my hair done. I love freshly cut ends.

(My hair is even its just the way my hair is laying down. My bra looks weird too lol :spinning:)

ms.mimi

What is your goal date for BSL? December 2012

This will be my 1st time at BSL

?Not sure. What is this length? Alittle past apl?
Oct2011.JPG

Natural

Protective styling, low heat, vitamins, challenges, etc.
What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Treat myself to a flat iron and swing it. Then back to staying disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)

**Please add a starting pic now or at least before Jan 1 2012

Oct2011.JPG
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

newnyer

candy626

I guess I need to join this challenge since I'm hoping to hit full bra strap and full mid back length by the end of 2012. I would estimate my hair is about 2.5 inches from the bottom of my bra strap. Hoping I can hit full bra strap by March.

faithVA

newnyer and Others, I don't have direct access to the challenger post to put your name on the list. But I am keeping track of who has been added and who needs to be added. So if you don't see your name on the list yet don't worry. Imani will update the list when she has a chance.

faithVA

I guess I need to join this challenge since I'm hoping to hit full bra strap and full mid back length by the end of 2012. I would estimate my hair is about 2.5 inches from the bottom of my bra strap. Hoping I can hit full bra strap by March.

Hey candy626, Let me know when you post your answers from the 1st post. And I will add your name to the challengers to be added list. Imani will update those when she has a chance.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
What is your goal date for BSL? Dec 2012

I'm determined to make BSL in 2012. I was almost there but I recently moved to a place that have extremely dry weather along with hard water, which sent me into a major set back:sad:.

Whats your current length? I guess I'm SL, I'm 3inches from APL

Rinse hair daily with distilled water seal with oils. DC once aweek adding wheatgerm oil to my DC mix. Wash biweekly. I am committed to hardcore protective styles in 2012. Mainly braids, braids,braids and more braids...I'm also adding a Vitamin reggie.

I plan to keep it pushing, I've wasted so much time already. I don't want to get caught up, in playing with my hair and suffer another set back. If the braids become to much and DH start whining then I will have a weave installed. :yep: I'm in the WL2013 challenge and I want to hit it by then.

faithVA here are my answers

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
faithVA Thanks for the reminder!

What's your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?

Goal Date: I hope to be full BSL by February 2012; Hopefully by May 2012 I'll be bottom of BSL/MBL.

Length Story: I've been natural for almost 6 years; I colored during my second year and spent the next two years trimming it off. The color made my hair feel weird, and I wasn't retaining moisture very well. I maintained at the same length. I decided to actively grow my hair out in March. This is the longest my hair has ever been, relaxed or natural.

Current Length: Top of BSL; 11" from scalp. I've never straightened my hair, so I don't know what it looks like on my body. I hope to straighten for the first time in December. :spinning:

Regimen: Pre-poo with an oil. Wash and deep condition under steamer once a week or every two weeks, depending on style. Alternate using shampoo and conditioner washing; alternate protein conditioner and moisturizing conditioner. Moisturize and seal as needed during the week. Massage scalp with sulfur oil or pomade 3x a week. Trim every 3-4 months using the lunar cycle.

Plans after BSL: Not sure. I may try a cellophane, but after my last color experience, I'm a tad skeptical. Long term, I think I want to try growing my hair out to HL. That would be 20" of hair; 9" of more growth. :look:

Last edited:

candy626

What is your goal date for BSL? March 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? I have grown to BSL before but usually end up having to cut back to armpit length or bsb due to split ends and thinning. My goal this time is to be at full, split end free BSL, where 90% of the back of my hair touches the bottom of my bra strap.
My current length is shown in my siggy. May have gained an inch since then. :yep:
I use a mild relaxer every 12 weeks or so. I am not sure if this is texlaxed (I never heard this term before visiting this board) or just plain ol' relaxed.
Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? Besides paying closer attention to moisture/balance, I have been wearing wigs and wash n' go's primarily to avoid too much manipulation and heat. What I want to add to my regimen is pre-pooing. I also want to become more disciplined with moisturizing and sealing my ends, which I rarely ever do.
What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Celebrate briefly, then continue with the MBL 2012 challenge which am also apart of.

NaeChail

ME, ME!!! I'm in. My first real challenge!! ME!!! YAY!!! :yay::bouncegre:lots: LOL.

Okay, on to the business...

April 2012, so that for me & SO's anniversary in May, I can have a swangin' press and have his jaw on the ground :lachen::lachen:

I haven't had BSL hair in years. I was originally shooting for August of this year, and had almost made it, I was an inch away. But when I went to get a press for graduation, the stylist suggested I need a trim...and I walked out with shoulder length hair. :nono: I vow to NEVER again go to a stylist I don't really know even if she IS natural.

Just grazing APL, which is pretty good considereing the setback I had in August. Funny how APL seems to be coming so quickly this time.

Natural

I am protective styling with sew-ins for 6 weeks at a time.
I wash bi weekly.
I deep condition before and after each install.
I do a protein treatment every 3 installs (or as needed).
I moisturize every 3 days.
I take a multivitamin, MSM, and a HSN supplement.
I use a sulfur/castor oil mix between installs (I don't use them during because it makes my cheap BSS weave greasy and not last too long. :lachen:)

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat
urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)

I am going to get a press that will give me the fullest, lightest, bounciest, swanginest hair EVER!! And rub it in a few male coworkers face lol for calling me crazy, stun my SO for our anniversary, and then go back to protective styling until I hit MBL.

I will post a start pic later....I'm currently in an install.

hair4romheaven

Starting pic will be added in Dec. or Jan.

FULL BSL Dec 2012

APL
Natural

P.S

Keep chuckin to MBL

An_gell

faithVA -Okay ladies here is my information so I can officially join the challenge. :) I'm so excited.

What is your goal date for BSL? I hope to be there by late summer or early fall of 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? This will be my first time ever having my hair BSL and for me that's a big accomplishment. I can't believe how much it's grown now. I am 3 years natural this month, but I have had lots of setbacks in between. Now that I know how to properly take care of my hair it has come a long way.

Whats your current length? Apl-ish still trying to get it to full APL

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? I wash once a week, low manipulation, lots of water rinsing, bun about 98% of the time, take nioxin vitamins, use ovation, and apply castor oil/sulfur oil. I will be doing lots of ayurvedic pastes.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? I do plan to treat myself, but I want to also make it to waist length so I hope to stay disciplined.

Attachments

• DSCF1065.jpg
    DSCF1065.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: