BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

newnyer

Well I got my straggly ends cut/trimmed this weekend so I lost about an inch or so. Surprisingly I'm not upset about it because my hair does look much healthier & even looks to have a little more volume. So I'm sitting strongly @ APL again. LOL. Maybe I can up my hair game again and aim for BSB by December 31st! :)

ManiiSweetheart

OMG The original leave in conditioner is currently the ish melted all my tangles away and my hair feels great! I'll review further when I unbraid my hair in the morning!
Todays schedule was :
Shampoo
DC with heated cap
Warm rinse
Scalp massage with MN mix
Pm leave in to length
And almond oil to ends
Flat twisted

My hair feels soooo good !

naturalagain2

I did differently than what I planned this past weekend. I bought my first wig this weekend!! I prepooed with Silk Elements Olive Oil Treatment mixed with honey and EVOO. I let that sit for 2 hours then got under the dryer for 10mins before rinsing it out. Then I cowashed with WEN Tea Tree 2x. Then I blow dried my hair w/ Organix Coconut Anti Breakage Serum (love this stuff) and Aveda USC. Then cornrowed my hair (not the best but it will do) and I rocked my wig yesterday and today. I plan to wear it for the next two weeks and just moisturized my hair with Braid spray or Stay So Soft spray and seal with coconut oil. I plan to use my oil mix on my scalp 2 or 3 times a week.

Fhrizzball

I did differently than what I planned this past weekend. I bought my first wig this weekend!! I prepooed with Silk Elements Olive Oil Treatment mixed with honey and EVOO. I let that sit for 2 hours then got under the dryer for 10mins before rinsing it out. Then I cowashed with WEN Tea Tree 2x. Then I blow dried my hair w/ Organix Coconut Anti Breakage Serum (love this stuff) and Aveda USC. Then cornrowed my hair (not the best but it will do) and I rocked my wig yesterday and today. I plan to wear it for the next two weeks and just moisturized my hair with Braid spray or Stay So Soft spray and seal with coconut oil. I plan to use my oil mix on my scalp 2 or 3 times a week.

Do you have a picture of the wig? I'm contemplating trying one.

ManiiSweetheart

Getting better with M&Sing more often. tonight just to usually MN scalp massage, moisturizing with paul mitchell the conditioner and my hair still loove its ..but its only been 2 days so let me hush, and sealed with almond oil.

jprayze

I'm thinking about 3 inches to BSL, but I really need to measure it to be sure. I'm thinking I'm going to say June 2013 as my goal month. MBL December 2013 with no setbacks!

So I took in the mirror and realized I wear my bra now and like others, my bra is really MBL. So...by December 2013, I should knock out both milestones at once.

I may be 2 to 3 inches to BSB. I'm going to try BSB by Valentine's Day.

SN: I'm going to start taking pics with my hair shirt! The only thing is I bought a pink one and didn't realize it was going to have pink writing on it too...not the easiiest to see but it will give me some number guides...STAY tuned:grin:

SincerelyBeautiful

jprayze said:
So I took in the mirror and realized I wear my bra now and like others, my bra is really MBL. So...by December 2013, I should knock out both milestones at once.

I may be 2 to 3 inches to BSB. I'm going to try BSB by Valentine's Day.

SN: I'm going to start taking pics with my hair shirt! The only thing is I bought a pink one and didn't realize it was going to have pink writing on it too...not the easiiest to see but it will give me some number guides...STAY tuned:grin:

Hmmmmm...I thought about purchasing a hair shirt. Where did you get yours??

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

coolsista-paris

hey ladies! just wanna share (its been à long time).

hey all. for the first time since being natural im finally satisfied with my flat ironning result (did it before yesterday). not bone straight as i have fine hair. scared to burn it up! here are some pics (im getting excited cause its getting better and better)...after 10YEARS nl!!
by the way pics are from today. hair has started puffing ....

View attachment 172723

View attachment 172725

View attachment 172727

sorry for thé last one (my face!!!! i was acting.silly with hubby...)lol.

livinthevida

hey ladies! just wanna share (its been à long time).

hey all. for the first time since being natural im finally satisfied with my flat ironning result (did it before yesterday). not bone straight as i have fine hair. scared to burn it up! here are some pics (im getting excited cause its getting better and better)...after 10YEARS nl!!
by the way pics are from today. hair has started puffing ....

View attachment 172723

View attachment 172725

View attachment 172727

sorry for thé last one (my face!!!! i was acting.silly with hubby...)lol.
:hiya: coolsista-paris! Great hair & wonderful smile! ;)

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Hi ladies, I haven't posted in like forever but congratulations to everyone who made BSL. I made BSL but since I don't plan on straightening soon, I can't show y'all :ohwell: I gues we will have to wait till December

Evolving78

i have had this oil treatment since this morning. i guess i will rinse and wash tonight. i should jump in the shower right now. since i did an oil treatment this long, i will only dc for 10-15mins. i may do a light protein treatment first.

ImanAdero

I think I need to return to ApHogee's 2 minute reconstructor.

My hair seemed to so pretty well with it.

It maybe I'm just being impatient. I feel like I'll never REALLY be BSL. Hairnorexia is real y'all.

naturalagain2

I moisturized my cornrows last night with Sta-so-soft and seal with coconut oil. I GHE overnight. I let it air dry this morning before putting on my wig.

coolsista-paris

I think I need to return to ApHogee's 2 minute reconstructor.

My hair seemed to so pretty well with it.

It maybe I'm just being impatient. I feel like I'll never REALLY be BSL. Hairnorexia is real y'all.

since using it my hair has been wayyyyyyy better. no more bad breakage. it has good slip so i dc with it.. ive find à good protein moisture balance bye including it to my reggie. i understand you trust it ;-)

jprayze

Ok so still have a little bit of hope to make it to BSB by the end of the year. My bra is MBL.:look: and it is an extremely big gap between APL

So BSB is my immediate goal and I'm going to do the following 5 things to see how close I can get my the end of the year!

1. One more time to heat style/trim until the end of the year (except if I have to blow dry my hair before braids). Want to get a light trim so I don't have raggedy ends at BSB.:nono:
2. Continued Daily Use of MN either straight or mixed
3. Vitamins - 2x/daily Viviscal (just started 2 days ago), 1000 mcg biotin 1x/daily, Calcium Vit/D 2x/daily, and a multi vitamin (I split them up between breakfast, lunch, and dinner.)
4. Increased water intake. Drink 24oz of water first thing in the am and then continue from there.
5. Scalp massages with the EO blend for hair growth on my 'problem areas'
OOPS...make that 9!
6. Continued tea rinses to combat shedding and strengthen strands...alternating between chamomile and black
7. Lots of protective styling...BUNS, BUNS and more buns
8. Aiming to deep condition at least one a week! Alter Ego Garlic is one of my staples.
9. This is a hard one...no more length checks until I straighten in December for end of the year check ins!

livinthevida I did pick up some OCO, so I will be adding it to my regi as well.:grin:

Evolving78

where is Imani ?
i want to protective style for the rest of this month, but we will see this weekend. i just don't want to look like a fat squirrel with my bun.

ManiiSweetheart

**Update from MN 2012 Challenge***
If im thinking correctly BSB is a little shorter than BSL for me... and im thinking BSB is where your hair meets the curvature of your shoulder bone.. which i think i have reached or a little ways away... ANYWAYS Heres my progress pics since May .. Im not exactly sure why the pictures are out of order though

Im claiming BSB ladies :grin: and going to keep my hair in buns until my birthday (37 days) Hoping for super growth to BSL with the help of MN :lick:

growbaby

Got my trim! :) I'm so happy with it. Trimmed off about 1inch all around, don't think imma make BSL this year but I'm very satisfied. :yep:

image-1034201610.jpg