Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

aa9746

No Problem!:grin: Here is the link to Starr1's fotki. http://members.fotki.com/Starr1/about/
Her hair is amazing. Like I said before she is now Thigh Length and you should be able to see that in her LCHF Album. The fotki has the Tailbone Length and shorter pictures.

Enjoy!

Thanks, I need to review lengths. Is thigh past classic?

orchidgirl

She is off doing other things.... I think she needed a break. She did have some bad experiences on LHCF. The longer your hair gets it seems like haters come out of the woodwork!:lol: But I think she'll be back.:yep:

I hope so...would love to see her hair now...can't wait to see yours too candy828.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
She is off doing other things.... I think she needed a break. She did have some bad experiences on LHCF. The longer your hair gets it seems like haters come out of the woodwork!:lol: But I think she'll be back.:yep:

Oh is that right? Note to self, unsubscribe at WL. #DramaFree

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Candy828

Oh is that right? Note to self, unsubscribe at WL. #DramaFree

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

@pre_medicalrulz - Unfortunately at WL you still won't be DramaFree...:lol: I am so use to drama addicts I just don't listen... I love long hair and will always grow to my own liking.:grin: So, what I am trying to say.... Always do what you feel is best for you.

Candy828

Vintagecoilylocks

Hi ladies,

So good to see all the progress every one has had.

I will be backing out of this challenge. It is too far ahead of me.

I have really been over whelmed at the reality of how much hair I lost during the 5 years of shedding. I will be a fuzzy bear for a while as monthly I see the amount of new hairs poking out of my braids at all different lengths.

The braids have worked well. Some news though, I had reported being terminal at upper tailbone but I have noticed I have acheived some length these past 8 months. Feb 2012 will be a year from when I joined the challenge. I will see if the growth is significant enough to call it. It just may be my final fairytale length. But I am happy for that.

So I will park my self over at the new tailbone 2012 thread and patiently nurture my volume and to acheived full tailbone something with fairy tale ends. Lower tailbone would be if my hair rested on a chair when I sit.

I updated my siggy with a recent photo.

Here is one of my braids in a bun.

Keep growing that beautiful hair to longer lengths ladies.

Last edited:

Lita

Hi ladies,

So good to see all the progress every one has had.

I will be backing out of this challenge. It is too far ahead of me.

I have really been over whelmed at the reality of how much hair I lost during the 5 years of shedding. I will be a fuzzy bear for a while as monthly I see the amount of new hairs poking out of my braids at all different lengths.

The braids have worked well. Some news though, I had reported being terminal at upper tailbone but I have noticed I have acheived some length these past 8 months. Feb 2012 will be a year from when I joined the challenge. I will see if the growth is significant enough to call it. It just may be my final fairytale length. But I am happy for that.

So I will park my self over at the new tailbone 2012 thread and patiently nurture my volume and to acheived full tailbone something with fairy tale ends. Lower tailbone would be if my hair rested on a chair when I sit.

I updated my siggy with a recent photo.

Here is one of my braids in a bun.

Keep growing that beautiful hair to longer lengths ladies.

Vintagecoilylocks YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL...CL pony-tail its on the way....Keep growing!

Happy Hair Growing!

Candy828

Vintagecoilylocks Your hair is looking fabulous. I am sure you'll reach your TBL goal!:yep: I myself am thinking I will stop at Full Classic. I love the Classic Length look. After my setback I am almost back to Classic but it's going to take time to be full...But it is worth the wait though, I really love that length.:love2:

Vintagecoilylocks

Vintagecoilylocks Your hair is looking fabulous. I am sure you'll reach your TBL goal!:yep: I myself am thinking I will stop at Full Classic. I love the Classic Length look. After my setback I am almost back to Classic but it's going to take time to be full...But it is worth the wait though, I really love that length.:love2:

I have to completely agree with you. The Classic length is definately for me, the most powerful statement of lovely feminin beauty. The longer lengths fall into a breath taking category for me. Since I am a curly, reaching my Divine length( finger tip) stretched would give me that Classic braid. Hence Classic stretched will produce a nice tailbone length. Tailbone, however seems to be the length most woman can obtain. It is certainly the one seen in many literary graphics, paintings and movies. Its very pleasing to the eye. My daughter is currently 2 inches above waist with a goal of lower tailbone braided. Is there a new goal length called HBL getting used?
Is it between tail and Classic? I guess I am obsessing.

So for 2012 I will be staying with the TBL threads here and at Long hair Community aiming for full TB. The hairs I have beyond TB now are fairytale at this time so I will not be calling any new length for a long while. BUT they are nice to have. :drunk:

I am sure you will return to Classic soon. I haven't made my goal so I have no plans for how I would be maintaining if I did.

I will lurk over here and be rooting you and the ladies on to Classic and beyond:yep:

Lucia

@pre_medicalrulz - Unfortunately at WL you still won't be DramaFree...:lol: I am so use to drama addicts I just don't listen... I love long hair and will always grow to my own liking.:grin: So, what I am trying to say.... Always do what you feel is best for you.

pre_medicalrulz Candy828
Candy's right, those haterz always test people, but they usually stop once they see that no amount of hate is going to make their hair any longer or yours any shorter, it's just plain counterproductive to you if you're serious about getting healthy long hair.

Vintagecoilylocks

Have you been using braids as your protective style now? I like it. I'm going to start winterizing my hair tomorrow.

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

Vintagecoilylocks

Have you been using braids as your protective style now? I like it. I'm going to start winterizing my hair tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Since i have been natural I always wear my hair in braids. The mini braids are new for me and will most likely be wore the majority of the time. When they get to tedious I take a brake with larger braids.

Mz.MoMo5235

i've been thinking of pulling an amber rose again yall!!!

my hair gets so darn dirty and matted out here.

be happy i dont have access to scissors or clippers yall :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

ok, now that my hair is detangled and washed, my hair life isnt so bleak any more :lol:

in fact i do have to note that i actually got hair comments from two indian women. now while that doesnt seem like much, this is coming from women who live in a culture that A) doesnt like curly hair B) you dont speak to strangers, especially foreigners and C) my hair length is NOTHING compared to theirs and what they are used to seeing, especially when all shrunken up in the humidity lol

so, life is not bad now that my scalp is clean and the rats nest a top my head is gone lol

Miss*Tress

Hi there!:grin: Glad you stopped by.... I think the only Classic or near Classic Length that had a blog or fotki was jupitermoon. But I think she close them down. Starr is at Thigh Length and she has a fotki but I don't think she has updated it in a long time. The last pictures I saw were Tailbone Length.

HHG
If you're a member of LHC you can see Starr's profile pics: link

aa9746

ok, now that my hair is detangled and washed, my hair life isnt so bleak any more :lol:

in fact i do have to note that i actually got hair comments from two indian women. now while that doesnt seem like much, this is coming from women who live in a culture that A) doesnt like curly hair B) you dont speak to strangers, especially foreigners and C) my hair length is NOTHING compared to theirs and what they are used to seeing, especially when all shrunken up in the humidity lol

so, life is not bad now that my scalp is clean and the rats nest a top my head is gone lol

What comments did they make? Was it about length, style, texture, etc.? tia

Mz.MoMo5235

What comments did they make? Was it about length, style, texture, etc.? tia

aa9746

i was complimented on health. they assume most black women dont have hair and the ones that do (and indian women with curly hair are in this category too) have hard, crunchy, dry brittle hair. so they were surprised by the sheen and softness. they dont care about my length lmaon

Mz.MoMo5235

So I officially hate my hair life right now. I feel like just doing a chop to WL and starting over when I get state side. India has been my BIGGEST hair set back... EVER lmao FML

Sorry yall... Just a little hair depressed I guess

Lucia

So I officially hate my hair life right now. I feel like just doing a chop to WL and starting over when I get state side. India has been my BIGGEST hair set back... EVER lmao FML

Sorry yall... Just a little hair depressed I guess

Just go native, what tdo they do wash, condition, oil, braid or bun airdry done.

Mz.MoMo5235

Thats how I've beem doing but my hair is not liking it here. I have so much breakage its crazy! I've used heat ONCE since being here back in like my 2nd month here and that was a fail due to the humidity. All I wear are buns and braids, never too tight. I'm using powders with minimal success. I stopped using powders which made no difference.

My hair just wants to be in America I think lol. My last ditch effort was to have someone send my some Flintstone gummies to help (not just for my hair) and people come over while I'm sleeping and eat them like its candy cause we're so deprived lmao :lol:

The ONLY benefit to being here is all the weight I've lost from malnutrition lmfao :lol:

I hate my life right now!

WyrdWay

Mz.MoMo5235 said:
My hair just wants to be in America I think lol. My last ditch effort was to have someone send my some Flintstone gummies to help (not just for my hair) and people come over while I'm sleeping and eat them like its candy cause we're so deprived lmao :lol:

Girl you need to spit on your next bottle of them!

Mz.MoMo5235

I think I just might do that.

A bit OT, I got a concussion today. The front of my head is on swoll like I'm a freakin unicorn! I HATE MY LIFE!!! Lmao

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thats how I've beem doing but my hair is not liking it here. I have so much breakage its crazy! I've used heat ONCE since being here back in like my 2nd month here and that was a fail due to the humidity. All I wear are buns and braids, never too tight. I'm using powders with minimal success. I stopped using powders which made no difference.

The ONLY benefit to being here is all the weight I've lost from malnutrition lmfao :lol:

I hate my life right now!

:lachen:

I think I just might do that.

A bit OT, I got a concussion today. The front of my head is on swoll like I'm a freakin unicorn! I HATE MY LIFE!!! Lmao

Ow! How'd you manage to do that? Poor little unicorn. :bighug:

Mz.MoMo5235

The cleaning crew left hella water on my bathroom floor so when I got off of work at 5am and had to go potty I walked in there with my work shoes on instead of my shower flippy floppies and went head first into the wall and then the floor.

A few seconds later I woke up with my unicorn horn :(

brg240

omgosh mz.momo :( i'm so sorry that's what is going on. Maybe start covering your hair so it won't know you are still in india?