Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

Jobwright

I air dried 100% today with my hair completely loose, first time ever. I had to cook dinner so I ran out of time to band it or bun it. So now, I guess I will spray with Shea Moisture Yucca Boabab and seal with Vatika oil, then detangle massage, invert and tie it down for the night.. Lord, please give me what I need so my hair doesn't break or do something awful!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Brewed a refresher blend of:
Bamboo
Peppermint
Lavender
Rosehip
Will use that tonight and will massag my scalp.

faithVA

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];19073589]What did u buy from ingredients to die for?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I bought
---Vegemoist
---Marshmallow Moisture Balm
---Organicals Dew Drops
---Optiphen Plus
---Hazelnut Oil
---Organicals Healthy Locks

I've been wanting to try the Vegemoist and Marshmallow Moisture Balm for a while now. I need to figure out what I am going to try first.

faithVA

[USER=354339 said:
Jobwright[/USER];19073609]I mix 1 tsp each of marshmallow root, fenugreek and slippery elm powders in 2-3 cups boiling water. I usually put a couple of Rooibos and black tea bags in there as well. Cover, let it sit overnight so the powders can absorb the water well and make the mucilage that provides the slip we love so much. On wash day, I mix about 3-4 tbs of AOHSR with about 2tbs each of honey, AVG, sunflower oil. After that is mixed really well, I add 1 tsp Kapur powder, mix it well. Then add about a cup of the fenugreek, marshmallow, slippery elm mucilage. Mix it well and apply relaxer style to EVCO prepoo'ed hair. I save the remaining mucilage in a covered container in the fridge for the next wash day.

Thank You. I think I will try that mix of tea next time I make a brew.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Took a bazillion years but now that my broccoli seed and cottonseed oils have arrived, I have some plans :grin:

1. Test the cottonseed in the hair tonight via twisting for twistout tomorrow
2. Test the broccoli seed to take out twists tomorrow since its supposed to act as a silicon

If my hair aint breaking and falling out by the handful at the end of the day, I will add the broc to the tea spritz that contains silk peptides and add the cotton to the weekly tea/oil rinse :lick:

Wish these strands luck!

(yea this was probably better in the butters, grease, pomades thread but it overlaps and we all family in here :) )

HanaKuroi

I bought
---Vegemoist
---Marshmallow Moisture Balm
---Organicals Dew Drops
---Optiphen Plus
---Hazelnut Oil
---Organicals Healthy Locks

I've been wanting to try the Vegemoist and Marshmallow Moisture Balm for a while now. I need to figure out what I am going to try first.

I have a 32 oz of the marshmallow balm and haven't used it. I don't know how. Let me know what you do with it. The dew drops sound nice and I need to look up the vegemoist.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];19076631]I have a 32 oz of the marshmallow balm and haven't used it. I don't know how. Let me know what you do with it. The dew drops sound nice and I need to look up the vegemoist.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

You are supposed to apply it to your hair before you put on your leave-in. I did read on-line that someone purchased it and didn't know how to use it and they put it on dry hair. She loved it that way.

The vegemoist is a component in the Marshmallow Balm. You could technically buy all of the ingredients and make your own balm.

I will keep you updated when I use them. I thought about buying the 32 oz marshmallow balm. But I didn't want to buy that much and not like it. So I just purchased 2 oz which should be enough to test. Going to just put the vegemoist in water and use it as a spritz. It is a powder.

EnExitStageLeft

Just ordered:

Brahmi Powder
Amla Powder
Methi (Fenugeek) Powder
Bhrinhaj (Spell check lol) Powder

I plan to start doing Ayurvedic Prepoo's to help thicken my hair and reduce shedding. I can't wait!

mshoneyfly

EnExitStageLeft

Oh, I wasnt finished :giggle:

That a smart way to add ayurvedics esp when you already have all those great handmade DCs. You can totally use them as a prepoo. Good creative thinking, lady!!

Id like to know what you end up doing with the powders too

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ya'll!!!!! Cottonseed and Broccoli seed oils!!!.

The cottonseed penetrates and seems to 'moisten' strands. The broc kept my strands from too much tangling and snagging (not 100%) as my porous type 4 tends to do similar to a silicon! New staples!!!

OTN:Freshening my strands with a cowash:

pre-poo = keravada with a bunch of stuff in it :lol:
cowash = cheap condish + shikakai + ashwaganda powders
ACV
leave-in silk spritz = burdock, oolong, bamboo + grapeseed and camelia seed + silk peptides
Broccoli seed oil = seal

EnExitStageLeft

Nix08 and mshoneyfly

I plan to use them in a mixture of:

All 4 powders, coconut cream, coconut oil (Dabur Vatika Oil), and V05 Conditioner or Suave COnditioner

I'll slather it on dry hair, let it sit for a hour or two.....co-cleanse or shampoo....DC w/ steam (something moisturizing) and apply leave ins

Lita

Wash/Dc tonight 1hr..Claudies Kahve con,Kahve lotion to rinse,HH espressosell to moisturized,HH black coffee on length,on ends MD Amla hair cream..warm HH wild grow oil on scalp..Hair in 6braids/feels really silky...

Happy Hair Growing!

Brownie518

Did a rinse with Njoi Tea Rinse after my wash. Leave in was Claudie's Kahve leave in sealed with Kahve oil.

Next day, used a little HH Espressoself to moisturize. My hair is so soft and silky!!

Ravenhairedbeauty

Did a tea soak w/peppermint, rooibos, green tea, chamomile teas under Joico moisture recovery for an hour. Then cowashed out with VO5 calming chamomile tea condish, hair feels lovely

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
pre-poo = keravada with a bunch of stuff in it :lol:
cowash = cheap condish + shikakai + ashwaganda powders
ACV
leave-in silk spritz = burdock, oolong, bamboo + grapeseed and camelia seed + silk peptides
Broccoli seed oil = seal
Wanted volume so changed it up:

-Added SM Stregnthening DC mixed with indigo for 20 mins
-Moisture DC with AO blue camomile and rose mosqueta
-skipped the silk as I am heading towards protein overload
It worked--volumized and re-hydrated!

Also, the powders worked great with the V05 again.

Ravenhairedbeauty

Ladies is there a place online where I can order all the different teas like marshmallow root etc. I live in a small town and we don't have a place out here to get all the different teas you ladies are using, and I want to try them :)

mshoneyfly

Ladies is there a place online where I can order all the different teas like marshmallow root etc. I live in a small town and we don't have a place out here to get all the different teas you ladies are using, and I want to try them :)

Vitacost

Sometimes they have BOGO sales

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Added some of this keravada Ayurvedic oil mix to my castor oil because I was wearing my bun really low. Usually the CO leaves my hair itchy but adding the oils reduced the itching to nothing.

I'm liking this.

Please excuse my iPhone