October 2013 Hits & Misses

myronnie

MISS
What is up with these vendors charging priority shipping and shipping flat-rate. Uhhuh..I wasn't born yesterday..that is wrong!

NaturallyATLPCH

MISS
What is up with these vendors charging priority shipping and shipping flat-rate. Uhhuh..I wasn't born yesterday..that is wrong!

myronnie, I guess they think people are stupid...lol...FAIL. I am so over this shipping mess with some of these companies.

Hit: LACE Naturals Ayurvedic Spritz
I revisited this for my havana twists refresher spray and really like it. I don't like her $7.00 shipping though. :ohwell:

myronnie

NaturallyATLPCH yes, I don't think shipping prices are that common knowledge. I'll give her a pass because she refunded the difference and she's on etsy which has flat shipping charges for items.

KinkyRN

MISS: Using Candy Curls leave in and Styler on my hair when I know my hair hates Shea Butter!! Now my hair is mad as H$%L at me. I am officially purging all items out of my stash with Shea Butter in the first 5 ingredients. Learned my lesson!!

KinkyGenius

HIT
  • Claudie’s Hair Revitalizer Kpangnan Coconut Hydrating Deep Conditioner (thank you again NappyRina). Left my hair extremely moisturized. I don't detangle with my DC so I don't usually look for slip in my DC but this does have pretty decent slip.
  • That first wash after you've straightened and all your curls spring back, no heat damage in sight :lol:

MISS
  • The heavy scent of Claudie’s Hair Revitalizer Kpangnan Coconut Hydrating Deep Conditioner. I will get a few jars of this during BF but will get the unscented version
  • Straightening my natural hair. I've fully come to the realization that straight hair just is not for me. I simply do not enjoy it. The most I'll be doing for a while is blowing my hair out, I don't anticipate that I will straighten my hair again for a LONG time.

Last edited:

so1913

Hit:
Mahabhringaraj Oil (used for weekly overnight treatments)
Trim/shaping at Hair Rules Salon (done by A. Dickey)

KinkyGenius

MAJOR HIT
Hairitage Hydration Cocoaloe Hair Hydrator

This may just be my new staple moisturizer. I used this, sealed with my whipped shea butter and my twists are unbelievably soft. Not sure if I should credit this or the Claudie's DC I used last night but my hair is singing praises :lol:

myronnie

Hit:
Soultanicals Knot Sauce mixed with water and some aloe vera juice
GREAT detangler. VERY VERY good. I haven't been able to comb my hair without snags for a good minute since it's got longer and I was able to comb when using this mix as a spray! I'm happy I finally found a great use for it because I didn't like knot sauce as a straight leave-in but diluted it is great!!! I guess I'll be repurchasing :/

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Omgosh my Soultanicals just came yesterday! And I think I did order probably 2 months ago lol. I got the knot sauce and the detangling slip which I haven't even smelled or used. And also the marula muru and that stuff has this smell to it that I can not pin point and it doesn't smell good either. I dk maybe I'm just used to all the bakery smells in my products lol. And the consistency was very runny. It's thickened up some but am I supposed to mix it b4 every use? As I do see oil settling at the bottom of the jar.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

natura87

Ogoma

Hit/Continued Hit:
Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallow
Hairitage Hydration Carrot Cake Frosting
Lily of the Desert Aloe Jelly
Oyin Hair Dew

Neutral:
Hairitage Hydration Honey Hash
Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit
Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappuccino

cutenss

HIT: :)
Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Thickening Growth Milk--this is awesome on wet hair, dry hair, any hair. It makes my hair so moisturized and shiny. I bought one during the BOGO at CVS, but quickly went and bought two more, before the sale ended.

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque--using this as a leave-in gives my fine hair great definition.

Komaza Olive Oil Moisture Mask--rich and creamy moisturizing mask for my fine, natural strands.

ACV rinses--revisited favorite

Eating skittles as I type this out :look:

MISS: :(
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as a DC--no slip, no moisture, no nothing.

None of my CVS's having the SM Purfication masks as a BOGO :nono:

Ogoma

Continued Hit:
- Broccoli seed oil
- Ouidad Curl CoWash

Miss:
-Hairitage Hydration Esspressoself
- Learning a very expensive lesson
- The smell of Broccoli seed oil

myronnie

Ogoma what was your expensive lesson?

On the fence+
Curl Junkie Daily Fix
Hassle to rinse all the way out and makes my hair dry. I've used it 4 times now.

Ogoma

@Ogoma what was your expensive lesson?

On the fence+
Curl Junkie Daily Fix
Hassle to rinse all the way out and makes my hair dry. I've used it 4 times now.

Hauling products I have never used before :lol:. It is so inconvenient to get products from companies that don't ship to Canada, I just buy a lot and hope for the best. I am not going to do that any more. I am going to bother with vendors that ship to me.

Kindheart

Hit: This is probably the least popular Afroveda product but Power Oasis just rescued my dry ,knotty hair .:yep: i feels moisturized and silky. Good stuff

Miss:Fantasia IC gel ,this doesnt do anything for my hair ,it literally disappears after half an hour.Useless on my frizzy halo too .

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Kindheart

I have a Jar of this in the Fridge aka Fruit Cocktail. It has amazing ingredients. I can't wait to use it.

Based on the ingredients alone I know I will love it.

Thank you for the Review.:yep: