October 2013 Hits & Misses

hair4today

Miss: kckt as a detangler and leave in
Hit: oyin honey hemp as a detangler
Hit: qb ctdg as a detangler

wow, how could she not even give you a refund. smh
I am glad I saw IDareT'sHair post about opening a dispute w/ paypal or I probably would have waited too late too. smh
No apologies, no response when I inquired about my 'lost' packages. When I checked out her shipping policy, they have a disclaimer that they're not responsibile for lost packages, so yeah agree with IDareT'sHair, Sarenzo gets top honors as the worst vendor in the hair care game.:perplexed.

IronButterfly

MISS
Kera Vada's Whipped Leave-in
It's not very "whipped", pretty heavy and did not moisturize my hair at all. In fact, it left my hair feeling pretty stiff. I think it might be better used as a heavy sealant.

HIT
Pinning my roots down with bobby pins after twisting. Gives them a nice smooth look.

lovelycurls

Hits
HH soft coconut marshmallow leave in conditioner
HH customer service: A+, orders came very quick even though she had lots of orders cus of the sales.

Miss
Soultanicals service: placed order since oct 5, order status says shipped since the 14th, its the 22nd today, package hasn't Arrived!!!!!!
I'm a very patient customer, hardly complain about these vendors but this will be my LAST order from this company.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Miss:
No response from Sarenzo Beads to my emails. No response to my Paypal request either.

How does such an awful vendor stay in business?

Ogoma
I don't know but that is a hot mess. I saw a review from someone on YT whose reviews I trust talking about how great their stuff is. Before that I bought their burdock root cream based on praise on another forum.

Here is the thing her products smell really good. I bought that burdock cream and swore I loved it, cause it smelled good. Then it proceeded to occupy my fridge for three months untouched:lachen:.

Why? I bought me some Qhemet :rolleyes:.

Now I just haaaaad to get the chocolate covered butter though (after having thrown away the burdock cream) because my product pusha loved it so I am definitely going to love it too...:rolleyes:

Um. no. It looked nothing like it did in the video or in the picture on the website. This is exactly why I don't like to f**** around with lesser known vendors...but its the pj in me :nono:.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
@blackeyes31626

I learned my lesson from other folks on here.

When things with a Vendor look like they are heading South....

I immediately open a PayPal Dispute (for the record). :ohwell:

At least that puts them On Notice.:look:

Unfortunately, with some folks you gotta do that.:nono:

And I always ask for a Refund instead of a Replacement

IDareT'sHair

You are smart. You handle it like the military. :orders:

prettyinpurple

I've used CJ Rehab condish twice now and it's just okay. It has no slip and I like detangling with my DC. So it's back to my beloved babassu dc from brown butter beauty.

Britt

BIG OLE MISS:
Hairveda Sitrinillah. I was looking for another moisturizing dc to alternate with DB Pumpkin seed. I wash my hair in sections and applied this stuff and it just sat there on my strands, like a bump on a log.. Just sat there and did nothing... just... useless. No slip, no moisture, no .... nothing. I need something that will moisturize and help detangle. I will sell this or give it at away.

Hit:
Hairveda aloe whipped gel. This is a soft holding gel that's good for laying down my edges with a scarf. I'm sure it would work well with a braidout/twist out.

oneastrocurlie

Hits
HH soft coconut marshmallow leave in conditioner
HH customer service: A+, orders came very quick even though she had lots of orders cus of the sales.

Miss
Soultanicals service: placed order since oct 5, order status says shipped since the 14th, its the 22nd today, package hasn't Arrived!!!!!!
I'm a very patient customer, hardly complain about these vendors but this will be my LAST order from this company.

Didn't want to see this. I got the scrub bogo last Friday. Blah.

KinkyGenius

HIT
Shopping via the Hair Product Exchange - I'm loving that I can sample products from lines I've been wanting to try at discounted prices before committing to buying them directly from the vendors!

Last edited:

chelleypie810

Bantu knots on 11weeks post hair. Trying to transition and this keeps me from having to deal with edges and my thick roots

Garnier fructis creme gel- good hold

Beautiful textures moisture butter whipped creme- good def and hold. Works well with GF creme gel

Still looking for an edge gel smh. Thinking of trying the proclaim edge gel or eden body works coconut shea edge stuff.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hit:

HH Liquid Gold Cake Batter sealed with Hairveda Almond Glaze. Hair is still soft after a couple days.

kupenda

Hit: Silk Dreams Shea What dc. The smell is stronger than I remember. Like lemon sugar cookies. I love it! My hair is happy and so is my finicky nose.

Hit: HH Pink Grapefruit Punch conditioner. I've used it to dc and I really like it. Plus I get lots of compliments on the smell, which surprised me. Its not strong. And the color is pretty. A dusty lavender. One reason I like it so much is cuz I have nail polish that matches it lol

So so: HH Caramel Frappucino butter. Meh. Im not so sure I like it. Its just ok

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Bantu knots on 11weeks post hair. Trying to transition and this keeps me from having to deal with edges and my thick roots

Garnier fructis creme gel- good hold

Beautiful textures moisture butter whipped creme- good def and hold. Works well with GF creme gel

Still looking for an edge gel smh. Thinking of trying the proclaim edge gel or eden body works coconut shea edge stuff.

chelleypie810 Curls Passionfruit Control Paste is the ONE thing that works for my DD's edges when nothing else (including Hick's and Pravana) would work.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Miss: Not receiving my hairitage hydration package yet

Hit: My Magic Star Rake Comb has been helping me with this forest on my head.

TeeBee

HIT. Using my Denman brush on this week's Braidout. Yields fluffier hair on me!!
HIT. KeraVada is everything!! My hair is so silky smooth as smells so darn good.
HIT. Making 3 hair related purchases in the same week and Hubby not saying a WORD.

EnExitStageLeft

HIT:

Pink Eco Styler Gel.......Gives a good hold without the crunchy finish. Just bought a 32 ounce not even a hour ago! :love:'ing the price

Being able to knock down my BF Wish list

Miss:

Not being able to cornroll......HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE DO THAT?!:wallbash:

TeeBee

HIT: Pink Eco Styler Gel.......Gives a good hold without the crunchy finish. Just bought a 32 ounce not even a hour ago! :love:'ing the price Being able to knock down my BF Wish list Miss: Not being able to cornroll......HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE DO THAT?!:wallbash:
I can't do it either. My fangas be all confrused :( siiigghhh...

Beamodel

HIT
Keravada Brahmi oil
Henna Treatments

Every since I incorporated both of these, I no longer shed. I'm not sure which one is doing the trick, but I like both of them