October 2013 Hits & Misses

curlyhersheygirl

Hey divas 1 more month before the biggest shopping season for PJ's :lol: Lets list what's working and what's not to help each other narrow down ( or increase :look: ) our BF shopping lists.

Destiny9109

Miss: Ordering from paynesbeautysupply.com. This was my first time ordering from them I decided to try them out because of all the good reviews, and because they were black owned. It's been 4 days and I have not received a tracking number, when I called either no one answered or they would pick up the phone and hang up. Never again!

curlyhersheygirl

Miss: Ordering from paynesbeautysupply.com. This was my first time ordering from them I decided to try them out because of all the good reviews, and because they were black owned. It's been 4 days and I have not received a tracking number, when I called either no one answered or they would pick up the phone and hang up. Never again!

Destiny9109 I've never heard of this company. I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope you can either get some answers or get your money back. Lack of customer service is always a huge miss.

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Hits:

Tension blowdrying

A comb

Ouidad Curl Co-Wash

Continued Hits:

Camille Rose Moisture Milk

JBCO coconut

Qhemet Biologics BRBC

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED Current HITS:
KeraVada Oils
Hairveda's Conditioners i.e. MoistPRO, Moist 24/7 Acai Phyto Berry, Sitrinillah
Hairveda's Almond Glaze Pomade
Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Raspberry Deep Conditioner
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Haitian Black Castor Oil
Claudie's Frappe Hair Lotion

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Continued Hits:

Hairtage Hydration Carrot cake Icing, Soft Coconut Marshmallows

Hairveda Whipped Creme Ends, Hairveda Almond Glaze, Vatika Frosting
Pomade Shop Peppermint Pomade and Rosemary Pomade

New Hit
Komaza Care Protein Strengthener
PBN Cupuacu Butter
Sunflower Oil for Prepoo and Sealing

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
New Hit
Technique: Air drying in 2 big braids when I don't feel like roller setting. Feels good to have a backup go-to-style.

Revisited Hit
Product: AO GBP & HSR conditioners

curlyhersheygirl

CONTINUED Current HITS:
KeraVada Oils
Hairveda's Conditioners i.e. MoistPRO, Moist 24/7 Acai Phyto Berry, Sitrinillah
Hairveda's Almond Glaze Pomade
Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Raspberry Deep Conditioner
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Haitian Black Castor Oil
Claudie's Frappe Hair Lotion

IDareT'sHair These are :lick: I need to get 2 more fenugreek and I'll try them in different scents this time.

IronButterfly

HIT:
HH Espressoself!:lick::lick::lick: Moisturizing and smells good. Def a BF repurchase.

MISS:
Spending $50 on diapers instead of more Espressoself.:sad:

biancaelyse

Hit: Loreal 5x Conditioner

Ongoing Hit: Fenugreek hair mask. I like it even better than henna!! My hair is so shiny and sleek!! Even my kids noticed.

Rozlewis

Oil rinsing. HUGE MISS! NEVER AGAIN

kupenda, what happened with the oil rinse? I have been doing them for the last month and I like it. I apply tea, oil, and then conditioner on top of that. Leave on for about 5 min and rinse. Hair feels like butta.

curlyhersheygirl

Oil rinsing. HUGE MISS! NEVER AGAIN

kupenda, what happened with the oil rinse? I have been doing them for the last month and I like it. I apply tea, oil, and then conditioner on top of that. Leave on for about 5 min and rinse. Hair feels like butta.

I was just going to ask the same thing. That is exactly how I do it as well sometimes minus the tea and my results are always great. kupenda Do you think it may be the oils you're using?

kupenda

curlyhersheygirl Rozlewis
I used too much oil. Getting it out of my hair took forever, even after using a conditioner. I went to bed the same way I usually do when im lazy, with a plastic cap and my turbie towel over top. Oil was everywhere. Apparently I didnt rinse well enough because I had an entire oil reserve at my roots and on my scalp. My hair felt super soft and yummy but the frustration it caused wasn't worth it. I used coconut and olive oil. Even now I can feel some oil behind my ears and on the back of my neck despite another cowash this morning. How much oil are you guys using??

NaturallyATLPCH

Hits: V05 Clarifying Conditioner for cowashing, coconut oil, Shea Moisture Purification Mask

I will not be without these products. Evah!!

Lita

Surprise Hits-

*Loreal-Total repair 5 con,nice rinse-out & conditioner..Leaves your hair really full..

*Loreal-Total repair mask balm..Nice Dc mask,it dose contain a con,but it strengthen..

*Loreal-Hyaulanic con-This leaves your hair super/super/super soft/detangle too...A must repurchase..

*Loreal-Hyaulanic Rush Mask..This is nice as well,gives a deeper moisture treatment on thirsty hair....Nice to use after protein treatments/henna/Ayurvedic powders...Brings hydration to your hair...

New Hits-

*Shea Moisture-Curl Hibiscus Conditioner...This worked very well at con,I also like it as a rinse-out...Detangle/moisturized....Great to keep on hand.

*KeraVada-Souffle leave in..Nice/wet cream,little goes a long way,smells yummy..nice on the length....Reminds me of Qhemet..

*Sisters Keepers-Organic Black poo...I love this..Really cleans your scalp/used it on my body too...My hair didn't feel stripped..Little goes a long way..

*Heritage Hydration-Espressoself..This is an incredible moisturizer..Providing great slip/softness..Love,Love the texture,very creamy,absorbs well,no residue..New staple

*Honey Hash con-This is medium/thick texture lotion,not sticky,melts tangles,gives a nice tingle 'pine oil' moisturizes..

Continued Hits-

*Fenugreek-Can't beat the conditioning effects/soft hair & shine..Can't beat it..Staple.

*Darcys-Pumpkin con.Staple...Still in the top 5,for rinse-outs..It's a nice weekly conditioner too..

*As I Am-Cleansing pudding....Love,Love this..Staple..Cleans/detangles/softens..

*Heritage Hydration-Black Coffee,nice/smooth..I like it on my scalp,after a spritz..

*Heritage Hydration-Carrot Icing...I like this on my lower length/ends..keeps the knots away..

*Heritage Hydration-Big City punch..I like this spray.,It's my new staple..Softens my roots @ can use it year round...Plays well with everything..

Strange Hit-
*Miss Jessie's Butter cream..This did a wonderful job on my ends..Stayed soft detangle for days....Small jar in my area is $5.99,that's not bad..Don't like the smell..The free sample I had,did ok on my hair...I can put this in rotation with my hair grease fall/winter..For the lower length oft hair.
Miss-

*Mixed Chicks-Leave-in...Sorry,it was ok..Nonthing to write home about..I'll pass forever..Over priced nonsense.

*Sisters Keepers-Leave in..This would be ok,for a roller set,but it left a very coated Feeling..I'll try it one more time...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Rozlewis

curlyhersheygirl Rozlewis
I used too much oil. Getting it out of my hair took forever, even after using a conditioner. I went to bed the same way I usually do when im lazy, with a plastic cap and my turbie towel over top. Oil was everywhere. Apparently I didnt rinse well enough because I had an entire oil reserve at my roots and on my scalp. My hair felt super soft and yummy but the frustration it caused wasn't worth it. I used coconut and olive oil. Even now I can feel some oil behind my ears and on the back of my neck despite another cowash this morning. How much oil are you guys using??

kupenda, I layer my oil between tea and conditioner. I probably use a quarter size amount of oil on both sides of my hair. I split my hair down the middle and apply the oil to one side at a time. I hope this makes sense.

kupenda

kupenda, I layer my oil between tea and conditioner. I probably use a quarter size amount of oil on both sides of my hair. I split my hair down the middle and apply the oil to one side at a time. I hope this makes sense.

Yes that makes sense. So yeah, I used too much oil. I used conditioner afterwards but it didnt have much of an effect. Maybe ill try again this weekend. Thanks! Rozlewis

Healthb4Length

Hit-Wella color charm liquid creme permanent color in black cherry-- provides excellent gray coverage! It smelled pretty weird like a mix of chemical and flowers but it didn't dry my hair out, drip all over the place and the color came out evenly.

Big fat misses

CHI Nourish Intense shampoo & conditioner- big let down, I was underwhelmed by both these items, the shampoo wasn't moisturizing nor did it strip my hair, it just was blah. The conditioner just sat on my hair, no smoothing action/slip/manageability no nothing.

I've been on a PJ spree in what I've dubbed the Gel/Leave-in Olympics for the last few days... :look:

Miss: Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle. Not enough hold for me. It felt more like a cream to me. Plus the smell is nauseating.

Hits:
-KCCC and KCKT, gave me perfectly defined hair that lasted for 5 days and could have gone another day if I didn't want to wash/try inversion. I had a woman do a U-turn on day three to ask about my hair.

-Ecostyler with Argan Oil. I'm hoping this won't dry my hair out, but so far it's giving me similar results to KCCC. I'm not saying this is a dupe, but my hair looks the same with this.

-TJ Nourish and Spa Conditioner. Great as always. I just re-upped my stash to try this as a leave-in under my Ecostyler and possibly the KCCC since it doesn't have any cones

Lukewarm: Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler. Not sure how I feel about this. Especially since it has the forbidden mineral oil, which I haven't used in years.

On an unrelated note, the Sally's employees in my town are off the chain. There's always drama with the SA's and customers. SMH. A cashier was yelling so bad at a customer today that she started crying. I work with the public so I know how it is, but dang! No need to go so hard especially when the lady didn't even have an attitude!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Miss: Shescentit Macadamia Fixing Gel: My hair absorbed this like it was water and was like, "Thanks for the drink." :lick: No hold whatsoever.

Beamodel

Continued Hit

Hairitage Hydrations
Pink Grapefruit DC - super moisturizing, super slip, smells divine. Simple ingredients :)

Ogoma

Hit:
I am really loving the Bask Curacao Body Butter dip on my ends and my skin.

Pros: I don't like using butter on my hair because it can leave it so greasy, but this has been fabulous. It does not feel greasy or weighed down and smells great.

Con: I wish they had better/more frequent sales.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Continued Hit and Comeback Kid:

Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

Moisturizing detangling and I have a large size IN A JAR that will last me a while. My hair is SO happy.

Continued Hit:

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream

Very softening for my hair, and my scalp loves this too! :yay:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Revisited Hit:

Hairveda Almond Glaze on ends: I forgot how great grease is for my ends. I will definitely re-up on this stuff during Blk friday. Butters are good and sink into my hair like oil...this grease coats my ends and keeps them soft, which I love.