Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2010 Edition

Aggie

I just steam Dc'ed with Joico Moisture recovery Treatment mixed with a little Silicon Mix after my henna treatment.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Yesterday, I skipped my protein step and just DCed overnight with with Nexxus Humectress, Aloe Vera Juice, Wheat Germ Oil, and Amla Oil.
I can't stand that wheat germ smell, but I hope I can get used to it, because it made my hair feel so nice and soft.

mEmYSELFaNDj

dc'd today with my steamer and as always it was soft as heck afterwards. Next dc will either be wednesday or thursday.

Sorry ladies im not in this challenge thought this was the fall steaming challenge thread clicked into the wrong one. oopsy!

Last edited:

AlliCat

Yesterday I DC'd with HairOne. The directiosn say the longer you leave it on the better it works, so I saw that as an excellent DC opportunity to ge tthe most bang for my buck. It mnade my hair soo soft and I enjoyed the tingle. Left it on for about 4 hrs. Today my hair is fully dry and super soft. Love it! Next DC will be wednesday

Aggie

I deep conditioned after my relaxer today with Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner mixed with a little bit of Alter Ego Garlic Treatment for an hour and a half. The UBH conditioner left my scalp feeling really tingly:lick:.

winona

I deep conditioned after my relaxer today with Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner mixed with a little bit of Alter Ego Garlic Treatment for an hour and a half. The UBH conditioner left my scalp feeling really tingly:lick:.

^^Aggie when did you get a relaxer again? How do you like it? Was this you intent when you went natural (to eventually relax again)? If not what made you decide that relaxing was the best option for you?

Last night I was suppose to steam but I got too lazy and didnt want to be excessively rough with my hair so I wrapped it up until this morning. This morning steamed with homemade conditioner that I added more glycerin and agave too for 30mins

grow

i dc'd overnight with my Curl Junkie again...lovin it and this time i added some ceramides (whgo, kukui and hemp oils) and some jbco to my hair first, so it was like a hot oil overnight dc as well.

i've got a detangling session coming up and always like to start it off with alot of oil, like oil rinsing, first.

Aggie

^^Aggie when did you get a relaxer again? How do you like it? Was this you intent when you went natural (to eventually relax again)? If not what made you decide that relaxing was the best option for you?

Last night I was suppose to steam but I got too lazy and didnt want to be excessively rough with my hair so I wrapped it up until this morning. This morning steamed with homemade conditioner that I added more glycerin and agave too for 30mins

I relaxed yesterday winona and yes it was my intentions all along to relax again but not this soon. I was hoping to do so January 2011 or at the very earliest for my birthday next month. Relaxing is better for me because I actually lost too much hair and time as a natural when I detangled. My hair is actually texlaxed. It still has quite a bit of texture still left in it but not to the point where I get frustrated detangling it. It is much easier to handle now. Whew!

Last edited:

winona

I relaxed yesterday winona and yes it was my intentions all along to relax again but not this soon. I was hoping to do so January 2011 or at the very earliest for my birthday next month. Relaxing is better for me because I actually lost too much hair and time as a natural when I detangled. My hair is actually texlaxed. It still has quite a bit of texture still left in it but not to the point where I get frustrated detangling it. It is much easier to handle now. Whew!

Thanks for the info. I was actually thinking about relaxing awhile ago but it just seemed like more work and I am oooh so lazy. You do have a good point about easier detangling sessions. Since I wear my up 90% time(lately bun) with work I havent really had to make a decision yet. My only goal starting this HHJ was to have a fat a$$ bun:)

bimtheduck

Saturday I sat under the dryer for 30 min w silk elements mega silk and didn't rinsse out until the next day. Applied HE LTR and air dried.

Tonight I sat under the dryer for 30 min w Aussie Moist 3 min miracle and Nexxus Humectress hydrating treatment deep conditioner. Letting it sit now and I'll rinse before I go to bed and air dry over night in 8 braids.

winona

Today I washed my hair for this week and then

Steamed for 40min with AOWC, glycerin and SAA

my hair feels so buttery soft in my bun

bimtheduck

Just sat under the dryer for 20 min with aussie moist 3 min miracle. I'm gonna leave the processing cap on, wrap my head up in a satin scarf and satin bonnet and leave it in overnight. I hope this is the DC that brings my hair back from the dead (protein overload). Crossing my fingers!

Brownie518

I DC with the last of my SSI Olive & Orange Nourishing conditioner. Used that up. I didn't have enough for a full head so I filled in with Jasmine's Avocado & Silk :lick:

Last edited:

Vintageglam

Prepooed with PK Elastizer extreme
Did a hard protein with Dudleys DRC 28
Steam Dcing with mix of Joico moisture recovery, ceramides and hairveda stranillah :lick:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Saturday: Did a protein tx with a mix of Aphogee 2 min, Alfaparf Rigen and a squirt of Aphogee 2 step. DC'ed with ORS replenishing, 2 hrs no heat.

Today: protein tx with Aphogee 2 min, DC with ORS replenishing.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Will be dcing overnight then steaming in the morning with my Jessicurl WDT and ayurvedic powder and oil mix.

AlliCat

Last night DC'd with the last of my Matrix Boilage Hydrating Balm, Optimum conditioner, and Elasta QP DPR. Won't be repurchasing any of these & glad to throw out 3 empty bottles

Vintageglam

Steam DCing today. Will pre-poo first with my MT/Castor Oil scalp concoction and PK Elasticizer, rinse with Kalpitone and then do a moisture treatment. Follow with leave ins, seal and twist up until next week.