DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLisa

Three hours plus (by accident, got caught up with doing chores) with Joico mix [Body Luxe/Moisture Recovery/KPak]. Will spritz hair lightly all around with Joico liquid protein reconstructor and finish off with hairveda whipped cream & cocosta oil.

Aggie

Add me to the challenge Aggie :grin: I just recently got sprung on AO Honeysuckle Rose. I saw my curlies for the first time in a long time :love:

Will do honey and welcome to the challenge. Good luck and don't forget to incorporate some type of protein conditioner in your regimen when needed, okay?

jaded_faerie

I'd love to join this challenge. I plan to deep con 3x a week (Sun, Wed, Fri) with hairveda products. So far my hair is LOVING it.

lennet93

I'm DC'ing with Praital Silk Worm on dry hair without heat for a few hours. I've been DC'ing at least twice a week and my hair is loving it. I haven't been using heat but I've been Dc'ing for several hours. I hope I'm getting the same benefit.

chebaby

im deep conditioning right now on dry hair with carols daughter black vanilla smoothie for a couple of hours after this i will shampoo with tui shampoo nd then deep condition with heat for 30 minutes with ORS replenishing pak.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Shampood with GVP Extra Gentle and dc'd with Kenra Platinum Shea Butter Reconstructor :lick: for an hour with heat

MsElise

DC'd with a mix of ORS, neem and amla oil for 2 hrs no heat, after a pre poo of VO5 Raspberry then a 1/2 poo 1/2 water application of Groganics shampoo. Roller set and I'm letting it air dry now. Gonna do a saran wrap after that and put my wig on in the morning.

Aggie

I'm DC'ing with Praital Silk Worm on dry hair without heat for a few hours. I've been DC'ing at least twice a week and my hair is loving it. I haven't been using heat but I've been Dc'ing for several hours. I hope I'm getting the same benefit.

lennet93, I would recommend alternating some of your DCs with heat for added benefit. They don't necessarily have be very long, about 30 minutes would be perfect with a little heat:yep:.

Aggie

im deep conditioning right now on dry hair with carols daughter black vanilla smoothie for a couple of hours after this i will shampoo with tui shampoo nd then deep condition with heat for 30 minutes with ORS replenishing pak.

chebaby, how is the bolded working for your hair and are you natural or relaxed?

lennet93

lennet93, I would recommend alternating some of your DCs with heat for added benefit. They don't necessarily have be very long, about 30 minutes would be perfect with a little heat:yep:.

Will do! I'm going to under the dryer right now:yep:

chebaby

chebaby, how is the bolded working for your hair and are you natural or relaxed?
this is the first time i've used it as it is a new addition to the carols daughter collection. im going to wash it out now and i will tell you how it turns out. what i can say is that over a year ago before i found this site i used he smoothies before they were new and improved and i didnt like it. it was like shea butter so it was really hard to spread and back then i didnt have a hooded drier so that could have been it too.

MzWill

DC'd Monday (heat 30 min) & Saturday (no heat 2 hrs) with J/A/S/O/N sea kelp, honeyquat & castor oil. Can't wait til my shipment arrives this week so I can try AO HSR :yep:

Last edited:

MzWill

Thank you for having me on this site and in this challenge im excited. I will check this out. I paid 22.00 for the one I have here, but it seems like really good stuff.

Welcome to LHCF, Wanny! Was the $22 for an AO product? If so, waaaay too much get on over to vitacost quick!!!!

poeticmusiqu

Week One: January 4-January 10: Hey everybody Im just checking in. Last week I deep conditon my hair on sunday and friday. I was supposed to do it on wednesday but I missed it due to personal issues but I still made it twice a week yey! I really like this challenge and my hair is thanking me for it. Already my hair has stop breaking so much so that is a huge plus. This evening I will be deep conditioning my hair with UBH conditioner for 30 minutes under the hood dryer.

silentdove13

Hi everyone. I dc'd twice this week. Once, I wrapped and let air dry and the second one I did on ednesday, I let roller set air dry. I wish I knew where my charger was for my camera I would show some pics. Anyways. I have the metalic rollers and Had them in from when I went to bed on Wednesday night/morning until I felt like taking them out on Friday since I was going to go out. Well I did not go out until today for church, so I had my head wrapped in a silk scarf and combed it a little this morning. ell when my mom came home from work, she asked if I had done a perm the other day, but I said, "No mommy, I just washed it and dc'." She really likes the results. Well my next dc is on Tuesday to prep for a job interview on Thursday.

I also have a question for anyone who can answer this. I am going for a perm/relaxer on Saturday with a dc, rinse, and trim (already deducted an inch from my starting point in pic b/c my hair dresser was on vacation). How long do you wait after a relaxer to do you next dc?

shoediva2006

Hey ladies,

I'm checking in for the week. I deep conditioned this morning for an hour with ORS Replenishing conditioner while I cooked breakfast. My next conditioning treatment will be on Wednesday. I will be using this method I found on youtube. I pretty sure she is a member here because I remember viewing her flat iron method and earrings on her fotki. Plus this looks like a bunch of LHCF deep conditioning methods rolled up in one. I never thought about using an applicator brush to apply my conditioner. This would really help getting to that natural hair in the middle. I'm always worried that I'm not getting enough conditioner on that hair beacuse it's semms so thick. I thought I would share. See you guys next week. Good look and have a blessed week.

BTW: Sorry if someone posted this already. I haven't read through the whole thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NegFfvnthBg&feature=channel

Last edited:

Amelia456

Just checking in!
I am dcing as i write with a mixture of Nexxus Humectress, Honey, Jojoba Oil, and Aloe Vera Juice. I have been doing this religously every week, although I have not been checking in :nono:.
Oh, I will be posting pics soon:yep:.

Aggie

Hi everyone. I dc'd twice this week. Once, I wrapped and let air dry and the second one I did on ednesday, I let roller set air dry. I wish I knew where my charger was for my camera I would show some pics. Anyways. I have the metalic rollers and Had them in from when I went to bed on Wednesday night/morning until I felt like taking them out on Friday since I was going to go out. Well I did not go out until today for church, so I had my head wrapped in a silk scarf and combed it a little this morning. ell when my mom came home from work, she asked if I had done a perm the other day, but I said, "No mommy, I just washed it and dc'." She really likes the results. Well my next dc is on Tuesday to prep for a job interview on Thursday. I like this right here:yep:.

I also have a question for anyone who can answer this. I am going for a perm/relaxer on Saturday with a dc, rinse, and trim (already deducted an inch from my starting point in pic b/c my hair dresser was on vacation). How long do you wait after a relaxer to do you next dc?

Give it at least 3 or 4 days afterwards. Your hair will still be in it's neutralizing state during this time but you will be able to wash and DC after 3 days for sure to avoid your hair reverting.

Ozma

I am doing a "shortcut" prepoo/DC right now.
Using evoo, coconut oil, and ORS mayo
Next, a clarifying cowash (baking soda), leave-in, and Vaseline to seal

Aggie

I am doing a "shortcut" prepoo/DC right now.
Using evoo, coconut oil, and ORS mayo
Next, a clarifying cowash (baking soda), leave-in, and Vaseline to seal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are clarifying your hair after you deep condition it? If you are, this backward and all you're doing is removing the wonderful moisturizing benefits and effects of your DC treatment by clarifying it afterwards. I would clarify before the DC, okay?

bluwatersoul

DC yesterday with ORS replenishing, honey and coconut oil for two hours doing chores. rinsed and followed up with scalp rub of MT and bhingraj oil; put ends cream and cocasta on my hair and let air dry.

Ozma

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are clarifying your hair after you deep condition it? If you are, this backward and all you're doing is removing the wonderful moisturizing benefits and effects of your DC treatment by clarifying it afterwards. I would clarify before the DC, okay?

okay, thanks
I usually just try to clean the scalp with a little baking soda paste, not my hair

chebaby

aggie,
i just wanted you to know that the carols daughter black vanilla smoothie is amazing. my hair came out so soft and silky. this is now a staple of mine and will replace my banana brulee.

Status
Not open for further replies.