February 2012...What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Living Proof No Frizz Styling Cream (re-up)
Jane Carter Revitalizing spray leave in (re-up)
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine (re-up)

southerncitygirl

i hope my products arrive on monday, claudies sent me usps shipping notice on thurs.:

Murumuru Acai Butter
Isha Hair Cream
Balancing End Insurance
Balancing Quinoa Coffee Hair Cream

MarieB

Two packages of blue and green long Curlformers (I bought the short ones last week, and had too much straight hair hanging out the ends) and a bottle of Mixed Silk Leave-in conditioner.

Aggie

I bought nothing other than my wig called "Shelly" by Beshe from www.elevatestyles.com. I can't wait for it to get here. If I like it, I will have to order another one or two before they stop making them. I love curly afro-looking wigs:grin:.

jillybean2012

@jillybean2012 Ors Edge control didn't work for you ???? good stuff :) I put it in my hand like grease, mush it and then put it on my hair edges . :)

JJamiah

I have some but I have been debating about trying it. I had heard that it didn't work so well. It really isn't just my edges either. I am really trying to smooth my hair over my edges until I can get them to grow back in(or nap back up) sufficiently. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous by the way...:grin:

Ann0804

Horsetail, rosemary, nettle, and fenugreek teas for rinses.
Flaxseeds- I'm going to try making my own hair gel.

LexaKing

mdcitygurl said:
I purchased Mizani intense H20, henna, 100% jojoba oil, and an instyler.

mdcitygurl I was looking at both Mizani Intense H20, and the coconut soufflé and I ended up buying the soufflé because it can be used daily. I would still love to know how the intense H20 works, please let me know :) The soufflé is great and light.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Curls Serum
Jane Carter leave in...on the fence about it...

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

Nice Lady

Reloaded:

Vitamins
Nature Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing Conditioner
Nature Gate Tea Tree Conditioner for co-washing
Desert Essence Shea Butter Conditioner
Desert Essence Coconut Oil Conditioner

Aggie

I bought a few things online today:

AO Island Natural Conditioner
AO Blue Chamomile Hydrating Conditioner
Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gel
Lily Of The Desrt Aloe Vera Juice
Now Vitamins L-Cysteine Vitamins
Now Vitamins MSM 1500mg Vitamins
Now Roseamry Essential Oil
Now Tea Tree Essential Oil
Vitacost Lavender Essential Oil
Vitacost Vitamin C 1000mg
Nature's Alchemy Peppermint Pure Essential Oil

I went a little overboard today - couldn't seem to stop myself. Now I need a good tourmaline/ceramic curling iron but I will save that for next month:yep:

JJamiah

@JJamiah

I have some but I have been debating about trying it. I had heard that it didn't work so well. It really isn't just my edges either. I am really trying to smooth my hair over my edges until I can get them to grow back in(or nap back up) sufficiently. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous by the way...:grin:

jillybean2012 THanks so much :)

Please try it out :) you might have found your go to :)

mdcitygurl

Mizani H20 Intense saved me from insanity. Was having issues and couldn't figure out why my hair was crunchy. Board suggested I needed moisture and they were dead on!

Starting Sunday I did a Henna treatment for 2.5 hours, then used silk elements leave in and sat under dryer. Finally combed through - only 3 broken hairs!!

Next, used instyler for first time - Love, love, love it! In fact, I hid it in my closet so my daughter doesn't find it. Lastly, parted hair, rubbed small amount of Mizani on each ponytail, making sure the ends were covered and then wrapped hair.

That Mizani cost me $18.99 but it was worth it. It is not oily or heavy and you only need a small amount. It says to use 3x per week. I will upload pics later.

Lissa0821

I bought Creme of Nature argan oil shampoo, conditioner and leave in. I hope it works as good as it smells with my hair.

Cendra

More raw honey and aloe gel to replace a batch of shea butter emolient that my mom and aunt raved over when I visited them last weekend.
Must be doin' somethin' right!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Marie Dean
Argan Hair Creme

Claudie
Hairline & Temple Revitalizer
Frappe
Tropical Creme Rinse

Shi-Naturals
Creamy Leave-In
Tea Spritz x2