Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I would like to join this challenge:

Start Date: December, 2015
End Date: December, 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:
Jawbone length

Ultimate Hair Length Goal:
Waist Length

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):
I love Lisa Bonet's style and her hair length as in my Siggy.

Regimen:
Co-Wash - Daily w Rusk Conditioner
Shampoo - 1x per week as needed
Leave-In - Soft Sheen Carson Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion

Styler - EcoStyler (Green)
Setting - Aveda Flaxseed Hairspray or

Extras to help get to goal faster:
Low manipulation, tying my head at night, no heat and no cuts.

What you will do once you reach goal:
Reach for a the next goal, which will be collar bone length.

trclemons

@Lucia

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond: Diamond

Start Date: January 2016

End Date: December 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: MBL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: TBL

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): Personal dream

Regimen: LCO, massage scalp & baggy overnight daily; PrePoo DC & CW on Tuesdays; Alternate between PrePoo DC & CW and Oil PrePoo & Shampoo on Saturdays; Invert 1 week/month.

Extras to help get to goal faster: Eat a balanced diet, walk during the week days, drink 1/2 my weight in water daily.

What you will do once you reach goal: Take a celebration picture & continue to the next hair length goal.

Last edited:

traceedeebee

I will be doing the inversion method this week. I've already completed day one and two. I plan on doing this the first three months of next year.

Also have been taking my multivitamin daily. This is a big win for me. My iron had gotten a little low.

Since I have been oiling my ends with a thick oil or using twist and loc butter, I haven't been seeing any SSKs. If they're there, I haven't run across any.

I need to purchase some quality hair cutting shears. I'm on the fence about letting someone else trim my hair after I earn my trim pass. I keep thinking I can do it myself but I get tired and never finish the other side of my head.

Lucia

Review on scalp massager

Pros
Easy to use

Inexpensive especially with the discount

It cuts down scalp massage time in half so my hands aren't so tired after. I only distribute oils with my hands.

Very quiet motor soothing vibration will put you too sleep
(Not recommended for babies or small children )

Soft plastic covering doesn't dig into scalp.
Waterproof oil proof just wipe it off

Gives me same results as if I had massaged my head for 15-20m wtht the work

Cons

Have to use the tool included to unscrew the battery case inside that's slightly tricky but easier once you get the hang of it

More of vibration than extenders moving I have to rotate it in mini circles around my head.

Last edited:

JoyBelle

Hey ladies, I still haven't trimmed or done S&D since the challenge began... I don't think I've cut at all in 2015... And though I should I really don't want to (sheer lack of motivation). I was supposed to trim when ending the first "2in in four months" session to start this challenge fresh but forgot... My ends don't look bad but they also don't feel great... I hope to find the inspiration to trim or at least S&D before this year is over...

JoyBelle

Hey ladies, I did a trim/S&D on most of my head... This is my ponytail. I still need to flat iron the top/front so ignore the frizz/hat... I will finish tonight then let it grow till my next pass.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 60

trclemons

Today, I put Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca CW on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd & rinsed it out, and rinsed out 80% of the Aussie Moist Conditioner.

Air dried and LCOB'd with Cream & Coco Flower Martini Mist, KJ Naturals Lavendar & Lemongrass Leave In, Entwine's Argan Oil on length, Keravada Oil on scalp & Kreyol Essence Orange HBCO around the edges and Original Moxie Mango & Tacuma Butter on ends.

I have massaged my scalp and I will baggy overnight. My scalp and hair is :yay:.

Dee Raven

I did my monthly hair measuring today, it's actually only been 25 days but whatever. If it is to be believed, my hair grew 1 - 1.5" during that time. I definitely don't believe that that is the case. I've always been a 1/2" per month gal. So I'm going to have to work on finding a consistent routine for measuring.

trclemons

Happy New Year Ladies!!!

I decided to kick off the year with a bang:

1. Pre-poo'd overnight with an AVJ mix
2. Mixed Soultanicals Scalp Detox with ORS DC and sat under a heat cap for 1 hour
3. Cowashed with Jakeala Flax Mallow Conditioner
4. Used SSI Reconstructor
5. Rinsed out 80% of Shea Moisture African Black Balancing Conditioner
6. LCOB'd with Siamese Twist Bamboo Spritzer, Mission Condition Arabian Nights, Entwine Argan Oil on length, Kyra Shea Medley Growth & Restore on scalp, Kreyol Essence Lemon HBCO on edges & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey Sealing Butter on ends.

Aggie

My starting pic is already in so here's my regimen.

Finally my update for the challenge:

• Current hair length = I think I'm APL now but a month ago I wasn't so I guess I'm going for BSB/BSL for 2016.
  • Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning = Mildly Texlaxed once every 10-12 months
  • Goal Month = My birth month - October 2016
  • Current Reggie and styling choices - Wigs, half wigs, buns alternately.
  • Regimen: Wash and DC once a week to every 10 days depending on time available. Prepoo and oil rinse when I color/henna my hair - once a month. Inversion - 1 week a month for 5 minutes each day. Scalp massages for 3-5 minutes before inversions with hair potion/castor oil, MN and essential oils.
  • What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? I am 3.5 inches from BSL and I will be exercising, drinking lots of water, keeping up with my vitamin intake and very little manipulation of my hair. My hair does not like to be excessively touched anyway - I learned this the hard way.

Leo24Rule

Hi Lucia and hair growers of this challenge!
I was M.I.A, but to be honest I only renewed my membership just for this challenge.
I first started off at Gold, then Bronze, and now I'm going for Diamond!

I've included pictures of the end result from June to Dec 2015. My hair is on the fine side. I'm just going to keep up this challenge as I continue to grow healthy, thicker, and longer hair in addition to weight loss. Ya herd :cool:

Attachments

• D2015.jpg
    D2015.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • Dec2015.jpg
    Dec2015.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • December2015.jpg
    December2015.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 42
  • latedec2015.jpg
    latedec2015.jpg