Grow your edges in challenge

letitgrow0702

I am not sure if there is currently a challenge going on but if not, would anyone like to join me?

I was thinking we could go from 9-18 to 1-18. If you are interested please list your regimen and post pictures.

Depending on the response, I will post my regimen and pictures when I get back from church.

letitgrow0702

Well today begins our challenge. I have posted my starting pictures along with my regimen. Please post your pictures and regimins as well. Good luck!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xfn9fwn.f6p7qpv&x=0&h=1&y=n7kczi&localeid=en_US

I will shampoo once or twice a week.

DC with ORS replenishing pack.

Moisturize daily and seal with Vatika Oil paying close attention to my edges.

No heat. I will only be air drying.

Only combing to detangle.

Taking my daily doses of vitamins.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I will

• Co-wash 2-3 times a week
  • Avoid pulling on my edges (ponytails, wigs, tying scarves too tight, etc.)
  • Massage castor oil with a little tea tree oil into my edges
  • Use no manipulation
  • Use no heat unless I'm roller setting or flat ironing on a special occasion

It's filling in nicely but there's one spot on my left temple that's aggravating me. :ohwell:

C.Nicole

OOOHHH YAYY, Fun!! A challenge made just for me!! :grin: I'm telling yall I need some support on this one. My edges are wreckless from lace fronts, so now I'm taking better care of them.
Here is my starting album..
http://public.fotki.com/ch152034/my-edges-after-lace-1/

I plan to use a growth aid, thinking of OCT, to help with the regrowth.
My reggie is:
Cowash 2x week
DC once a week
Airdry with a flexirod on my ends overnight

I wear one of my wigs throughout the day.
I am sooo down for this challenge..:grin:

BlackHairDiva

I am not sure if there is currently a challenge going on but if not, would anyone like to join me?

I was thinking we could go from 9-18 to 1-18. If you are interested please list your regimen and post pictures.

Depending on the response, I will post my regimen and pictures when I get back from church.

I would like to join. I'm attempting to do the same thing. I posted some pics just yesterday in another thread because I wasn't sure whether I had growth or not.

TracyNicole

Count me in please. My edges are really thin from years of wearing braids. I haven't worn them for years but the hair never grew back. I will try to post pics this weekend. Here's my regimen.

CO wash 2-3X weekly with Wen Fig
Massage in OCT to scalp, especially around the edges
Add Wen and oil to length of hair
Roller or twist set so that my edges don't need to be pulled back or slicked down

Happy growing ladies!

yuriko

I am totally in, lost my edges from years of microbraids, they are slowly growing in now
my regimen, is cowash 2-3 times a week, shampoo once a week. DC twice a week
apply nioxin scalp therapy to edges daily
I know everyone disagrees with this, but I will alternate between dr miracle and dont b bald every other day.
Avoid tight ponytails, and excessive brushing of the temple area

trj1922

I think I'll hop in too. This is compatible with my other challenges. I don't know where the heck my temples have gone (folks say it's from wearing my hair back all the time, but I don't know if I buy that because its not like I'm applying extreme tension). I've been battling years of unexplained hair loss all over my head. One reason I wear it back is because it looks crappy down with all my scalp showing! It's growing back in a lot of spots but my temples are still pretty much bald esp. the left one. My basic regimen is a Vatika or Ramtirth Brahmi oil pre-poo, a shikakai, brahmi, neem, and amla powder wash, followed by either Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream, Qhemet's Amla Heavy Cream or Products of the Earth Herbal Hair Revitalizer. I also use Mega-tek, on the scalp only, every few days. I still wear my hair back, but I pull it back loosely, never brush when wet, skip the gel, and minimize brushing at the hairline period. I'm looking for any other suggestions too!

letitgrow0702

Hey ladies! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. I have been using vatica oil faithfully everyday. I am thinking about adding MN as well.

angaliquew

I'll join...I have noticed my edges thinning out over the past year. The only thing I can associate it with is too much heat and possibly the scarf I sleep in. :sad:
Anyway, here is my starting point:

Left side:

Right side:

My regimen:
Moisturize 2x day with The Roots Braids Spray
Massage temples 1x day with Pomada De Azufre (contains 10% sulfur)
Weekly co wash

Last edited:

C.Nicole

My edges are filling in a little better with my Nioxin follicle booster, i'm not really impressed though. But I'm still debating on which growth aid to try next..MT or OCT..still researching..Gonna update my fotki to show progress with my edges

trj1922

The really bald crazy looking parts at my temples are the same but I am experiencing all kinds of weird growth just left of the center of my hairline. Just in that one stupid spot though. :wallbash:

*fabulosity*

Well ladies, I cowashed today and concentrated my OCT on my nape and edges... It's getting wavy inside so I think i'm experiencing growth. The only thing about it though is that my edges look soooo thin... I received the temple balm... but haven't used it yet. Trying to focus on one thing at a time so I know what works. I just did my 2nd OCT'ing of the day. Let's grow some edges yall...lol.

TracyNicole

I can't find my camera cord. Pictures are coming though. I think I might have noticed a little fuzz around my edges this morning:grin:

C.Nicole

Hey guys, Im about to cowash now. I finally got this regimen schedule under control... I'm becoming more acquainted with it. So, I am gonna cowash prolly with V05 Moisture Milk and Redken All Soft mixed together. Imma put my Nioxin follicle booster on my edges.. Whew, I cant wait to order this MegaTek next week. Cuz this Nioxin aint handling business..

Galleta

i'm in. i will be co-washing and using castor oil on my edges and instead of buns i will be wearing braidouts and roller sets to keep from pulling my hair back.

FtrDrO

Can I join too? Here is my starting point as some of you may have seen in my thread.
Right side

Left Side

I plan to massage my edges every night with MN and castor oil. I may eventually get OCT or MT as well. Besides that, I plan to continue my normal weekly deep conditioning (Aubrey HSR or ORS Replenishing) and daily moisturizing with my glycerin/aloevera juice mix and/or HE LTR leave in.

letitgrow0702

He ladies!

We are now a month in. Anyone seing any progress. If so what have you been using. As for me, I am seeing very little progress. I tried dr miracle but it was too strong for my hair. It game me sores on my scalp. I will continue with the Vatica and MSN.

Baby Girl

I am game!

Wash 1x a week with organix coconut shampoo & condition with the organix coconut conditioner
Deep condition with nioxin scalp therapy and organic hair mayonnaise
Perform hot oil treatment 2x a month
Rollerset weekly using Kera Care foam wrap and Vitale body and thickening styling solution

3X a week I will apply fantastix hair thickener and BT

ResultsMayVary

I have been trying to grow my edges for almost a year and sadly I don't think it is working out .. At first I thought there was a difference but these pics kind of change my mind ... Maybe the damage is permanent :nono: but I'll keep trying :look:

tiffupretty

i dont know how i passed this thread! im in.

i drink about 3 liters of H2O
co wash 2 times a week
dc once a week
biotin
vitamin e
garlic suppliment
womens multi vitamin

in my pikistrip is me in sept and 30 day progress in oct

AnjelLuvs

I am finding that with all the due diligence my edges are still not full... I think it is from wrapping at night, so I have decided to only wrap at max 3 times per week...