Hair Questionnaire! Tell us all about it!!!

chayil0427

Hey ladies. Here's the Hair Questionnaire...answer all the questions so people like me can steal your reggies LOL.! Copy and paste the questions and answer away!

1) Relaxed or Natural?

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural?

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?

4) How often do you wash?

5) How often do you relax if you relax.

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons?

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo?

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?)

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer?

12) How often do you trim?

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself?

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!)

15) How long was your hair when you started?

16) What's your current length and goal length?

Last edited:

RosesBlack

1) Relaxed or Natural? Texlaxed usually. Right now I accidentally relaxed a bit straighter than I'm used to.

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? This time about four years.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Tailbone as a child.

4) How often do you wash? I CO wash 3 times a week.

5) How often do you relax if you relax. Going for a 13 week stretch this time.

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Never I'm scared of heat.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Right now I'm experimenting with oils. I'm using some sweet almond oil it's ok but not great. I also use Profectiv mega growth cream and like it a lot.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Clarifying is some random store brand. Moisturizing is Nature's Gate Rainwater Henna Shampoo

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Not sure about protein. Moisturizing is my mix of Lekair Cholesterol, EVOO, and 1 ORS replenishing pak.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Bun.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Ors No Lye regular strength.

12) How often do you trim? Rarely.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I never go to the salon.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Check my siggy! No password.

15) How long was your hair when you started? A little less than a half inch but a little more than a fade.

16) What's your goal length? Um, currently SL. Probably no more than BSL/midback maybe.

chayil0427

1) Relaxed or Natural? Relaxed

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Relaxed since about 7 yrs old. Was natural from 2002-2004

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? BSL back in the press and curl days.

4) How often do you wash? 2 to 3 times a week in summer. once a week in winter.

5) How often do you relax if you relax. I relax every 10 to 12 weeks.

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? No more than 2 times a week.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? castor oil, shea butter, and mizani H2O Intense

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? suave to clarify, tie between Nexxus Theratin and Kera Care Hyd. Dentangling for moiture

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Aphogee and Aveda DR for Protien and Nexxus PO Humectin and Aveda DR for moisture.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) blow fry or roller set (trying to roller set more and use less of the blow dryer)

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Vitale Pro Comfort Zone

12) How often do you trim? 2 a year.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I relax in the salon. I do everything else myself.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) no album yet :( It's coming though!!!

15) How long was your hair when you started? Chin length

16) What's your current length and goal length? currently neck/ goal Midback to tailbone

chayil0427

Dang...y'all fast...some of you beat me to it LOL. Be sure to put your current length and goal length in the last question.

glamazon386

1) Relaxed or Natural? Natural

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? It'll be 9 months next week

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? BSL when I was in 5th grade. I was relaxed.

4) How often do you wash? Once a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. N/A

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Rarely. I've had my hair flat ironed at the salon twice since BCing.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I don't really use moisturizers on it. Washing and DCing once a week is enough to keep it soft.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Nexxus Therappe

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? ORS Replenishing Conditioner, LeKair Shea Cholesterol Creme and Nexxus Humectress

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I'm usually in weaves, wigs and phonies. Sometimes I wear wash and gos.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? N/A

12) How often do you trim? So far I've only had 1 trim. I'm going to try for once every 4-6 months. It depends on when I start to see knots.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I get my hair flat ironed at the salon. Also I get my braids done at the salon. I usually do my weaves myself but will go to the salon on occasion. Twists, twistouts, and anything else I do myself.

The link is in my siggy

15) How long was your hair when you started? It was neck length and relaxed when I found the board

16) What's your goal length? Initially I never wanted hair longer than APL when I was relaxed. But now that I'm natural, it will probably have to be almost waistlength to be APL unstretched. I'm just going to let it grow indefinitely.

ETA: My current length is neck length stretched. I have a TWA unstretched.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
1) Relaxed or Natural?
Natural

I'm 23 years old... been natural for 12 years (from birth to 10 years old, then from 21 to 23), been relaxed for 10 years (from 10 years old to 21 years old)

Armpit length

Very random...anywhere from everyday to every 2 weeks! :lol:

N/A

Not often...just started experimenting with the flat iron. I've straightened my hair 2-3 times since being natural.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?
I haven't found a favorite yet...I'm still trying to find the right ones. I have tried several and once they ran out, I did not buy them again. So far, water has been the best moisturizer.

ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo... Creme of Nature is good too!

Aussie Moist Conditioner and V05 Tea Tree Therapy Conditioner

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?)
I style my hair in TOO MANY styles...shrunken fros, stretched out fros, twists, twistouts, braids, braidouts, shrunken puffs, stretched out puffs, and MORE!

N/A

Every 3-6 months

I've only been to the salon once since being natural. I don't really plan on going again anytime soon. I always do my own hair. Saves me money!

See my signature below...

When I first came to LHCF in 2004, my hair was neck length. I grew it 3 inches passed my shoulders by May 2005.
Then I did the BC in May 2005. I had less than 1/2 an inch of hair. Now my hair ranges from chin length in the front to armpit length in the back.

16) What's your goal length?
mid-back length

NuMe2004

1) Relaxed or Natural?: Natural

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural?: Natural for 4 years

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?: Between bsl and waist

4) How often do you wash?: Sometimes up to 3x a week, no less than once

5) How often do you relax if you relax.: N/A

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons?: No more than once a week

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?: ORS moisturizing lotion

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo?: Pantene for moisture. I don't clarify.

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?: Apoghee for protein and TCB R&R deep conditioner for moisture

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?): Natural curls 80% of the time and flat ironed 20%.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer?: N/A

12) How often do you trim?: Once every 8 weeks, but will start doing it once every 4.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself?: I get my hair straightened (flat ironed) in the salon, but I also do it at home.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!): www.fotki.com/hair2004

15) How long was your hair when you started?: Shoulder length

16) What's your current length and goal length?[/QUOTE]: Current= almost bsl. Goal=waist.

Max2004

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Since 5th grade

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? 2 inches above brastrap (I'm 5'9")

4) How often do you wash? Once a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax? Every 8 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Maybe once per month, if that

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Don't have a favorite one, but I use WGO and ORS olive oil creme

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? Have never used one moisturizing poo? Creme of nature with the Red label or Pantene Relaxed and Natural

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Pantene Relaxed and Natural

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Currently in Kinky Twist (during the summers), rolled or wrapped (all other times)

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? What ever my mother-n-law uses. She is my stylist. :)

12) How often do you trim? Three to four times per year

13) What services do you get done in a salon? Everything What do you do yourself? Nothing since I married my husband 2 1/2 years ago !! :D

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Don't have one yet.

15) How long was your hair when you started? Below shoulder

16) What's your current length and goal length? Bottom of neck (had to start over, micros thinned my hair out really bad. I had bald spots.)

IMFOCSD

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Since I was 9

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? The length it is now....which is almost SL.

4) How often do you wash? About once or twice a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. Anytime after 8 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Flat iron two or three times a month

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Coconut/EVOO mixed, scurl for newgrowth & care free curl gold for my buns/baggies, don't really use butters

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Alberto v05 cucumber and lime

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? ORS repleneshing pack & have'nt found a great moisturizing conditioner but i use dove

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Ponytails/buns/banana clips

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Africa's best organic children's relaxer

12) How often do you trim? Every time I relaxer (8 wks or so)

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I do everything myself

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Don't have one yet

15) How long was your hair when you started? Top of my neck

16) What's your current length and goal length? Almost SL my goal is APL

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? jheri curl from ages 6 -9, natural ages 10 -12, relaxed age 12 until present

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? the length it is now, 2 inches above bra strap

4) How often do you wash? once a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. every 12 - 14 weeks, depends on the amount of newgrowth

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? rarely, i rollerset and dry wrap for a straight look

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? i use lacio lacio for rollersetting, i don't moisturize in between washes, my hair stays moisturized

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? creme or nature moisturizing poo? jessicurl cleansing cream

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? nexxus emergencee moisturizing conditioners? jason natural apricot, praital silk worm cream

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) i wrap

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? optimum no lye regular strength

12) How often do you trim? every 12 weeks

13) What services do you get done in a salon? none What do you do yourself? everything

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) don't have one

15) How long was your hair when you started? in between shoulder and armpit length

16) What's your current length and goal length? don't have one, i focus on health, the length comes with health

RubyWoo

1) Relaxed or Natural?
-Relaxed

Since I was 12. So about 13 years.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?d
-Shoulder Length

-1-2x per week

-every 3-4 months

-Not often. I've used a flatiron to do length checks and I only do a section of my hair. I've used my flat iron 3-4 times so far this year.

-Salerm 21 and Lacio Lacio

-Pantene Pro-V Clarifying Shampoo and ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo

Protein-Aphogee Keratin 2 min Reconstructor
Moisturizing--2 many:lol:--Tropical Aloe Vera Conditioner, Nacidit Avocado Conditioner, Silicon Mix and Miss Key 10 en 1.

-Braids or rollerset

-It was Profectiv but I'm switching to lye relaxers so I don't have a fav
right now.

-With every relaxer so every 3-4months

-I don't go the salon. That may be changing soon. I may go to them for a trim and maybe a relaxer when I'm ready to try a professional relaxer.

-N/A

-Just past(about 2-3 inches) my shoulders

-Currently APL and goal BSL/Midback

Last edited:

BlueEra

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Relaxed

Since I was 4

Maybe Collar bone length when I was really young

Once a week

Every 10-12 weeks

Twice a month

I used to use S-curl, but now my hair stays pretty moisturized since I started using vitamins

Kera Care

Kera Care

Wrap, but I will start wearing kinky twists in a short while

N/A

Every 10-12 weeks,but I am trying to cut down on it so that I can retain more length

I go to the salon for a relaxer and style. I usually try to do my own hair for as long as possible after getting one.

Its either in my siggy or in my profile.

Neck length

Current length is Shoulder, my goal is for blunt APL hair

deejoy

1) Relaxed or Natural? relaxed

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? since 1993

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? past bsl a few years ago

4) How often do you wash? every 3-4 days

5) How often do you relax if you relax. every 8 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? once a week

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Surge Ultra Max

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? none yet

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Joico K Pak daily conditioner

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) blow dry and flat iron

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Affirm

12) How often do you trim? as needed

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I get my layers cut, that's about it

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) none yet

15) How long was your hair when you started? above shoulder length

16) What's your current length and goal length? current, 1 inch past shoulder length. Goal-tailbone length

Last edited:

miss Congeniality

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Natural

It will be two years in July

Past shoulder length when I was relaxed.

I co-wash daily and shampoo once every week.

I try to stay away from heat, so maybe 2-4 times a year.

Oils- olive, castor, alma, coconut, & jojoba; butter- shea & mango

Aveda Sap Moss, Vatika Henna Conditioning, & Neutrogena Clarify

Mane & Tail, Aubrey’s GPB, Hello Hydration, Tea Therapy, Totally Twisted

Wash & Go, twist, and braids

Every 3-6 months, think it is time for one now.

Comb coils or twist.

http://public.fotki.com/missCONGENIALity/

Less than ½ inch

8 inches and my goal is to get to shoulder length unstretched.

Treasure2k6

1) Relaxed or Natural? TEXLAXED

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Since..umm 1994

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? 2 Inches Past Shoulder Length

4) How often do you wash? 3-4 Days with a Fresh Texlax, 7-10 Days Past 6 weeks

5) How often do you relax if you relax. 10 Weeks Minimum

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Bi weekly :(

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Oil-Wild Grow, Moisturizer-Surge Woojee ..Butter-Eq Mango & Shea

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Still Experimenting with these.

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Protein Conditioner-ORS Hair Mayo, Moisturizing Conditoner-ORS Replenishing

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) blow dry and flat iron

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? ORS No Lye

12) How often do you trim? Every 3 Months

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? Rollerset (Cus i dont know how to:perplexed), Dominican Blow out, Got my 1st one yesterday!!!....and thats all. Most of the time i do everythingelse myself.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) No PWD NEEDED-Address below

http://public.fotki.com/Treasure2k6/

15) How long was your hair when you started? Chewed up Length! LOL The healthier parts of my hair was Neck Length

16) What's your current length and goal length? Current Length- A Healthy Shoulder Length. Goal Length Mid Back

Last edited:

Softresses

1) Relaxed or Natural? Texturized

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Texturizing for years.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? About 3" longer than it is now. (I am currently cutting out layers each month)

4) How often do you wash? 1-2 times a week.

3 How often do you relax if you relax. Every 3-4 months sometimes more.

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? I don't anymore.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I don't use one anymore. I put a little conditioner on the ends. Whatever kind I am useng. I have used Viapointe before and like it.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? The only poo I use at all is CON. I don't use it very often, I CO wash.

I don't use protein I use henna. I use Salon condtioner (Cherry) from Sally's and sometimes Dove since my beloved DDTA went off the market I had to experiment. This combo is working for now.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller

set, braid out, wrap ect?) I airdry and put a skully cap on at night to keep it good and flat.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? I use Hawaiian Silky Lye (no base relaxer to texturize.

12) How often do you trim? Lately I have been trimming every 3-4 weeks to remove layers.

I do everything myself.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) The link to my gallery is in my siggy, just click on the pics.

15) How long was your hair when you started? Halle Berry cut, shaved in back.

6) What's your current length and goal length? Once the layers are gone, as long as it will grow.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
1) Relaxed or Natural?
Natural

It'll be 2 months tomorrow

APL when I was 11

Twice a week

Never now, but when I did, every 13 weeks

Maybe 4 times a year

Proclaim Natural 7 Oil

Suave Daily Clarifying, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo

Nexxus Keraphix, Nexxus Humectress

Wash N' Go

N/A, but I did like Silk Elements lye

As needed

Do everything myself

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Check the sig and profile

Earlength

Trying to get my TWA to wasitlength

Brownie518

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Relaxed
Relaxed for over 20 years
APL before I cut it last year
I have amped up to every other day (mostly cw) in the last two weeks
I have recently tried stretching to 8 weeks at least.
I stopped using these last September
Qhemet Bioligics Olive and Amla Heavy Cream
Clarifying - Elucence Volume Clarifying
Moisturizing - Elucence MB
Protein - CPR, AO GPB, Affirm 5n1, Aphogee Keratin
Moisturizing - Elucence MB, Humecto, DPR-11, Aveda DR
usually wrap
ORS lye or Profectiv
As needed, no particular schedule
None lately

I cut it into a bob just below my ear
Currently shoulder
Goal - APL but thick and healthy first

eajaye2u

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? since 1979

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? SL

4) How often do you wash? weekly

5) How often do you relax if you relax. 8 weeks - working on longer

rarely - none this year
7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Qhemet Heavy Cream

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Grandma's Pine Tar & CON

Emergencia & super 10 en 1 plus
10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) bun

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Jael (DR)

no trimming this year (challenge)
13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? totally DIY

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) do not have one yet

15) How long was your hair when you started? cut in DEC 06 to NL

16) What's your current length and goal length? SL in back currently- goal full APL

justsimply

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 7 mths

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? About brastrap with locs

4) How often do you wash? 2X a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. 9 - 10 wks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? maybe once a month, or if the occassion calls for it.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Dove moisture mist, olive oil with a little peppermint and rosemary eo mixed in.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? I switch between Aphogee and the Dove Therapy line, conwash and clarify with Suave

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? I switch between Aphogee and the Dove Therapy line, conwash with Suave

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I usually just pin it up; lately cornroll for a week braidout for a day, the ocassional curly style.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Lady Velvet

12) How often do you trim? Rarely ... when my hair stylist says it needs it. She knows my goals and I trust her completely.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? Touch-ups at the salon, everything else (what little there is) myself.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) working on that, although not consistently ... maybe some day.

15) How long was your hair when you started? past shoulder

16) What's your current length and goal length? Just made it to APL:D Hoping for about mid back or at least just below brastrap, I'll decide from there.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
1) Relaxed or Natural?
Right now, I'm relaxed but I'm currently transitioning to natural (YAY!).

Age 10: First Relaxer
Age 14-19: Forced to go natural when all of my hair broke off due to swim lessons in gym class. I didn't know how important it was to wash out chlorine back then. It took me forever to grow out my damaged and broken hair, but my hair was the longest and healthiest it had ever been.
Age 20: I was asked to be in a hair show and was told that in order to be in it, they had to relax my hair. I should have just walked away. I didn't. I would soon regret it.
Age 22: Went natural again. Hair was thriving again.
Age 24: Fell prey to the creamy crack ... AGAIN. Should have just said no!
Present Day: Going natural ... again ... but I'm STICKING WITH IT THIS TIME EVEN IF IT KILLS ME! :lol:

Mid-back as a teen when my hair was natural. My hair does best when it's natural.

Winter: once a week
Summer: 3x a week

When I used to relax, I would do so every 3 months or so.

I used to use curling irons and flat irons every single day on my relaxed hair. :eek: Now I'm on the no heat bandwagon. My hair is thriving again.

I like Elasta QP Mango Butter, Redken Anti-Snap Leave-In Treatment and EVOO.

Clarifying: Suave (da cheap stuff)
Moisturing: KeraCare (and I've recently discovered Aveda DR products thanks to this board).

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? Moisturizing conditioners?
Protein Conditioner: Don't have one?? Need help with this one!
Moisturizing Conditioner: Keracare Humecto, Aveda DR

I used to flat iron and use a curling iron on my relaxed hair daily (ridiculous). Now that I'm transitioning, I wear braid-outs and twist-outs (no heat).

Not applicable anymore, but when I did, I got my hair relaxed professionally. I've had everything from Affirm to Design Essentials to off brand junk.

3x a year

I used to only get relaxers at the salon (I could never get my arms to cooperate to do the back of my own head). Everything else, I do myself.

Don't have one ... yet!

When I joined back in August 2004, my hair was APL.

My current length is now BSL. I just got my hair flat ironed and cut by Balisi today. When she straightened my hair, I was surprised to see that it was 1 inch below my bra strap. However, I asked her to cut off 2" of damaged hair, so I'm right above BSL again. My ultimate goal length is APL of unstretched natural hair.

whitneysimone

chayil0427 said:
Hey ladies. Here's the Hair Questionnaire...answer all the questions so people like me can steal your reggies LOL.! Copy and past the questions and answer away!

1) Relaxed or Natural? NATURAL

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 5 YEARS

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? MAYBE AN 1" PAST APL

4) How often do you wash? NOW, WEEKLY

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? NEVER

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? JOJOBA OIL

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? ORS CREAMY ALOE SHAMPOO

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? MIZANI KERAFUSE FOR PROTEIN, JOICO MOISTURE RECOVERY BALM FOR MOISTURE

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I CORNROW AND PLAIT AND THEN TOSS A WIG ON TOP.

12) How often do you trim? MY LAST TRIM WAS OCT '06 AND EVEN B4 LHCF I ONLY GOT TRIMS TWICE YEAR.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? NOW WHENEVER I CHOOSE TO SEE MY PROGRESS I WILL PROBABLY GO IN THE SHOP WITH MY HAIR ALREADY WASHED AND BLOWDRIED WITH A HEAT PROTECTANT AND ALLOW THE STYLIST TO FLAT IRON IT, OTHER THAN THAT NOTHING.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) IM ON FOTKI, MY USERNAME IS WHITNEYSIMONE

ONE SIDE WAS SHOULDER LENGTH, THE OTHER WAS CREEPIN TOWARD APL :eek:

16) What's your current length and goal length? WHEN STRECHED THE LONGEST PARTS OF MY HAIR TOUCH BRASTRAP, HOWEVER, I AM ABOUT 1" TO 1 1/2" TO BECOMING FULL BSL. MY GOALENGTH FOR THIS YEAR ARE BSL BY SEPT, MIDBACK BY JAN AND EVENTUALLY WSL AT WHATEVER TIME MY HAIR WANTS TO GET THERE :grin:

:) :D :cool:

ShiShiPooPoo

chayil0427 said:
Hey ladies. Here's the Hair Questionnaire...answer all the questions so people like me can steal your reggies LOL.! Copy and past the questions and answer away!

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 6 years

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? BSL

4) How often do you wash? 1x week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. 8-10 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Everyday during school year/0 in summer

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Elasta Mango

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Redken Cleansing Creme/looking for a moist. poo.

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?Tropical Cinnamon/ Keracare Humecto

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) braided

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Design Essentials

12) How often do you trim? 8-10 weeks but will change to as needed.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? Relaxer/ Sometimes a rollerset

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) none

15) How long was your hair when you started? Nape

mid neck maybe? I have a lot of new growth.

Chandalicious87

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? since i was 13 or 14

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? APL

4) How often do you wash? once or twice a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. every 2-3 months

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? I used to use them every day before I came here, now I only use the blow dryer after I wash my hair

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Carrot creme, just for me hair lotion, elasta QP h-two leave in, homemade sulphur/castor oil for my scalp

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? suave daily clarifying moisturizing poo? herbal essences curls and waves shampoo or dove mosturizing shampoo

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? I LOVE le keir cholesterol moisturizing conditioners? garnier fructis body and volume

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I have a sew-in, I try to do rollersets but they never work out so I end up blowdrying it straight

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? just for me regular

12) How often do you trim? i used to trim after every relaxer, now I'll only trim if my ends need it

13) What services do you get done in a salon? my sew-in What do you do yourself? everything else

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) I dont have one yet

15) How long was your hair when you started? neck length

16) What's your current length and goal length? neck length, I would like to make it to midback

need2accumulate

1) Relaxed or Natural?

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I bun it, but i wear it down on weekends off

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Mizani for color treated

12) How often do you trim? whenever i want (ave about every 3 months)

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I now do everything myself

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!)I have one but theres really nothing in it

15) How long was your hair when you started? Like bottom of my neck

16) What's your current length and goal length? Over APL but dont have a goal

VictoriousBrownFlower

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 11 months

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Between armpit and bra strap as a child and collarbone as an adult

4) How often do you wash? once a wk

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? once a month or less

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? avocado butter, coconut oil

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? CON shampoo and suave humectant. I dont clarify

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? My hair hates protein the hardest protein I can use is motions cpr

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) 90% of the time box braids with no extentions added.

12) How often do you trim? Havent trimmed since big chop

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I haven't been to the salon since going natural so I do it all myself.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Eventually I will get around to making an album.

15) How long was your hair when you started? I was a long time l.urker and when I started lurking after my bc I had 3 inches in the front and 1 in in the back

16) What's your current length and goal length? My current length is layered collarbone length. My goal is bra strap but that may change with time.

neenee280

1) Relaxed or Natural?
relaxed

12?

mid back/waist

depends, 3-4 times a week

every three months

every other week if that

amla, whale sperm, coconut, carrot, wgo, rosemary, evoo

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo?
suave
moisturizing poo?
silicon mix

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners?
pratail, 10 en 1...all dominican but i like suave coconut too
moisturizing conditioners?
la bomba

roller set or twist out

dark and lovely or soft and beautiful

when i go to the salon...rare

13) What services do you get done in a salon?
wash blowdry and curl
What do you do yourself?
rollerset or twistout...i hate straighting my hair sometimes.

work in progress

below shoulder

almost brastrap and goal length...not sure.

SW2011

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Since I was 5. So...20 years.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? When I was younger it was about mid-back.

4) How often do you wash? Just depends. Sometimes it's every other day, and sometimes it's once a week. When I get to 7 or 8 weeks post relaxer is when I start washing more frequently.

5) How often do you relax if you relax. I stretch for at least 9 weeks and try to do more.

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? I never use curling irons, but I use flat irons about 2 per month.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I'm still searching for that, but ORS Olive Oil Lotion is what I've got going right now.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? I'm really impressed with the KeraCare line.

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Same as above. I'm impressed with KeraCare.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Unless I've just gotten it done at the salon, I'll have it in a bun.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? I don't have a favorite.

12) How often do you trim? Whenever my ends are looking rough. But I dust quite often. I always seem to have split ends. :ohwell:

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I'll go to a salon if I want to wear my hair down and I'm going somewhere special (which isn't often), but other than that it's in a bun.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Don't have an album.

15) How long was your hair when you started? Shoulder length

16) What's your current length and goal length? About 2 or 3 inches from brastrap.

Affinity07

chayil0427 said:

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Dang, 4 years now :eek: . I had to think about it.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Does childhood count :grin: ? If so, waist.

4) How often do you wash? 1x/week

5) How often do you relax if you relax? n/a

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Never

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? coconut and castor oil, Greg's Juice & Honey Hemp, and shea butter.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Elucence for both.

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? Elucence Moisture Extending. moisturizing conditioners? Elucence, Oyin Honey Hemp, and Kenra.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Twists: Small, medium, and large.

12) How often do you trim? Once every 6 mos or so.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? Nothing. What do you do yourself? Everything.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) It's in my signature. There is no password.

15) How long was your hair when you started? Bald

16) What's your current length and goal length? Brastrap. My goal is natural waist.