Hair Questionnaire! Tell us all about it!!!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
1) Relaxed or Natural?
Texturized.
2) How long have you been relaxed/natural?
Texturized since October 06. Natural before that and relaxed before that.
3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?
Ever? between APL and brastrap, I think.
4) How often do you wash?
I cowash almost everyday, unless I bun for 2 days or do twists.
5) How often do you relax if you relax.
Every 2-3 months. Closer to 3 months though.
6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons?
Wow. I use them once a month on my nape for length check and after that maybe twice a year for a straight style.
7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?
I'm using shealoe currently, but avocado butter is good too. They both can lead to major build up, which I don't like.
8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo?
Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 for clarifying. I haven't decided on a moisturizing poo. So far Quantum is doing okay.

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?
Quantum Moisturizing Conditioner is great! A real holy grail. Ion reconstructor is a good protein.
10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?)
Wash n go ponytails, buns, I've started doing twists recently.
11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer?
Silk Elements Mild.
12) How often do you trim?
When I straighten fully, so twice a year.
13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself?
I see a stylist maybe once a year now. She trims and flat irons my hair.
14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!)
in my siggy
15) How long was your hair when you started?
Shoulder length relaxed straight.
16) What's your current length and goal length?
I'm APL when straight, my goal is between BSL and waist length, thats my idea of midback length.

prospurr4

1) Relaxed or Natural? Relaxed

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Over 20 years

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Blunt BSL (Currently)

4) How often do you wash? Weekly

5) How often do you relax if you relax. 12-13 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Never

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? My mixture of 1 part VO5 MM-S&C, 1 part EVOO, 2 parts water

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Motions Lavish

Protein--Motions CPR; Moisturizing--Motions Moisture Plus

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Rollerset for spiral curls

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Revlon Regular Lye

12) How often do you trim? Only as needed

I do everything myself. I haven't been to a salon in over 20 years

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Sorry, but I don't have an album.

15) How long was your hair when you started? Shoulder Length

16) What's your current length and goal length? Current--Blunt BSL; Final--Tailbone

Last edited:

stargazer613

1) Relaxed or Natural? Natural

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? My whole life

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Waistlength

4) How often do you wash? 1x a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. n/a

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? I flat iron once a week.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? jojoba & coconut oil, Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Elucence Clarifying and Kenra Clarifying; Elucence Moisture Balance 'poo

Activate Hair Mask, Joico K-Pak, Alterna Hemp Weekly Treat, Giovanni Nutrafix, PhytoJojoba mask, and Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana.
10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Blow dry, press, flat iron, and braid outs, buns every week.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? n/a

12) How often do you trim? Every 3-4 months

Haven't been to a salon in almost a year, I wash and straighten my own hair
14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) http://public.fotki.com/stargazer613
15) How long was your hair when you started? bra strap (?)

16) What's your current length and goal length? I think I'm approaching midback (?) but my goal is waist length.

Last edited:

bellesocialite

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Relaxed

Relaxed since I was 12 soo 5 years

My current length-halfway to APL

Once a week

4 times a year

On average, once or twice a year. I ONLY use them for special occasions (weddings;etc that I RARELY go to)

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?
S-Curl

Clarifying - Suave Clarifying poo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration moisturizing poo

Motions CPR (the only 'protein' I use), Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?)
My hair is almost always curly from a rollerset. I don't bun as much as I used to. Up to 6 weeks after a touch up, I wear my hair straight from crosswrapping

African Pride

Eh. On an as needed basis or twice a year

I only go to a salon for special occaisions. I rollerset (finally!), wash/condition by myself and day-to-day maintanance. My mother relaxes, trims, and colors for me.

http://public.fotki.com/bellesocialite (pw in profile)

Brushing shoulder from damage

Current: Halfway to APL; My ultimate goal is BSL

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
1) Relaxed or Natural?
Texlaxed? Not really sure...

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Since I was 13 years old I was getting a relaxer.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? The length it is now _ almost shoulder length

4) How often do you wash? Around twice a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. I'm trying to stretch my relaxer for at least 12 weeks. If still managable, I'll go as long as I can (thinking of transitioning...)

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? I haven't used any of those things in about 10 months.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I use UBH creme moisturizer and emu oil.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Pantene Pro V clarifying Shampooo & Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo

UBH Deep Conditioner and Nexxus Humectress

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I've been sporting a slick back pig tail for the last 4-5 years cause it's too short to do anything else with! I could've shaped it into a style, but I didn't want to cut it.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Now I use Affirm for sensitive scalp with protecto.

12) How often do you trim? I never trim! I want to see how long my ends can get before I decide to trim to even it out.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I haven't gone to a salon for about 5 years now. I been self relaxing since then.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) It's in my siggy :)

15) How long was your hair when you started? It was about neck length

16) What's your current length and goal length? Just below shoulder length...want to make waist length! Wish me luck :)

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
1) Relaxed or Natural?
Natural

I have been natural most of my life, I only relaxed my hair twice and I had a curly perm once. All of those three more than 10 years ago.

The length it is now - past waist length.

Once or twice a week.

I don't relax.

Never. Less than once a year.

The moisturizing creams from Africa Organics Africa's Best or whatever they are called, there is one with Shea butter that I like and one Carrot Oil Cream.

I use any shampoo for dry hair that is cheap.

I don't use protein conditioners, I use a moisturizing conditioner from John Frieda. It's called something like "Get straight" or something, but it doesn't make the hair straight, it's just very moisturizing and slippery.

Air dry and let it be or put in pony tail or bun. 99% of the time it's in a pony tail.

Before I started finger combing maybe once every 8 weeks, now...maybe once a year! :)

None in a salon, snip the ends myself. That's all I do :lol:

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) See signature.

Maybe bra strap. When did I start? I don't remember! I've been a long hair addict for more than 10 years! LOL

Current length - see signature, it's a little past waist length when I stretch it out. My goal is Classic Length or Hip Length when stretched.

chayil0427

Wow...thanks for all the responses ladies...still looking for some more of you hair icons to run off in here and give us the lowdown! You know who you are!!!

Chayil

rabs77

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 4 years natural

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? BSL as a child when I was natural before i got a relaxer, now, BSL when pressed.

4) How often do you wash? Every 2 weeks

5) How often do you relax if you relax. N/A

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Once every 2/3 months

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Havent found it yet.

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? I clarify with ACV

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? My mix of EVOO, honey and shea butter

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Wash and go or flexi rod set usually

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? N/A

12) How often do you trim? Every time I press, every 2/3 months

13) What services do you get done in a salon? None :D What do you do yourself? EVERYTHING

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Dont have one yet.

15) How long was your hair when you started? Past shoulder length relaxed hair when I started

16) What's your current length and goal length? BSL....Mid back

Last edited:

ak46

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? for as long as I can remember....

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? shoulder length

4) How often do you wash? usually 1x a week....but lately

5) How often do you relax if you relax. Every 3 months (12-14 weeks)

Very limited…I only use heat during the last month of my relaxer stretch ~ 2 times.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I just recently fell in love with NTM Silk Touch Leave-In

clarifying and moisturizing: ORS Creamy Aloe.

Protein: Aubrey Organics GPB
Moisture: Keracare Humecto

I usually will rollerset/wrap the first 2 weeks after a relaxer. Then I will start wearing my half-wigs for the next several weeks. Then sometimes I wear weaves during the last month or I just continue wearing half-wigs.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? ORS Olive Oil Relaxer (…the best)

12) How often do you trim? I haven’t gotten a trim since I cut my hair a year and a half ago.

I haven’t been to the salon since I cut my hair and I’m still scared to go…(I don’t trust too many hair stylists). I relax, braid, weave….I pretty much do everything on my own.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) http://members.fotki.com/ak46/about/

15) How long was your hair when you started? Really short…ear length I guess. Pic is in my siggy.

Shoulder length and my ultimate goal is BSL

***Toy-Pisces***

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Relaxed
since age 8
SL
When not in braids Co-wash and poo 1X a week.
Between 4-8 months
About once every 2 months but not on my whole head. With a sew- in a little more often like 1 a week on hair left out.
Coconut oil, wonder 8 and NTM leave in.

So far only CON because I haven't tried many others.

NTM mask, aphogee, ORS hair mayo, Nexxus- Keraphix and humectress,Le klair chol.Mizani moisture fuse
I mainly wear a sew in or a braid style. If not...phony pony.
Haven't found a favorite yet. I use affirm currently. Next relaxer will be affirm mild or ORS lye

After each relaxer
braids=salon relaxer, sew-in, wash n DC= home
14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) In siggy

In avi
16) What's your current length and goal length?[/quote]
SL and BSL. i'm sure when ever I reach BSL it will change to MB but that's it.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? August will be 1 year

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Midback

4) How often do you wash? once a week

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Last time was in February

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? BT (oil), Elucence (moisturizer), Shealoe and EQ Mango Butter

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Elucence all the way

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Aubrey Organics (protein), Elucence (moisture)

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Bun, ponypuff

12) How often do you trim? I only trimed once since the big cut

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I do everything myself (DC, rollerset, flatiron, etc.)

15) How long was your hair when you started? APL

16) What's your current length and goal length? Shoulder length (collarbone when stretched). Goal length is mid-back!

Bosslady1

1) Relaxed or Natural?

Texlaxed...by accident.

Since the age of 13.

APL

As of recently...every 2 weeks.

Every 3 - 3.5 months usually.

1x a month

Mizani H20 headdress & nighttime treat.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Poo

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Conditioner

C&G 2007 challenge - braids

Affirm

2x per year

Straw Sets or Braids or PonyTails

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected
please!)

In my Siggy

Neck Length Side Swept Bob

Full Shoulder...growing out bob...using cut as I go method...back was shorter than front...as of now, everything is even!

Goal Length: Mid Back

prettypuff1

) Relaxed or Natural? Texlaxed since July2006

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? I was natural for about ayear, then went back to my relaxed head.

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Right now it is close to APL and that is the longest

4) How often do you wash? Like once a week usually

5) How often do you relax if you relax. I am trying to stretch . I usually relax every 12 weeks normally, but i am trying to make it to 16. If i go any longer, then i may transition and BC
6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? I am cutting it back to never. They really dont make my hair look any better than when i roller set.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I like the Mango Butter, or the Hollywood Olive Oil followed by some Coconut oil

I really dont have a favorite poo. I just grab what is under the sink. I should get on trying to find something i like.
I like the ORS replenish pak, and then for a pre poo, i mix the aphogee reconstructor and their moisterizing conditioner.

I roller set. I tried braid out/twist outs and they didn work very well. I looked a mess and there was breakage

ORS no lye

12) How often do you trim? I just dusted about a .5 inch and that was the first time in a long time i have trimmed. i do it when my ends look AWFUL

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? Right now i do everything at home with the help of my mom and sister. I went to the salon for the first time in a long time and iwhile i liked the way my hair came out, the amount of heat required for it was INSANE. I can do a roller set just fine at home.

i dont have one.( i know i suck)
I wanna say it was above shoulder but now it is almost apl. My goal is WL when wet so it can be long and curly. I have no clue when that will happen

br0wney3z

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 15 years (wow I had never done the math)

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Collarbone length as a child when I was natural (so sad)

4) How often do you wash? 2x/week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. First stretch will make it 10 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? once every 2 months

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? I love jojoba oil and sunsilk hydra TLC

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Giovanni 50:50

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? Jocio K-pak

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Never, I bun and wear falls only

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? Optimum Care

12) How often do you trim? Every 6 months

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? Salon, I do everything else at home

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) see my siggy

15) How long was your hair when you started? Neck length

16) What's your current length and goal length?[/quote] Working on shoulder length:D

GoingNatural

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Natural :cool:

I consider myself natural starting from the date of my last relaxer Dec 2005. I consider myself to have about 1.5 yrs of "new" growth. My BC was Nov 06.

BSL

I was cowashing every day, but I've grown lazy and cowash about three or four times a week now

N/A

I haven't used heat in a year.

Giovanni Direct-Leave in and coconut oil

Cream of Nature, but I don't shampoo often.

V05, but looking forward to trying Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner

Wash and Go into a pony tail every single day (boring i know)

N/A

Scissors haven't touched my hair since Nov 06 (BC Date)

I don't really do anything. I want to get my hair trimmed at a salon when i'm BSL, but the lady i trust with scissors is gone :(

http://public.fotki.com/curlybear

It was SL at the beginning of my transition and APL when I BC'd at 11 month.

My current length is between SL and APL stretched. My goal length is BSL unstretched.

frostydoll

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 3 years no relaxer, 2 years natural

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Umm maybe in between
APL and BSL when I was younger (around middle school)

4) How often do you wash? I conditioner wash at least 3 times a week

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Once a month or once every 2 months

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Elasta QP Mango Butter

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Moisturizing is Pantene Pro V Hydrating Curls

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? see above

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Wash n' Go, Flat Iron, Braid out, Twist out

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? n/a

12) How often do you trim? Whenever I need too but so far it's been once or twice a year.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? Trims and straightening and now highlights. What do you do yourself? Everything else

http://public.fotki.com/UMBlessedBeauty1/

15) How long was your hair when you started? My hair was barely neck length when I big chopped 2 years ago.

16) What's your current length and goal length? Current length is between shoulder length and APL and my goal length is BSL.

Last edited:

sylver2

1) Relaxed or Natural?
---RELAXED---

---16 YEARS---

---THE LENGTH IT IS NOW-NEAR WAISTLENGTH---

---EVERY 2 WEEKS---

--- 2-3 TIMES A YEAR----

--ONCE A MONTH IN WINTER, HARDLY EVER IN SUMMER---

---NTM SILK TOUCH LEAVE IN, PURE JOJOBA OIL---

---NO FAVORITES-STILL LOOKING---

---PROTEIN-KERAPHIX, MOISTURIZING-NTM DAILY DEEP CONDITIONER---

---BRAIDOUTS OR BLOW DRY & FLAT IRON---

---OPTIMUM-NO LYE---

---ONCE A YEAR---

---GET MY TOUCHUPS IN SALON, EVRYTHING ELSE MYSELF---

---IN SIGGY---

---ABOVE SHOULDER LENGTH--

---NEAR WL, GOAL IS EVEN WL ALL WAY AROUND.---

CarLiTa

1) Relaxed or Natural?Relaxed

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural?Relaxed for almost 7 years

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?3" from waistlength, in May 2006 but with bad ends

4) How often do you wash?I wash once to twice a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax.I relax every 10+ weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons?Barely ever. During the past six months, I would say twice

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?I have just discovered Dabur Vatika coconut oil. It's kind of amazing:) and this new Garnier smoothing milk that I got. I love CHI silk Infusion. ggaaaah that thing is too awesome!!!:grin:

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? I just use Suave Clarifying shampoo. For almost the past year, I have been using Sunsilk Hydra TLC as my moisturizing shampoo

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner is my favorite protein con. I LOVE it. As a pre-poo as well. I use Sunsilk HydraTLC deep conditioner.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?)I suck at styling my hair. I airdry and wear it in a bun most of the time, or I do braidout, which usually go in ponytails as well. I don't blowdry, unless I'm at the salon, and that's hardly ever. My hair DOESN'T look good on a daily basis, I have say :ohwell: I've done a few bantu knot sets before and they came out great:) I need to learn how to rollerset too.

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer?since going to various stylists, i have no idea what they use on my hair, but I usually tell them that i DON'T like the ORS oilve oil one. I prefer Motions lye relaxer

12) How often do you trim?I get deep trims every 4-6 months, and lately too much has been cut off. I'm trying to maintain my own ends myself so that I don't need to have these trims, period.

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself?I get relaxers at the salon, and occasional blowouts and trims. I think in the past year I have been to the salon maybe 5 times.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) http://public.fotki.com/Calala22

15) How long was your hair when you started? My hair was APL, went to 3" from waist, then back to APL, so i've had two "beginning lengths"

16) What's your current length and goal length?[/QUOTE]My current lenght is right below BSL and I'm trying to get to midback, which is 3" below BSL

sareca

Oooo, when I'm done answering these I'm gonna paste it into my fokti under regimen!

1) Relaxed (texturized really)

2) I've been relaxed since 2005

3) My longest was between APL and BSL

4) I wash 2X/week

5) I relax once/yr

6) I use flatirons once every 2 months.

7) My favorite butter is red palm (actually a concoction with it a bunch of other stuff)

8) My favorite clarifying poo is by StyleOne, my favorite moisturizing poo is Phytonectar

9) My favorite protein conditioner is Megatek, my favorite moisturizing condish is Aveda

10) WnG, braids, rollersets

11) Phyto's my favorite relaxer

12) I trim as needed. I have no particular schedule.

13) I get my hair done in kinky twists everything else I do myself.

14) http://fotki.com/serica pw: sareca

15) My hair was 1in below SL when I started

16) My current length is 1in above APL (for the second time).

beaux cheveux

1) Relaxed or Natural?
Relaxed
Maybe 5 years old
Shoulder length the length I am now
Any time I feel like it
Sometimes I strech but every 2 months
Maybe less than once a month I am usualy in braids
My homemade leave in
:confused: I only have one poo Creme of Nature, I use Lemon or Acv to clarify

Miss Key 10 en 1 or Lekir, V05 Strawberry and creme, or Suave Naturals
Braids and Buns, Phony Ponies
ORS No Lye Regular
When I see splits
When I want to look special I go to salon, otherwise I do my own hair I do everything to my hair.
14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) Not yet opened to the public. (no progress pics yet):look:

It was top-mid ear length
Shoulder length and waist length

blazingthru

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Over a year

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Prior to now shoulder length barely grazing my shoulders-
4) How often do you wash? Every chance I get - but not with shampoo

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? twice a year

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Red Palm oil -

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? Don't have a favorite. - But Humectress is perfect. NTM is perfect for my hair can't find it- it makes my hair super soft and silky and I can't find it.

I use five different kinds --no favorites yet. Treseme? Nexxus, Motions silk protein, Humectress, RedKien.

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Wash and wear

12) How often do you trim? once a year

Press and curl but so far I only did that once. Only lasted three hours

15) How long was your hair when you started? bald TWA

16) What's your current length and goal length? COLLARBONE- 3 INCHES FROM ARMPIT. hope to make it by September but won't be sad If I don't still it would be nice.

Blackberry7

1) Relaxed or Natural?

Natural

Life long

Bra strap

Once/week

n/a

n/a

Ahthi Cocoa & Spice Anise Shea Butter (its blended with green tea oil so it's light, absorbs well and is very moisturizing)

Cocoa & Spice Avocado & Lavender hair oil (aromatherapeutic, good for hot oil treatments).

Aveda Shampure

Aveda Sap Moss (moisturizing)

Occassional braid out

Only when needed

Self styler with many years experience

I had a twa in the summer of 04

I'm now about 3" inches past shoulder length when stretched. Goal: About bra strap length.

Last edited:

sxyhairfetish

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 7 years

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? My current length Below Armpit length

4) How often do you wash? Once a Week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. Every 3-4 Months

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Once a Month

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? KeraCare Leave In and Garnier Fructis Leave In

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? CON Clarifying KeraCare Moiture Shampoo for color treated hair

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? ORS Replenishing Pack and My Yogurt Mixture

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Braidouts and seldom flat irons

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? ORS Olive Oil Relaxer

12) How often do you trim? Once every 6 months

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? Once a month at the salon I get my hair washed conditioned rollerset trim when needed. I relax my own hair, wash and style into a braidout or bun.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) www.fotki.com/sxyhairfetish

15) How long was your hair when you started? When I started growing my hair in October 2005 my hair was above my shoulders.

16) What's your current length and goal length? My current length is past APL touching brastrap. My goal length is midback.

betteron2day

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? Since i was 7

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? Mid back

4) How often do you wash? weekly

5) How often do you relax if you relax. every 10-12 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? never

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? coconut

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? suave; keracare detangling

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? AO GPB and Honeysuckle Rose

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) buns

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? whatever she uses at the salon

12) How often do you trim? not often

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? relaxer but everything else i do myself

15) How long was your hair when you started? a little past shoulder

16) What's your current length and goal length? now i am between APL and BSL. want to get to full BSL

LeNghtyDreAms

1) Relaxed or Natural?3/4 relaxed 1/4 natural

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural?Relaxed since 1999/going natural in July 2006

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?Apl

4) How often do you wash? 2x a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. its been almost a yr, but usually every 4-5 months

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? 1x a month

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? havent found 1 yet

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? dont clarify, and Pantene sleek and straight

9) What's are your favorite protein conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?
protein-dont have one
10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) air dry in bun

12) How often do you trim? 3x a yr

none. i wash my hair, my mama flat irons it.

thats under construction/ needs updates

15) How long was your hair when you started? Just touching my shoulders

16) What's your current length and goal length?[/QUOTE]
APL, and my goal is 4in below BSL.

psalfer

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 15 yrs

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? waist

4) How often do you wash? 1xweek

5) How often do you relax if you relax. when my newgrowth is very noticable-usually 3 months or more

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? 1x week to bump my ends under

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? don't have a fav

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? V05 clarifying shampoo/keracare moisturizing shampoo

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners? V05 is about as fancy as I get for protien/keracare humecto

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I always blowdry my hair straight and wrap it every night. I tried to roller set at home, but it didn't work out

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? affirm

12) How often do you trim? every 2 months

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? I go for trims and touch ups only. Everything else I do myself.

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) N/A

15) How long was your hair when you started? mid-back

16) What's your current length and goal length? still mid-back. my current goal is waist length.

Last edited:

eyunka

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? 21 yrs

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? The length it is now..APL

4) How often do you wash? once a week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. 8 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? once a week

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? mango butter, wild hair oil, mizani's H2O (sp)

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? Sally's brand is the only brand I have used so far. moisturizing poo?

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners?forgot the name i will have to get back to you on that one moisturizing conditioners?

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) I do all the were listed and 3/4 wigs, ponytails updos

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? still experimenting just changed to lye perms so still to trying to find the right one for me.

12) How often do you trim? Maybe every 6mo or as needed

13) What services do you get done in a salon? none What do you do yourself? all myself

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) http://public.fotki.com/weyunka/

15) How long was your hair when you started? right at my shoulder

16) What's your current length and goal length? APL, at first i wanted to if this board would help me get it longer than I have ever had and it has not i would like to go for BSL

Last edited:

curlyj

1) Relaxed or Natural? natural

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? IDK, maybe 5 years...@ years sans all chemicals(no color)

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? About 1" past BSLin back(now!)

4) How often do you wash? Every 2 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? Once a year as of now, I plan on wearing my natural hair straight/ or sets once final goal is reached.

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized? Oil- MTG, WGO, Coconut Oil....Mositurizer- Water, Kids Organics-Shea Moisture...Butters- Mango butter

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? I clarify with Redken

Protien- Elasta QP and MNT Mositurizing- MNT deep conditioner, Elasta QP Intense

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) Braids under wig, or side bun

12) How often do you trim? Hmmm...when the mood hits(more like dusting)

Protein treatments, Sealing ends on damp hair with oil and flat iron

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) www.fotki.com/curlyj pw- mister

15) How long was your hair when you started? A bit above SL

BSL (in back), goal length-MBL

Attachments

• 175847450501_0_0.jpg
    175847450501_0_0.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 174445253893_0_0.jpg
    174445253893_0_0.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 175396305669_0_0.jpg
    175396305669_0_0.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3

silvergirl

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? last relaxer was july 2005. so coming up on 2 years !

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been?mid back length

4) How often do you wash?everyday

5) How often do you relax if you relax.n/a

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons?3-4 times a year

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?i dont use oil/moisturizer/ or butters...

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo?anything matrix, paul mitchell or hello hydration

9) What's are your favorite protien conditioners? moisturizing conditioners?joico reconstructor conditioner

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?)airdried wash an goes . simple is better for me

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer?n/a

12) How often do you trim?once a year

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself?everything myself

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!)http://public.fotki.com/louisvuittongurl/

15) How long was your hair when you started? almost shoulder length

16) What's your current length and goal length?current length : 3 inches past underarm
goal length midback unstretched

Finewine

1) Relaxed or Natural? relaxed

2) How long have you been relaxed/natural? since my youth (~ 4th grade)

3) What's the longest your hair has ever been? BSL as a teen; midback as child

4) How often do you wash? at least 1x week

5) How often do you relax if you relax. still working this out. i'm 9 weeks post and plan to relax every 8-10 weeks

6) How often do you use heated tools like flat irons and curling irons? only when going out

7) What's your favorite oil/moisturizer/butter to keep your hair soft and moisturized?condition w/ ion effective care and seal with oil

8) What's your favorite clarifying poo? moisturizing poo? suave clarifying; keracare moisturizing

10) How do you style your hair (examples blow dry, flat iron, curl, roller set, braid out, wrap ect?) flat iron, curl when going out, but usually it's in a bun

11) If relaxed what's your favorite relaxer? revlon lye; i plan on trying ORS lye this time

12) How often do you trim? as necessary (~6-8 weeks)

13) What services do you get done in a salon? What do you do yourself? i do it all myself

14) What's the url for your album (include password if pw protected please!) i get a perm this week and plan to take pics; i'll put it on here when i crop my face out of photos :)

15) How long was your hair when you started? almost APL

16) What's your current length and goal length? half b/w APL and BSL; ?BSL all over or midback

Last edited: