Hide Your Hair Til July 4th Challengers...Reveal that hair!!!

shynessqueen

tsmith said:
This is the best I can do ladies, I tried and tried to take a decent shot but my hair started drying up:lol:

Beginning of HYHTJ Challenge
[URL="http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img20563xg0.jpg][IMG]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9085/img20563xg0.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][URL="http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img20563xg0.jpg"] [/URL][/URL]

July 2 Revel I'm 5 weeks post with tons of newgrowth, so there's major shrinkage:

tsmith I'm very impressed by your overall hair growth. I think you are doing a great job. Keep doing what you are doing. :cool:

kandi1280

:dance7:

I have no words for all of these reveals! You ladies did phenomenal in retaining your length. Everyone's hair looks lush and just beautiful. Found a few more albums to stalk..... :sekret:

I will defineately be joining the next challenge!

janeemat

Dang! Ladies I'm just floored. And Jettsetter your growth is unbelievable! I think I might wear this boring mini bun the rest of my stretch.

HollyGolightly1982

Before

After

Christa438

Brownsis said:
Congrats to:
Rabia, mytialpn, vwvixxen, mczygr, kiwi, mom23, lnhair, dcbrown and miss jetsetter

amazing progress ladies...

Yes, all you lovely ladies had excellent progress. That's the beauty of the HYH challenges. :cool:

Brownsis,
When I looked at the Nov06 pic I was like "alright", then I looked at the Dec06 pic and said "it's looking so thick", then when I looked at the July07 I said "Dayum...Wow!" Great growth! :)

Hollygolightly, you did wonderful too!

Last edited:

janeemat

RabiaElaine said:
Nope ... this next challenge is the biggie...it's until Christmas!! That's what we did this time last year..it was or first HYH challenge. I like it the best because I experience the most growth.

Since we're revealing today I guess we start tomorrow...but if people want to wait until after the holiday that's fine with me.

Rabia, please post the challenge instructions again. Are you still allowed 2 passes. Does wearing rod sets qualify for hiding your hair? Are we basically hiding the length of the hair.

C

CaliJ

Congrats ladies!!! You all have had some amazing growth in such a short time!! Congrats again and keep it growing!! :)

Miss_Jetsetter

zora said:
Oh ok, so you didn't get a weave from her. Right? So how did you hide your hair or were you just hiding it from us?

Yes, that's exactly it.

Thank you for the wonderful compliments, ladies!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Congratulations!! everyone has done a wonderful job at retaining and not to mention all the health, thickness and shine that was gained on this challenge! :D

MiWay

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies!

Let's reveal that hair. Here's mine:

March 2007

July 1st 2007

July 1st 2007

I'm very happy with the length I've achieved...back to hiding :)

APL in the house!!! You grow girl! Great progress!

MiWay

My update... Maybe I'm hair anorexic, but I don't see much growth. The July pic is wet hair, so maybe when I straighten it, I will see a difference.

April 2007

July 2007

MiWay

VWVixxen said:
It's time!! :woot:

Well, I didn't think I did as well as I actually did! I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't even take pictures for myself during this challenge. And admittedly, I lost a lot of thickness from shedding (stretching :nono: ), but I retained a little length. I was going to skip the next challenge, on second thought...It's on!!...I'm in!!! :lol:

I missed the April reveal so here's my starting length, April 7th through July 1st.

:eek: :eek: Woooowwwww! Great job lady! You are making such wonderful progress!

MrsHouston

Awesome job Miss_Jetsetter...very impressive!

Miss_Jetsetter said:
Looking good ladies!

I was not officially on this challenge (on this board) but I have updated my 6 month prgress pics in my blog nonetheless. Feel free to take a look. Scroll down past my rambling to the pic on the bottom, LOL.

ETA: (for those who don't feel like clicking links)
]

December '06

]

June '07

Proudpiscean

msbrown76 said:
My update... Maybe I'm hair anorexic, but I don't see much growth. The July pic is wet hair, so maybe when I straighten it, I will see a difference.

April 2007

July 2007

I defintely see progress! Looks like you gained at least an inch or more. :)
Keep it up girlie. I'm joining the next challenge :grin:

MiWay

mytialpn said:
My reveal. My tattoo tells more of my progression than anything else.

4-12-07 and 7-01-07
Wet hair before and after I couldn't see much of a difference though.

3-17-07 and 7-01-07
Dry hair, I wanted to wear the same bra but since I'm pregnant and the girls are heavier there was a lot of adjusting but you can tell the difference by looking at my tattoo.

7-01-07
Decided to style it and wear it down after having it up for so long but it didn't last the second pic is at the end of the day.

You have made great progress! You will be at BSL in no time!

RabiaElaine

senimoni said:
Ohhh LadyChocolate where you been hiding...another fotki to stalk.

Nice Job TSmith...I'm mad at your picture skills...those photos are the exact same lighting, angle etc etc...which I suck at.

Here are my pictures...its not really that noticable...but it is in person to me so I'm happy. Actually looks longer in the first picture...strange.
Before - Mid March

After - Late June

One or two more pics in fotki.

http://public.fotki.com/Senimoni/2007/apr_july/

Beautiful as always!!