Inversion Challenge 2016 (consistency Is Key)

Day 2 completed last night with avocado oil and scalp massage. Day 3 tonight no oil but will massage.

Day 7 completed with mn and peppermint oil. I will post a length check when I straighten my hair the end of the month.

im trying for the 1st time. im on day 4. I have not used any oil though (it will mess up my twists) i am massaging thougn

I'm in! I was doing this for a week the first month I had my sew in installed. It's very relaxing.

Stats:
Currently: Natural
Big Chop: November 5th
Current Length: uneven neck length
Oils/Growth aids used: castor oil/rosemary/peppermint oil/emu oil mix or my NaturelleGrow's Vanilla Fig Hair Spritzer/
Ginger Peach herbal Leave-In Conditioning Spray/Strawberry Kiwi Hair Spritzer mix.

Pics:
IMG_2990_zps5yg8ig0y.jpg
IMG_2992_zps4ict1fft.jpg

Just got home to find the new products I ordered had arrived! Got me some jojoba, peppermint and tea tree oils along with a few new to me Keracare products. Massaging my scalp now with jojoba and a few drops of peppermint oil. Scalp is nice and tingly and then I will be inverting for 4 minutes - day 4 will be completed.

Long post!

Ok ladies. I'm getting alittle hype. I think I see sum growth! !!

I decided to M&S part of the back of my hair and brush it out (like naptural85 hair tutorial on a heatless blowout) and I was delightfully surprised at the growth and the overall health of my hair. I haven't straighten my hair in over 6mths so I really don't know the condition of my ends.

The tail of my hair is measuring 13in and my sides are 11.5 (remained the same). I had cut my hair last month b/c I thought my ends were bad and to give my hair shape. The tail was barely 12. I'm also able to do my own LC.:bounceline:

I'll edit this post in a min to upload sum pics. It could be all in my head, but i am happy to be doing my own LC.

Attachments

• rps20160109_150012.jpg
    rps20160109_150012.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 119
  • rps20160109_145813.jpg
    rps20160109_145813.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 47
  • rps20160109_145857.jpg
    rps20160109_145857.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'd like to join! I'm also doing the 12 inches in 12 months challenge and monthly inversions are already a part of my regimen. This challenge will keep me on track with the inversions.

Natural
Current length:
CBL
Goal length: BSL
Regimen: Monthly 1 week inversions; protective styling (currently in crochet braids); multi/HSN/fish oil supplements; Perricone/Primal eating plan; carrot juice; lots and lots of water; strength training min 4x/week.
Oils/Growth aids used: Sulfur mix oil; ORS Fertilizing Serum
Starting pic (see below)

https://longhaircareforum.com/attachments/20151206_145319-jpg.344673/

Since I bought a length check shirt I can start doing my monthly/bimonthly updates with pics. I inverted from the 1st until the 7th this month. I will take a pic later today to get my starting length for the year.

Anyone seeing results from this method?

I've been on the inversion kick since 2013. Consistency is key, but even with me missing some days per session here and there I feel like it works.

My most recent Big chop (1- 1.5 inches all around) was October 2014. October 2014 vs October 2015 comparison below:

Oct 2014

Oct 2015

Day 1 completed
Massaged 2 minutes
Inverted 4 minutes

I have a picture of one of my mini twists on the left side of my head. This very small section is between 11.5 and 12 inches. I will be taking all of my twists down Friday or Saturday. I will measure again after I invert Saturday. I didn't take measurements from different areas because I'm tired. No oil was used during the massage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 22
Inversion Day 1 was completed yesterday. I inverted for 4 minutes under my baggy using:

• L = L.A.C.E. Ayurvedic Hair & Scalp Mist
  • C = Hawaiian Silky 10 n 1
  • O = Orofluido on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges
  • B = Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends & Hairitage Hydration Horsetail Butter on scalp

I will use these same products & timeframe through Thursday. My products will change on Friday & Saturday, but the timeframe will remain the same.

Back