July 2017: Hits & Misses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits (in no particular order):
Liquid Gold's Fruit Hair Smoothies (assorted scents)
Kindred Butters DC'ers
BoBeam DC'ers
Cathy Howse UBH
Oyin Honey Hemp
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
Hairveda (Various)
KeraVada (Creme Brulee, Hydromax Cleanser)
Bekura's Tapioca
Creme & Coco's Tinctures and Cream & Coco's Creams

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Initial meh: Morroccan oil hydrating styling creme

Realized I had a sample in my stash and im out of my Pureology 21 benefits. Its nice, great slip no surprise as its full of cones, moisturizes and softens but its super light. I would have to use a lot more to really feel like my hair was properly moisturized. I like the pureology much better.

Beamodel

"The Mane Choice" Ancient Egyptian Line

Miss
Shampoo - No go. My hair felt stripped and tangled. Unlike all the reviews I watched on YouTube. This shampoo is definitely going back (purchased from Sally's)

Not a Hit or a Miss
Conditioner - it soften my hair upon contact. Used it immediately after shampooing my hair. Was able to detanlge a little bit but nothing to brag or boast about. This might go back. Not sure yet. I can't fathom the idea of having such an expensive item as a rise out conditioner.

To be continued
Mask - currently dc'ing with it right now. So far not completely wow'd with it either but I'll judge it more accurately after rinsing it out.

Hit
Oil - pretty sure I'll keep this one. I placed a small amount on top of the hair mask.

Hopeful Hit
Split end repair - haven't used it yet but I'm hoping this is something I'd wonna keep.

The scent smells fruity. Soft subtle. Nothing drool worthy to get super excited about though. But it's nice.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
First Impression Hit
  • Soultanicals Soulvedic Shampoo Bar from Hattache' (has around 9 ayurvedic ingredients and has my hair feeling super soft; allowed for detangling, but not as much/well as JR Liggetts Moisturizing Shampoo Bar or 22nd Century Shampoo Bar; I like that I'm putting these ingredients on my scalp and hair)
Hit
  • Showerhead filter (hard water no more!)
  • KareCo Tangle Buster brush (my life is changed)

Miss
  • Forgetting NOT to use unfiltered sink water after having taken the time to fill my spray bottle with shower-filtered water
  • Difficulty getting Soultanicals SPRUNG Coil Boosting Gelly out of the bottle when I was in a hurry
  • Brushing in product from an old bottle of Soultanicals Curl Blaze (technique inspired by YT video; probably needed for that process her Felicia Leatherwood brush instead of my KareCo brush; I got a super bushy wet 'fro)

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Continued Hit: KindredButters Joe's Joe DC just plain delicious

Forever a hit: Redken cleansing cream

Hit of a lifetime: the afro pick. Hides the fact that I have super thin hair.

Miss: this mullet my hair grows in. I refuse to cut perfectly good hair knowing it's going to grow back the same way

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Final thoughts on The Mane Choice Mask

- I like it. It made my hair soft, fluffy, moisturized and strong. My curls, are defined and springy like life was added back to them. I would repurchase the mask again but most likely but I'd prefer to purchase it at a discounted rate.
@Beamdoel
They have 30% = JULY30 today and tomorrow.:look:

Imma try to hold out until BF when I hear they have 50%:up:
Nice Review btw:yep:

Beamodel

@Beamdoel
They have 30% = JULY30 today and tomorrow.:look:

Imma try to hold out until BF when I hear they have 50%:up:
Nice Review btw:yep:

Yes, I myself will wait until then too or go grab it from Sally's again. That way if I don't want it, I can always return it.

The regular conditioner and certainly the shampoo will go back. That shampoo stripped the ish out of my hair and tangled it up big time. YouTube folks raved about it though so maybe my hair is different. I'll. Stick with my design essentials almond and Avacado shampoo for now.

The oil is seriously wonderful. I'm gonna use the split end treatment to put on my ends. I'm keeping everything except for the shampoo and regular conditioner.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
First Impressions Hits:
Napur Henna. Delicious. I made a paste with water and WGO and went to the gym. It rinsed well. Then I washed with CRN and my hair was nice and soft.:drool:

Keravada Creme Brûlée. Nice. Went on well, no residue or white cast. Sunk in and the cake batter smell didn't linger. We will see about the 3-day moisture, but for now, my hair feels nice.

Combination Hit:
Leave-In--Pomade/Grease--Gel--Oil for my WNG :look:. That combination is bangin though :drool:

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I tried two new products this month.

Initial Miss
Pure by Made Beautiful PURIfying Rinse - My hair rejected it. I applied it to towel blotted hair after clarifying shampoo. It never absorbed; white coating on my strands. It initially smells like fresh cut cucumbers + vinegar. When my hair dried the vinegar note disappeared. The faint cucumber scent remained.

Initial Hit
LUSH Cosmetics Smugglers Soul Solid Shampoo (Sulfate based) - I lathered twice. It removed heavy products (shea butter, Nature's Blessings pomade + SM Kids conditioner as prepoo) with ease. My hair & Scalp were very clean, but not stripped. It smells like sandalwood, lavender & vetivert; similar to Oyin Handmade Go Tea grooming spray. The bar has some lightweight oils in it, but I wouldn't call it a moisturizing cleanser. It is a step below a clarifying shampoo.

Last edited:

LushLox

Philip Kingsley Tricho Complex Hair Nutrition Formula

This is the real deal, my hair feels so much more substantial and dense. Texture is so soft and I retain moisture so much better.

I haven't even been taking it for that long but the difference is noticeable.

It's stupid expensive but that's okay I don't mind paying for something that works.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits(in no particular order):
Curl Junkie's Daily Fix
Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion
Kindred Butters DC'ers
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration
J. Monique Naturals Pre-Poo (Cheery Bark, Peppermint, Green & Black Teas)
J. Monique's Dead Sea Mud Wash
J. Monique's Triple Seaweed Hair Treatment
J. Monique's 50% off SALE
Liquid Gold's Hair Fruit Smoothies
Bekura's Tapioca
Qhemet Biologics Coco Tree Detangling Ghee
SprAngz Hair Glaze (equivalent of Moisture Drenched Pre-Poo)
Claudie's Grandma Louise Hair Grease
BoBeam's DC'ers

lindseyerinc

Hit
Twisting hair in the shower. I don't know how many videos I've seen of youtubers styling their hair in the shower, or why it took me how long to try it. For the past three wash days I've put my hair in 6 twists that come out juicy and silky! I also use less product which is a major plus for me.