July 2017: Hits & Misses

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Really simple hit :lachen::
L.L.O. (Liquid, Liquid, Oil) method on my relaxed hair. I started off just spraying the X21 spray (hair felt dry), then added APB leave-in spray (getting better), now lastly I added APB Hurry Up and Grow oil (yes Gawd!). I think this combination works pretty darn good. I'm quite sure that X21 and APB Hurry up and Grow Oil are the HG combo.

Edited to add: I don't really wear my hair straight, it's usually in a bun or ponytail. I airdry, so smoothness isn't really a factor since I'm gonna sweat it out anyway:lol:

KinkyRN

:lol: at the blue! Oh no! Hold on, sis! You GOT to make it! I hear you, though.

:clap: at the green and the purple! Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!! Hipo ladies figuring it out! :yep: :clapping:

What product combination gave you 5-day moisture?

How did your hair feel after the Joico K Pac DPR?
I used the Curl enhancing smoothie with the souffle on soaking wet hai. I mixed it about 2:1. I guess the silk protein and the glycerin were just right. That Joico reconstructor is the truth. When rinsing I could feel my hair heavier and stronger. I followed up with TGIN DC. My hair was then softer and stronger and it took it about 2 hours to air dry. I am thankful for this breakthru.

lady1979

It has great ingredients and a great name. It works. It smells fine. But I don't use it because it's in a bottle and not a tube. Crazy.

I thought about cutting the bottle open and putting the product in a squeezable color applicator bottle, but I instead I just keep reaching for my other leave ins. Oh well. Can't say I wasn't warned.

That's exactly what I did
In a squeeze bottle from Sally's

victory777

Hit:
APB hair lotions, UCS, and customer service.
Initial hit:
Kindred Butters
*Great customer service and shipping...
*Absolutely no leakage noticed in the package, even on one of the hottest day in The South
* fast response
* I'm new to this company , and I will most definitely revisit during the upcoming sale
Currently under a baggie with the mango and pumpkin conditioner

Libra08

Surprise misses:

Camille Rose Naturals penetrating coconut leave-in. Got so many good reviews on here. It started out okay but my hair dried up so quickly while twisting. That NEVER happens. It made my low porosity hair feel like what I imagine high porosity to feel like. Was trying to find something better than kinky curly but nope. Perhaps it's the coconut water.

Design Essentials Avocado detangling shampoo. For sure thought this was gonna be a hit, but no as well. I like the way it applies but it makes my hair feel so stripped. Gave it another go this week, and it's a definite no. Maybe it's the protein? If anyone has any moisturzing, detangling, protein free shampoo recs let me know!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
HIT :up: Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler

I saw a new YouTuber (DSFAVORS) using this on her waist length 4Aish hair and it did really well. I went ahead and got it from Target and used it today. My hair was the straightest post blow dry ever. It is a blow dryer with a "paddle brush" on the end for one handed hair drying. I really like it. I'm holding onto the box and receipt though in case the brush tips break off.

MISS :down: Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm when wearing hair blow dried or straightened. I've said this before, JMRTB leaves the hair heavy and without movement. When this jar I have is gone I'll be moving on to a new moisturizing DC.

ms.blue

I saw a new YouTuber (DSFAVORS) using this on her waist length 4Aish hair and it did really well. I went ahead and got it from Target and used it today. My hair was the straightest post blow dry ever. It is a blow dryer with a "paddle brush" on the end for one handed hair drying. I really like it. I'm holding onto the box and receipt though in case the brush tips break off.
That was the video that inspired me into purchasing the blowdryer and I LOVE IT. I even got one of my friends to buy the dryer as well and she loves it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

MISS :down: Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm when wearing hair blow dried or straightened. I've said this before, JMRTB leaves the hair heavy and without movement. When this jar I have is gone I'll be moving on to a new moisturizing DC.

That was the video that inspired me into purchasing the blowdryer and I LOVE IT. I even got one of my friends to buy the dryer as well and she loves it.

I purchased the Lescolton One Step Dryer & Styler Hot Air Paddle Brush | Negative Ion Generator Hair Straightener.

I tried it on one section of hair because I was just so curious. I detangled with leave-in then applied heat protectant and used the paddle brush dryer.

I love it.

The reviews and the design and the discounted price prompted me to give it a go. :smile:

It took NO time for my hair to dry, and my hair was straight. Once I use it on my whole head, I'll take a picture (hope I can upload it!) and post an initial impression review.

I am FASTLY becoming salon-independent. All I need to learn to do now is trim my own hair so that it is even on both halves. :smile:

MsSanz92

Surprise misses:

Camille Rose Naturals penetrating coconut leave-in. Got so many good reviews on here. It started out okay but my hair dried up so quickly while twisting. That NEVER happens. It made my low porosity hair feel like what I imagine high porosity to feel like. Was trying to find something better than kinky curly but nope. Perhaps it's the coconut water.

Design Essentials Avocado detangling shampoo. For sure thought this was gonna be a hit, but no as well. I like the way it applies but it makes my hair feel so stripped. Gave it another go this week, and it's a definite no. Maybe it's the protein? If anyone has any moisturzing, detangling, protein free shampoo recs let me know!

This was a miss for me too. I find it to be very stripping for a sulfate free shampoo. I was also underwhelmed by the conditioner from the line too, but the moisturizing lotion, curling creme, and defining creme gel were hits for me!

lindseyerinc

OT but did you see how she made a video "exposing" hair gurus? Naptural85 went on twitter and said that everyone on youtube is a content creator just trying to do their best to bring info to the people

werenumber2

Surprise misses:

My hair despises hydrolyzed wheat protein but seems to really like the DE Avocado shampoo. Maybe you can give the Honey Creme shampoo a try? I'm going to pick that one up after I run out of the Avocado to see how they compare.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
OT but did you see how she made a video "exposing" hair gurus? Naptural85 went on twitter and said that everyone on youtube is a content creator just trying to do their best to bring info to the people
I saw that. I thought she had a point about some of it but was wrong for some of it too. And I knew calling out Naptural85 would come back up. I'm glad I peeped that dryer though. :look: