June 2017: Hits & Misses

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
@IDareT'sHair, I have the Moringa spray and sealing cream. They smell kind of fruity but they are STRONG! Just this morning I was contemplating returning them because of the smell. I tested the spray and it irritated my scalp. I'm sure it's due to the fragrance. They're both purple in color so I'm sure they are more additives in addition to fragrance. I also tried the detangling shampoo. Smells like grape soda and is strong.

Just like @YvetteWithJoy, I returned the 3-in-1. It smells so bad to me.

I love the cream (so much I'm almost out). The spray is decent but I generally find I have little need for sprays. But, it's funny that I don't find either scent overly strong.

Check the ingredients on your bottle, but the spray doesn't have a color additive - the cream does (it's the last ingredient).

mzteaze

@IDareT'sHair, are you going to post a review for them? If so, I'll be on the lookout.

@mzteaze, to me they smell ok but I find them to be too strong. They scent lingers for a while. I may try them and see if I can put up with it. Is your spray purple?

Yes my spray is purple.

Almost all of their products contain biotin. Could it be that you have a reaction to that?

trueheartofgold

@trueheartofgold
Whenever I get to them, I will definitely weigh in on them.:yep:

I hope to get around to them before BF to determine if I might want to place an order then.

If I don't get around to them, I will take my cue from the Ladies in U1B1 and decide from their reviews of this line.:up:

Ok. I will be on the lookout for your review.

P.S. Last BF they started with 60% off and they had crazy sales. If you decide to repurchase at that time, I'm sure they will have great deals.

mzteaze

That may be it but I'm not sure. I only tried it once so I'll will try again and see what happens.

How do you like the Ancient Egyptian line? How is the scent?

I'm really a fan of The Mane Choice. So much so, that I would definitely list this in the top 3 product lines I would use if I practiced using a single brand for hair care.

So that said, I really like the Egyptian line so far. The shampoo & serum are regularly used. I have the mask but haven't used it at all yet.

The scent IMHO is lighter than the original line - light, floral-y (sorry @IDareT'sHair ) - but I'm not overly influenced by scents so I might not be the best judge here.

trueheartofgold

I'm really a fan of The Mane Choice. So much so, that I would definitely list this in the top 3 product lines I would use if I practiced using a single brand for hair care.

So that said, I really like the Egyptian line so far. The shampoo & serum are regularly used. I have the mask but haven't used it at all yet.

The scent IMHO is lighter than the original line - light, floral-y (sorry @IDareT'sHair ) - but I'm not overly influenced by scents so I might not be the best judge here.

Thanks for the review!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Do you use the Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Deep Conditioning Treatment? If so, what color is your product & does it make your scalp itch?
@mzteaze
When I had it, it was a slight orangey-beige. Could not finish it.

ITCH? Gurl....did You say ITCH? :eek:
I had to toss. I really wanted to love it but:couchfire:.....:mwahahafire:

Tore my scalp up!

It was the Orange/Citrus Oil for me which is strange because HV's Sitrinillah and/or Oyin Honey Hemp does not affect me in that manner.

But it was something about HTN's Moisturizing DC'er that caused me to have a terrible reaction. When I used it, I had to immediately redo my hair and take a Ben.adryl.

mzteaze

@mzteaze
When I had it, it was a slight orangey-beige. Could not finish it.

ITCH? Gurl....did You say ITCH? :eek:
I had to toss. I really wanted to love it but:couchfire:.....:mwahahafire:

Tore my scalp up!

It was the Orange/Citrus Oil for me which is strange because HV's Sitrinillah and/or Oyin Honey Hemp does not affect me in that manner.

But it was something about HTN's Moisturizing DC'er that caused me to have a terrible reaction. When I used it, I had to immediately redo my hair and take a Ben.adryl.

I had the SAME REACTION! I thought something was wrong with either me or the product. I mixed that with my henna on Wednesday & my scalp was singing .

I didn't have to take Benadryl but had a slight headache for at least an hour afterwards.

I'm so glad I asked. Welp now I will just toss what's left because I know I can't use it and can't pass it on.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Hit:

Mielle Organics Honey & Ginger styling gel! Also, doing a "dry" wash n go thanks to a Youtuber I came across!